Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would An Automatic Rav Be Less Capable ?

CharlieFarlie

Super K.. Follow these instruction very carefully and all be ok...

1. Open a brand new chip kit for a 136bhp D4D

2. Install it into one of your T180s

3. Suddenly discover it was the wrong one and remove from said T180

4. Post to me to try-before-you-buy

5. Sell to me as second hand...

:yahoo:

With regards to the initial question, and without considering anything technical etc. Having driven an X5, a Mits Shogun and a Grand Cherokee last year in horrendous snow, all with an auto gearbox, i dont think having a manual gearbox would make a vehicle any more capable. If it did, it would be marginal as i had no issues whatsoever with an auto.

My ol' Cherokee was an auto and it performed great in mud, snow and sand. It's much easier to pull away on a loose surface when you can just ease of the brake pedal and creep forward. Auto's are a bit more thirsty, but then I never bought a 4 litre Jeep for it's efficiency ;)

For town use and stop starting in traffic, nothing beats an auto..

I believe I could get you a brand new one for 25k in solid black but you might have to pay a bit more for a standard pearl (not that white pearl).

Don. The car in the link had all the extras like steps A bars. Premium Navigation ect ect.. Are You saying its possible to get to the spec for 25K ??

Silver or solid white would be My favoured choice of colours as they stay looking clean longer. Black is not a colour that I would choose ... My Dark Blue Mica is as dark as I would go and I only took a car that dark as the decision was based on its very good spec low miles and very important to Me condition..

Thanks Mate. I missed this post for some reason ,,,,, :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Agree about silver & white. Have had/have both and they are by far the easiest to keep tidy & look presentable more of the time. I've had two Astral Black Toyotas, a D4D RAV-4 Granite & a LC4 and they were both absolute barstewards to keep tidy. I don't know whether it was the Supagard which both had or not but I will never have a black vehicle again (unless I will the lottery and can afford a "man" to wash it everyday). Having said that I currently have a Forest Green 3-dr and it needs washing much more often than our silver VX.

That white RAV is the dog's. You really should go for it.

Good luck.

That is without doubt.......a cunning stunt (just checked the typing before posting) :naughty:

I'm sorry guys but I have to disagree. White cars are awful. Police and can drivers buy white vehicles not normal people.

On the flip side I look these days and see loads of white cars and secretly (although not anymore cos I'm saying it on here) am glad that one day only the police will want a white car and I will be be able to buy a top spec car at a rediculously low price!!! :yahoo:

Whatever floats yer boat tho!!

That is without doubt.......a cunning stunt (just checked the typing before posting) :naughty:

Easy tiger... ;)

Wee update... The deal on the proposed new car has not happened due to the car not passing a close inspection by a very good engineer ..So the Jag is staying for now.... As this fills the requirement for the Wife's very occasional need of an Automatic ( On bad days She cant cope with the clutch on the Rav. On good days She can ) The purchase of a new or nearly new SR will go onto the back burner..

Sadly though I feel the day is approaching where the Wee Wifey as they are called in Scotlandshire will need an automatic full time. Till then I / We will continue to enjoy the Jag.......

020.jpg

Wee Charlie.

I'm sorry guys but I have to disagree. White cars are awful. Police and can drivers buy white vehicles not normal people.

On the flip side I look these days and see loads of white cars and secretly (although not anymore cos I'm saying it on here) am glad that one day only the police will want a white car and I will be be able to buy a top spec car at a rediculously low price!!! :yahoo:

Dave, I think you'll find that a majority of police forces buy silver cars now as they tend to get better residuals - also it was getting too difficult to move the whites as most people assumed they were ex-plod!! Logically silvers may go the same way in time???

To me, white = chav.

To me, white = chav.

Why ?? I like white !! It would go with Me burberry baseball cap dude............... :yahoo:

Haw right man. Pure magic by ra way.

Bin man no been man....?

Chav Kev :yahoo: (What the blazes is a Chav...?)

Haw right man. Pure magic by ra way.

Bin man no been man....?

Chav Kev :yahoo: (What the blazes is a Chav...?)

My link

Got to be an Eastern European Gypsy camp

Regards Clare

Wee update... The deal on the proposed new car has not happened due to the car not passing a close inspection by a very good engineer ..So the Jag is staying for now.... As this fills the requirement for the Wife's very occasional need of an Automatic ( On bad days She cant cope with the clutch on the Rav. On good days She can ) The purchase of a new or nearly new SR will go onto the back burner..

Sadly though I feel the day is approaching where the Wee Wifey as they are called in Scotlandshire will need an automatic full time. Till then I / We will continue to enjoy the Jag.......

020.jpg

Wee Charlie.

My brother-in-law has a Jag XF and I think it is a superb car - it cleans up very well and is a real mile cruncher.

I drove what is mainly my wife's RAV over the weekend for 300 miles and was surprised how heavy/springy the clutch was. My last two cars have been automatics and I think I will get another one when I retire and we go down to one car. Luckily mt wife seems to think the clutch on the RAV is ok and lighter than on her previous Auris!

As for colours, I had a black landcruiser that was impossible to keep clean for more than a day and due to soft paint showed up white scratches far too readily. I also had a black Subaru SpecB which had a much better metallic black paint finish and looked stunning when clean but again didn't last long. My "baby" Aygo is Red (which I like but most owners seem to be going for white)and I have put a Gtecniq protective coating on and it looks good and stays clean so far - but it is only a few weeks old!

David

020.jpg

Wee Charlie.

My brother-in-law has a Jag XF and I think it is a superb car - it cleans up very well and is a real mile cruncher.

I drove what is mainly my wife's RAV over the weekend for 300 miles and was surprised how heavy/springy the clutch was. My last two cars have been automatics and I think I will get another one when I retire and we go down to one car. Luckily mt wife seems to think the clutch on the RAV is ok and lighter than on her previous Auris!

As for colours, I had a black landcruiser that was impossible to keep clean for more than a day and due to soft paint showed up white scratches far too readily. I also had a black Subaru SpecB which had a much better metallic black paint finish and looked stunning when clean but again didn't last long. My "baby" Aygo is Red (which I like but most owners seem to be going for white)and I have put a Gtecniq protective coating on and it looks good and stays clean so far - but it is only a few weeks old!

David

David, My XF is the S model which punches out 275 BHP and 600 NM of torque standard.

My one has a Spires Remap which takes it too 315 BHP and 710 NM of torque. So its not too slow. It uses less fuel than the Rav as well so long as I leave the lead boots at home ....

Wee Charlie.

Dave, I think you'll find that a majority of police forces buy silver cars now as they tend to get better residuals - also it was getting too difficult to move the whites as most people assumed they were ex-plod!! Logically silvers may go the same way in time???

White IS the new silver, residuals on white cars are now very high, particularly anything in pearlescent white. Our buyer could sell pearl white cars all day long if he had them

Kingo :thumbsup:

David, My XF is the S model which punches out 275 BHP and 600 NM of torque standard.

My one has a Spires Remap which takes it too 315 BHP and 710 NM of torque. So its not too slow. It uses less fuel than the Rav as well so long as I leave the lead boots at home ....

Wee Charlie.

Gosh, that does sound quick. Brother-in-law has a 3 litre diesel in a "nice" spec but don't think it is the S model - his is very quick so goodness knows what yours must be like! I know he has driven various 5 litre Jaguars at their race track and enjoyed himself! I wouldn't be surprised if he bought a faster one in a couple of years - lovely looking cars.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links