Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Handles

tarquin

Hello All,

Do you own a pre 2010 iQ? Do you have trouble closing your doors from the inside by pulling the chrome lip housing the tweeter speaker? Well on the new 2010 model onwards MR T changed the inlay panel which holds the window switches and incorporated a hand pull cup which by its location is further along the door giving you more percentage of the door to pull and aids closure

You can order replacements for both sides for about £26. The 2010 onwards model has a screw with a cap to tighten it in place in the centre of the cup. This is not needed and if you replace the panel in a 2009 model you will find there isn't anywhere for the screw to screw into anyway. So all you need to order is the panel and screw cap. The existing panel is easily removed with either a trim tool (Recommended £11.99 from Halfords) or a thin knife. It just pops out. The switches are removed by pushing back 2 little clips (obvious when viewed) The two pictures show before and after although it shows one from one side and the other from the other side as I am still waiting on the drivers side.

If this is something you would like to do and need more info or detailed pics of the stages , just ask. Total time per side to do less than 1min

David

post-109788-0-78843500-1319233421_thumb.

post-109788-0-20261600-1319233460_thumb.

Maybe. Will check if i still have the bags they came in. Its not a problem though. Have to pick up the drivers door one because it got missed off the list will get a full part number list. Can take pics of getting the original panel out, rempving the switches, and importantly fitting the screw cover which is not as it seems as it makes a little flap once clipped in. This all might sound trickey but it is deadvsimple to do

David

• Like 1

They look nice David...... How did you know the new model had them haha :)

A mate told me Ha HA

Pictures David.... pictures.....

Can take pics of getting the original panel out, rempving the switches, and importantly fitting the screw cover which is not as it seems as it makes a little flap once clipped in. This all might sound trickey but it is deadvsimple to do

It's a very nice part... to ad to the car...

Peter

Have you got the part numbers?

Hi Sally

If your still interested here are the part numbers

1 X T74231-74030-E0 Panel £10.86 + Vat

1 X T74232-74030-E0 Panel £11.62 + Vat

2 X T4223-12130-E1 Plug £0.44 each £0.88 + Vat

Total inc Vat £28.32

David

Hi Sally

Total inc Vat £28.32

David

Can you please post pictures with the replacement procedure ?

Thanks,

Nick.

Can take pics of getting the original panel out, rempving the switches, and importantly fitting the screw cover which is not as it seems as it makes a little flap once clipped in. This all might sound tricky but it is deadsimple to do

Peter

Oooops... got to correct myself... :crybaby:

I already have these in the car... now isn't that funny... strange.... :o

I thought my iQ was the second upgrade.. april 2010..

I have the iQ with the not so scratchy panels and a lowerable front seat...

Photos here:

P1040930.jpg

P1040928.jpg

Thats really weird... thought it was a nice upgrade and I have them already??? :eek:

Peter

Can take pics of getting the original panel out, rempving the switches, and importantly fitting the screw cover which is not as it seems as it makes a little flap once clipped in. This all might sound tricky but it is deadsimple to do

Peter

Oooops... got to correct myself... :crybaby:

I already have these in the car... now isn't that funny... strange.... :o

I thought my iQ was the second upgrade.. april 2010..

I have the iQ with the not so scratchy panels and a lowerable front seat...

Photos here:

P1040930.jpg

P1040928.jpg

Thats really weird... thought it was a nice upgrade and I have them already??? :eek:

Peter

Peter, You are so loosing it Mate

David

Peter

Peter, You are so loosing it Mate

David

You are sooo right David.... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Hi Sally

Total inc Vat £28.32

David

Thanks,

Nick.

Ok Here we go

First you will need to get either a "trim" tool from Halfords for £11.99 or a thin fairly wide (about 2 inches) blade. Maybe a paint scraper. but be careful of the sharp corners so as to not dig the plastic. You could use a butter or cake knife. Don't use a flat screwdriver because it will leave dents either side of the gap and look awful. You need to prise it in the thin gap of the panel you want to change out and the chrome handle. If it seems too tight, Grab the edge of the chrome and pull it towards you,the gap will widen.

You then simply lever the panel out. You will hear 3-4 clicks as it gives way.If it looks stuck one end , just pull it.

One out you will see where all the clips are so can see where to push down on the new one.

Un-clip the white cable by pushing the tab in. Now using a small screwdriver or pointed thing, push the little tab in the switch at both ends, and pull the switch out at the same time. Y can do one end at a time..

Simply click the switch into the new panel. The screw cover plug is fitted as in the picture. It doesn't do anything other than cover the screw hole (the screw is not needed ) and there isn't provision for it on an older door.

Re-fit the cable and offer the panel back to the door and simply push into place. Done!!! The description sound "Wordy" but in practice is very easy and would have you 2min a side max

David

post-109788-0-36292600-1319621685_thumb.

post-109788-0-95951700-1319621777_thumb.

post-109788-0-93771500-1319621818_thumb.

post-109788-0-17061300-1319621848_thumb.

post-109788-0-75055800-1319621877_thumb.

post-109788-0-60515300-1319621901_thumb.

post-109788-0-97249400-1319621926_thumb.

post-109788-0-84863700-1319621988_thumb.

post-109788-0-94325600-1319622013_thumb.

post-109788-0-94577800-1319622034_thumb.

post-109788-0-08448200-1319622057_thumb.

post-109788-0-50766900-1319622090_thumb.

