Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would An Automatic Rav Be Less Capable ?

CharlieFarlie

Despite My previous rantings about the Rav SR not being available with a sunroof and it looking like I may well be catering with those requirements in the replacement for the Jag I am looking at this rather nice SR.

Question . Will the auto equipped car handle bad weather like snow as well as a manual car ?? Also how would it cope with towing ?? I've had lots of autos and love them !! Plus it will be easier for the Wife......

The car Im looking at.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422695961/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/12000/price-to/50000/model/rav4/make/toyota/page/2/postcode/wr40ef/radius/1501/keywords/sr?logcode=p

Wee Charlie.

PS the existing car (Rav)will be going south to My Son !!

Whilst mine is not even on the same planet as that drool inducing motor I did not have any trouble in the snow with my auto.That is all I can say really,except I think your good lady deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid after all she has gone through and wish her as speedy as possible recovery.

Del

Del My Wife's condition is not recoverable and is degenerate ... I just cant help it I love changing cars !! Ive had a few ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Del My Wife's condition is not recoverable and is degenerate ... I just cant help it I love changing cars !! Ive had a few ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Charlie,

Then I fully understand what she is going through as my wife is so affected.

I should have said that I hope her stay in hospital gave her some relief, however temporary.

Del

I had a car with an automatic gearbox (Mitsubishi Shogun 4x4)

I used it loads of times in snow and rain(in the Highlands)and I think it's much better than the manual ones, because it reacts much faster in the situation given.

When you slid in snow, you don't need to be extra careful about the right gear. That white car is nice by the way, it would be nice for me to own one of those. :yes:

Charlie

Its a pukka 6 speed auto that is delightfully smooth. It will certainly not be any less capable in the snow and may even be better. It also has downhill assist and the traction control can be turned off with the push of a button.

That isn't just white either it is a £600 pearl white - you should go and try it.

diesel (read torque) and autoboxes are a perfect marriage :thumbsup:

when you use it for towing you get a :D from side to side as you can crawl very slowly back wards when you want to connect the trailer to the car!

Charlie

Its a pukka 6 speed auto that is delightfully smooth. It will certainly not be any less capable in the snow and may even be better. It also has downhill assist and the traction control can be turned off with the push of a button.

That isn't just white either it is a £600 pearl white - you should go and try it.

Don My Neighbour has the exact car in black and I drove it before buying My manual T180.. So I don't actually need to travel to test drive.

What I do when buying at distance is to get a full and accurate description of the car then agree terms then arrive and drive away..

I will get the deal with the Jag sorted first and if that happens then We will not have an automatic so its part of the deal with the Wife. If the Jag with its auto trans goes I swap the Rav ASAP. My son has said He would like the T180 so no problems there..

Pearl white ................. Thats not a plus for Me Mate. Because any minor damage that might occur can be a nightmare to fix cos of the difficulty matching those very complex paints !!! I had an Electric Orange ST when they first came out and remember the problems trying to get a scuff some charlie arsterd left Me in a car park .........

Do all the SR versions have those smoke grey alloys ?? They are nowhere near as nice as the bright silver ones but I could get them re furbed .....

Picture131.jpg

Wee Charlie.

Our Toyota dealer on island has a Pearlesant white one for sale just like that in XTR guise,it looks absolutley stunning.I can see where you coming from with the paint though Charlie. hard one to match.

Would give my right arm for that Rav though Charlie!!!!

Regards Clare

Despite My previous rantings about the Rav SR not being available with a sunroof and it looking like I may well be catering with those requirements in the replacement for the Jag I am looking at this rather nice SR.

Question . Will the auto equipped car handle bad weather like snow as well as a manual car ?? Also how would it cope with towing ?? I've had lots of autos and love them !! Plus it will be easier for the Wife......

The car Im looking at.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422695961/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/12000/price-to/50000/model/rav4/make/toyota/page/2/postcode/wr40ef/radius/1501/keywords/sr?logcode=p

Wee Charlie.

PS the existing car (Rav)will be going south to My Son !!

Hi Charlie, I had the 2007 T180 which I treated in last September for a new SR and all I can say is I'm highly delighted with it. I really tested it last year in the snow and it was very good if not better than the T 180. It is very smooth on acceleration,, and you can even leave from the automatic and, select manual shift or use the paddle shift to change gears. The sat nav screen is also you reversing camera. The radio/CD player also has a hard drive which you can transfer music from your CD to your hard drive (about 200 songs) or you can make up mp3/WMA discs on your computer which can play anything up to 10 hours. With traction control and downhill desent control available with the press of a button. The bluetooth and voice recognition control is far superior to the T180. The MPG is slightly down on the T180 but you expect that any way with an automatic. Also, you are rid of the runflat tyres. So all together I'm pretty pleased that I changed to the SR. If you want a trial run in my car I only say about 10 miles from you in Kelty. John

Linnk now not working.... car been sold??

