Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Sizes

Bong Water

The standard tyre size is 195/55/16 which on another forum I use (who all seem to despise and slate the T-Sport Corolla) is apparently not the right tyre szie for a car that is nearly 200bhp however I've checked the manual and that is the correct size

Has anyone fitted 205/50/16 to the standard wheels?

There are lots and lots of topics that discuss this that can be found on the search thread mate.

your right, 195/55/16 is the factory fitted tyre size.

But most people upgrade to 205/50/16 without any issues.

They do look better and feel better without any speedo issues or extra road noise

I did search I couldnt find anything?

You sure 50 is ok? I thought 55 would have been better as it keeps the standard radious, thats what the tyre guy said, they are also a lot cheaper

well at 205 your increasing your width so /55 would give you a bigger tyre wall and bigger radius than a 55 on 195 width.

I find the T sport speedo to be a few mph over what a sat nav registers anyway so if your out but a few % its not that a big issue.

I find my 225/45/17 alloys match the sat nav exacty nearly all the way through the speedo.

Once again its toyta been cautious.

I cant get 205/55/16 Dunlop Fast Response fitted for under £400 but the same tyre in a 50 profile is over £100 more :(

They were fine, i'll be putting them back on in a few months over winter. Its hard to say because my tyres were getting down to been illegal when i changed, so just having new tyres is such a plus. But there wasn't anything negative that came from them, no additional road noise, no rubbing, the speedo wasn't any further out.

I know most people do choose the 205 tyre and if the difference between 50 profile and 55 is that much then i know what size most people will opt for.

Thanks I wish I wasnt so indecisive, Kwik Fit have a deal on and I can get 4 x 205/55/16 SP Sport Dunlop Fast Response fitted today for under £400 and I'm wondering if I'm being stupid not going for it

Did the tyres look massive? Its hard to tell in the pics

You car is exactly the same as mine, colour etc

I can't really find any decent pictures that show the alloys well

one here

26466_10150154619730431_874815430_11787601_7967526_n.jpg

But even from side on it doesn't look flattering

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links