Hi Sally

Total inc Vat £28.32

David

Thanks,

Nick.

Ok Here we go

First you will need to get either a "trim" tool from Halfords for £11.99 or a thin fairly wide (about 2 inches) blade. Maybe a paint scraper. but be careful of the sharp corners so as to not dig the plastic. You could use a butter or cake knife. Don't use a flat screwdriver because it will leave dents either side of the gap and look awful. You need to prise it in the thin gap of the panel you want to change out and the chrome handle. If it seems too tight, Grab the edge of the chrome and pull it towards you,the gap will widen.

You then simply lever the panel out. You will hear 3-4 clicks as it gives way.If it looks stuck one end , just pull it.

One out you will see where all the clips are so can see where to push down on the new one.

Un-clip the white cable by pushing the tab in. Now using a small screwdriver or pointed thing, push the little tab in the switch at both ends, and pull the switch out at the same time. Y can do one end at a time..

Simply click the switch into the new panel. The screw cover plug is fitted as in the picture. It doesn't do anything other than cover the screw hole (the screw is not needed ) and there isn't provision for it on an older door.

Re-fit the cable and offer the panel back to the door and simply push into place. Done!!! The description sound "Wordy" but in practice is very easy and would have you 2min a side max

David

Thank you very much !!

Nick.

Now THAT, Davis, was pretty awesome.... :toast:

Hey I have a new name Davis

cheers mate

Not bad for someone who has never worked on a car before I bought mine in June HE HE

David

An up-date for Nick Ironpytite

I picked up the drivers side panel today and when i removed the old one I remembered that the drivers door is easier to do as the switch assembly is held in position by 3 screws as in the pic. Don't try to prise the white part of the switch out of its holder. It does come out if you cut the head off the plastic rivet and prise all the way round but you don't need to do that, take the whole thing off with the three screws. I took the white part out of mine because I changed the LED's to blue.

David

post-109788-0-17834800-1319703735_thumb.

I picked up the drivers side panel today and when i removed the old one I remembered that the drivers door is easier to do as the switch assembly is held in position by 3 screws as in the pic. Don't try to prise the white part of the switch out of its holder. It does come out if you cut the head off the plastic rivet and prise all the way round but you don't need to do that, take the whole thing off with the three screws. I took the white part out of mine because I changed the LED's to blue.

David

Thanks again David !

Nick

David

Thanks again David !

Nick

No Worries

Hmmmm... appears to be a Typo... my Good Sir... or the C-H formula kicks in... ha ha

So sorry.. Davis... ehh.. David... (s is next to the d).. :o

And Yes I am loosing it once again.... :rolleyes:

Petes ...

Hmmmm... appears to be a Typo... my Good Sir... or the C-H formula kicks in... ha ha

Petes ...

Too much Nitrous oxide lol lol lol lol

David

Petes ...

Too much Nitrous oxide lol lol lol lol

David

Ha ha David... so wrong my Good Sir,

Let me explain (pff).. :yawn:

NitrousOxide is NO2... a powerful toxic red-brown gas ... very poisonous to us...

Nitrogen dioxide is the chemical compound with the formula NO2. One of several nitrogen oxides, NO2 is an intermediate in the industrial synthesis of nitric acid, millions of tons of which are produced each year. This reddish-brown toxic gas has a characteristic sharp, biting odor and is a prominent air pollutant. Nitrogen dioxide is a paramagnetic bent molecule with C2v point group symmetry.

And laughing-gas is N2O.... made from :

Oddly enough also called NitrousOxide.. whilst it should be called BiNitrousOxide... :bookworm:

Lachgas kan op verschillende wijzen bereid worden, bijvoorbeeld uit ontleding van nitraten of van hyposalpeterigzuur:

H2N2O2 → N2O. + H2O.

But I meant was .....

obviously ...

the drinkable C2H5OH.... known as Ethanol...

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

David is Right.

Check below:

==================

Nitrous oxide

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas or sweet air, is a chemical compound with the formula N2O. It is an oxide of nitrogen. At room temperature, it is a colorless non-flammable gas, with a slightly sweet odor and taste. It is used in surgery and dentistry for its anesthetic and analgesic effects. It is known as "laughing gas" due to the euphoric effects of inhaling it, a property that has led to its recreational use as a dissociative anesthetic. It is also used as an oxidizer in rocketry and in motor racing to increase the power output of engines. At elevated temperatures, nitrous oxide is a powerful oxidizer similar to molecular oxygen.

==================

Nick

OK OK OK .. you and David are both soooooohh right... fine... :!Removed!:

Peter :)

And ............. on topic again.... :bye:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but can I confirm that the part numbers above come in a purple colour? Just want to check before ordering.

Thanks

Fish