Possibly... I rang that Dealer and asked for a cash price. Straight forward bank transfer with no PX. Answer ? I will ring You back. Never got that call.............. :

Wee Charlie

I can probably get you a sizeable discount on a branny if you like.

Don. Without trading in and with the upcoming new car and the fact that I use My own money and will not take finance means 25K is the maximum budget for now at least. Thanks.

As above its very likely indeed that My Boy will take the T180. While that makes things simple it also means bank of Dad will sell the car for a nominal ammount.. Cheeky sod has requested I fit a Kingo chip to it before He has it !!................ :crybaby:

Wee Charlie.

I believe I could get you a brand new one for 25k in solid black but you might have to pay a bit more for a standard pearl (not that white pearl).

I believe I could get you a brand new one for 25k in solid black but you might have to pay a bit more for a standard pearl (not that white pearl).

Don. The car in the link had all the extras like steps A bars. Premium Navigation ect ect.. Are You saying its possible to get to the spec for 25K ??

Silver or solid white would be My favoured choice of colours as they stay looking clean longer. Black is not a colour that I would choose ... My Dark Blue Mica is as dark as I would go and I only took a car that dark as the decision was based on its very good spec low miles and very important to Me condition..

Thanks Mate. I missed this post for some reason ,,,,, :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

I believe it comes with premium satnav but bars and things are extra. The price is for a solid colour and I might get a bit off silver but generally you are looking at £450 for pearl or £650 for pearl white.

There is something nice about new - nobody else has touched it except you.

'sup to you!!!

Don. Without trading in and with the upcoming new car and the fact that I use My own money and will not take finance means 25K is the maximum budget for now at least. Thanks.

As above its very likely indeed that My Boy will take the T180. While that makes things simple it also means bank of Dad will sell the car for a nominal ammount.. Cheeky sod has requested I fit a Kingo chip to it before He has it !!................ :crybaby:

Wee Charlie.

Charlie....if you are going to sell said vehicle to your son for a "nominal amount", and possibly fit a Kingo Chippo Kitto prior to selling it, I hereby accuse you on open forum of having had an affair with Ma Mammy, and I am the result of this fling, older than your other son, ma wee English stepbrother....so I get first dibs.

Please make sure it is machine polished and two coats of Colly prior to delivery.....you can put my new Lidl roof bars on eBay....won't use them.

Your Loving Son,

Big Kev :yahoo:

Kev. Just cos the Wee Lad wants said box fitted doesn't mean He is getting it !!!.

Don. First things first.. I am at this time negotiating the deal on the other car. This is becoming complicated... If The Jag goes that will mean I will definitely be buying another automatic vehicle and its 99.9% going to be an SR Rav.

You are right though its nice to have a brand new car...

I will give You a ring at the weekend if that's OK ? Perhaps You could PM Me a time that suits as I dont want to take up to much of Your time or ring when You are at work or busy.

Thanks.

Wee Charlie.

Mr Webs and Wee Charles

I have two T180 kits going cheaper than new. They have been on demo cars for a few months. I can send them out and "try before you buy" if you want to give them a whirl, will save you a lump if you buy as well ;) Available within the next few days

Charity King :thumbsup:

Mr Webs and Wee Charles

I have two T180 kits going cheaper than new. They have been on demo cars for a few months. I can send them out and "try before you buy" if you want to give them a whirl, will save you a lump if you buy as well ;) Available within the next few days

Dear Charity Worker,

Webs does not have a T180, and here are you, our trusted Guru of Bits, trying to sell him something (in aid of charity, of course...) that may not be suitable for his moatir.

On the other haun, if my '180 kit is indeed interchangeable with his vehicle, he could try mine before he buys,.... in his car, only if reassurance reaches my ears / eyes that such interchanging would not be to the detrimentation of my unit....?

Big Nicer Than You Kev :unsure:

Oh Knowledgeable one of Glesga!

Mr Webs has just pointed that out to me in PM, sorry, I had my guru eye off the ball there. sadly the T180 kit is not interchangeable :crybaby:

Daft King :thumbsup:

Oh Knowledgeable one of Glesga!

Mr Webs has just pointed that out to me in PM, sorry, I had my guru eye off the ball there. sadly the T180 kit is not interchangeable :crybaby:

Daft King :thumbsup:

:yahoo: ....dae you realise how long ah have waited just to be RIGHT for once....? :lol:

Mr Webs and Wee Charles

Depends on the size of the lump ..... :D I don't know if I'm coming or going vehicle wise at the moment....

If Wee Craig has the car I know he would like box fitted but only for the power. His annual mileage is very low so He would be an eternity recouping the cost in fuel savings..

I assume John that the wee boxes would carry a full guarantee ??

Wee Charlie.

I assume John that the wee boxes would carry a full guarantee ??

Indeed, 2 years, cannot guarantee golf balls tho :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links