Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trd Air Filter

bodrobot

Hey, just wondering if anyone on here has the TRD panel air filter, have seen it on Fensport and was wanted to know if its worth getting, car is LOUD enough already so i don't want any more noise just maybe a slight increase in the whine possibly...

Trd panel filters are just the white Denso filters painted red. Get a blitz instead.

With another £50 added on! Cheeky! Are blitz the best money can get then? I am only thinking panel filter as i am not a big fan of the cone filters and with previous cars i have noticed no difference other than noise! However i have never bought the full kit such as pipercross viper tho...

it's what I went with, have tried several others on other toyotas.

It's not an oiled filter so maintenance free, it's has a rubber seal around the edge, and is probably one of the cheapest decent branded out there.

I did have an Apexi cone, it did make a fair bit of difference top end, but when it got hot, was noisy and boggy in traffic.

I then returned it to the blitz panel filter and standard airbox, which is the best compromise.

maybe i'll look at a new air feed eventually.

K&N on both my Avensis T-180 and my Polo TDi. :thumbsup:

Got a Blitz panel filter on mine.

Yeah, would defo recommend it!

Compressor's sound amazing with open cones

When u say this do u mean loud? As with my exhaust i personally already think it sound amazing a low grumble until you hit the lift. I really don't want anymore noise just the whine!!!

I have driven a coulpe of compressors with the standard exhausts and they sound s**t compared to mine :)

Another perfect opportunity to show illgryphon's comp getting mopped by Luke :P

He's got a blitz sus btw

Blutto's compressor's has exceptional whine and he's got a powertec kit

Hey all, just though i'd let you all know that despite what i said about going for a blitz i decided to cough up the £90 for the TRD panel filter. Just to confirm it is NOT a denso one painted red!! Recieved it last night from Fensport (ordered on Sunday!) and will be putting it in today.

At the moment i have a OE denso filter, am not sure if there will be any diffrence but will let you know :)

Pics!, they fobbed older corolla and yaris's off with painting the denso one red.

I guess it's an oiled type filter like the k&n?

fensport pics show the red one:

THIS RED ONE?

i would have gone with THIS

Well the pic would be exactly as shown on the fensport. It's curved rather than straight bits if that makes sense. I've not heard of these green cottons, are they any good?

Well i do feel like a bit of a mug now, they are very very similar (TRD and Denso) so i apologise to you minidoughty as you may be right! It feels different (i.e slighty more fluffy) but that is probably because its new and the old filter isn't! Hopefully it is just the same design with a different material. I haven't fired her up or anything so don't know about any difference in sound but am not optismistic about the results now.

I took off my denso a few days ago and thought it was more like the green cotton one minidoughty mentioned!

At least i have a nice TRD sticker now :(

Should really learn to LISTEN!!!!!!!!

:censor: :censor: :censor:

yeah, this was only going from actual experience of the TRD filter on my previous yaris.

Compared to the standard denso filter the TRD filter does have a higher airflow rate (i guess the material/weave), but probably not as much as the other filters.

Not all is lost, just a leason learnt.

Yeah you are right. Once i installed it i got hold of fensport and they explained to me the difference which is basically the material is different for the TRD filter compared to the Denso one and as you said it lets more air through without compromising filtration.

So basically a wee bit more power.

This is a link to the product desciption from TRD http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_airfilter.html