Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car

Phoenix999

This is the replacement for my 2009 T4 Tourer. It is the 1.8 T4 automatic :)

I collected it last Tuesday and I am very pleased with it :yes:

Current021.jpg

Current031.jpg

Current011.jpg

Its a lovely looking car, and the colour really suits it.

My neighbours got one in Decuma Grey a few days ago, to replace a Honda Accord - back to Toyota again for them.

Anyway, enjoy your new car, it looks great :thumbsup:

Looking good Steve......I do not normally like white cars, but this looks particularly sporty in white :thumbsup:

Looking good Steve......I do not normally like white cars, but this looks particularly sporty in white :thumbsup:

I tend to agree with you Steve in that normally I am not keen on white cars even though I have had two in the past. However, I did a little looking around on the internet and found a few photos of the Avensis in white and thought that the colour actually suits the car. The Avensis is a fairly large car and I was a little concerned that the brightness may have been too much but I was wrong.

I now have the chrome garnishes on the car and it looks even better :yes::drool:

Looks great, I have the 2010 T4 2.0 litre diesel tourer and when due for a change am considering a 1.8 litre petrol auto, perhaps when you have had a chance to assess it some thoughts would be helpful.

Looks great mate. Can I ask what other marques of car you were looking and what made you choose the Avensis saloon over the likes of the new Honda accord and there new oil burner? How come you didn't get an estate version like you had b4 mate. :thumbsup:

looking good, white seems to be on the comeback in the last few years and in my own opinion , i think most cars suit white (biased) as ive had a few white vans , rover 827si 24 valve (honda engine) and a volvo s40

only downside is being mistaken for police ! then again the rover 827 si WAS an ex strathcylde police traffic car

was great fun heading home from the stockcar racing over at cowdenbeath racewall , the car still had the two small square cut-outs on the centre grill where the blue lights used to be , i could cruise along the outside lane and anyone that looked in their mirror and glimpsed the front grill quickly moved over !!! :)

....How come you didn't get an estate version like you had b4 mate. :thumbsup:

Now there lies a little story and it goes like this....

At the end of July I decided to change the tourer I had for a newer car. So into the salesroom I go and the dealer gave me a nice offer that was good and I accepted it. So the order was.... 2011 1.8 T4 Tourer automatic in White.

The dealer kept me updated as to what was happening and told me there was a 2 week delay, no idea why, so I should get it during the middle of this month and he predicted the 13th October. So on the 13th I called him and I was told that he was outside checking the transporter. Good I thought the car is there on time :)

As I was driving home after work my phone went and it was the dealer.... the call went like this:

Me - Hi there

Dealer - Hi Steve your car is here but there is a problem

Me - OK so what is the problem?

Dealer - The car is shorter than it should be

Me - Oh right, so is it damaged then?

Dealer - No it is fine but simply shorter

Me - Well what is the problem then?

Dealer - Toyota have sent a saloon instead of a tourer

Me - Oh right

Dealer - The problem is ours, so would you like to come in to chat about it?

Me - OK I'll be there is 20 minutes

Well the upshot is that there was a huge cock up somewhere and the dealer held up his hands and said sorry. He asked me to look around the car to see if I liked it, I did that and yes I do like it. The dealer offered a good package so I signed on the dotted line and hence I have a saloon instead of a tourer. I am far from upset as I simply made a 'like for like' order without giving it a great deal of thought. Regardless of having the big bit at the back missing I am happy with the situation :yes: The bonus is that it will be a little easier to park as it is shorter and may give a slightly better mpg given that the saloon is lighter. The other bonus is that it is over £1000 cheaper.

The dealer was so embarassed he could not stop shaking my hand and saying thank you, well how can I get upset? :huh: After all it really is only a car :rolleyes:

Remembering the phone call and the looks on their faces when I arrived at the showroom still puts a smile on my face :D

....How come you didn't get an estate version like you had b4 mate. :thumbsup:

Now there lies a little story and it goes like this....

At the end of July I decided to change the tourer I had for a newer car. So into the salesroom I go and the dealer gave me a nice offer that was good and I accepted it. So the order was.... 2011 1.8 T4 Tourer automatic in White.

The dealer kept me updated as to what was happening and told me there was a 2 week delay, no idea why, so I should get it during the middle of this month and he predicted the 13th October. So on the 13th I called him and I was told that he was outside checking the transporter. Good I thought the car is there on time :)

As I was driving home after work my phone went and it was the dealer.... the call went like this:

Me - Hi there

Dealer - Hi Steve your car is here but there is a problem

Me - OK so what is the problem?

Dealer - The car is shorter than it should be

Me - Oh right, so is it damaged then?

Dealer - No it is fine but simply shorter

Me - Well what is the problem then?

Dealer - Toyota have sent a saloon instead of a tourer

Me - Oh right

Dealer - The problem is ours, so would you like to come in to chat about it?

Me - OK I'll be there is 20 minutes

Well the upshot is that there was a huge ***** up somewhere and the dealer held up his hands and said sorry. He asked me to look around the car to see if I liked it, I did that and yes I do like it. The dealer offered a good package so I signed on the dotted line and hence I have a saloon instead of a tourer. I am far from upset as I simply made a 'like for like' order without giving it a great deal of thought. Regardless of having the big bit at the back missing I am happy with the situation :yes: The bonus is that it will be a little easier to park as it is shorter and may give a slightly better mpg given that the saloon is lighter. The other bonus is that it is over £1000 cheaper.

The dealer was so embarassed he could not stop shaking my hand and saying thank you, well how can I get upset? :huh: After all it really is only a car :rolleyes:

Remembering the phone call and the looks on their faces when I arrived at the showroom still puts a smile on my face :D

Nice one mate. Good that the dealer held up there hands and came up trumps for you. Glad that you enjoy the car as it looks like a right nice ride. :thumbsup:

"Dealer - No it is fine but simply shorter"

Lol - made me laugh. Guy must have been dreading making that call but seems he dealt with it well.

Car looks lovely and very nice in white.

Best of luck with the new car, these look even better in the flesh.

Red diesel

Just an additional photo to show you what it looks like with the silver finish trims along the doors, around the fog lights and the number plate area.

Current041.jpg

EDIT..... I wish to credit this bling to the King of parts..... please see the following post :thumbsup:

Can't see the "Supplied by King Bling" stickers on any of those photo's Steve :D: :D: :D:

Blingo :thumbsup:

Congrats mate! What a lovley car, and colour suits it.

I liked the way he said 'but its shorter'

Enjoy the ride.

Hi Steve, very nice motor mate.

I'm also liking the white paintwork on a few different models of cars these days :yes:.

I will be keeping my eye open for you when you join the cast of ... "The Only Way Is Essex" ... filmed in the capital of Bling :D.

Regards Pete.

Hi Steve, very nice motor mate.

I'm also liking the white paintwork on a few different models of cars these days :yes:.

I will be keeping my eye open for you when you join the cast of ... "The Only Way Is Essex" ... filmed in the capital of Bling :D.

Regards Pete.

I'll be there :thumbsup: .... cruising up Brentwood High Street B):driving: .... :lol:

• 7 months later...

hi like the chrome door finnisher will it fit a 10 plate tourer ? if it does where can i get my mitts on a pair ?

cheers

what's the "real" MPG,i'm looking at changing for an auto and seem the mpg may not that diffrent from a diesel auto but without all egr,head,scr valve, etc problems,you can get year old at a good saving from new,my car has to be white and there is a few white auto petrol cars about,cheers