Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty Work

L22KMD

Just thought I would compile a list of work since getting car in feb11

1,clutch release bearing.

2,2 new roof gutter grime.

3,2 new rear light clusters.

4,2new seals for vents in boot.

5,2 new seals for light cluster.

6,new wheel nuts all round.

7,new nearside headlights.

8,2 new rear light seals again.

9, new front discs.

10, new front pads.

All items under replaced under warranty since Feb11. Getting fed up now...................

So come on Mr T start getting it right or you will be paying for my days off work in future.

9, new front discs.

10, new front pads.

All items under replaced under warranty since Feb11. Getting fed up now...................

So come on Mr T start getting it right or you will be paying for my days off work in future.

Useful if you would add year & mileage to the post

Oops 16000 miles,the discs were all scores and beyond scimming,so Mr T decided to replace.

wow, they really don't make them like they used too!!

[quote wow, they really don't make them like they used too!!

Don't know - my Auris TR was two years old on the 12th October. The passenger side cupholder (which broke whilst we were on holiday during the first two weeks in October) is being repaired under warranty on Wednesday, and is the only warranty issue I've had in the two years.

9, new front discs.

10, new front pads.

What was the reason for the clutch bearing being replaced?

Crasstoe,the release bearing was chattering away like an old tractor,you would here it sitting at idle with the clutch pedal up.

Funny I have the same thing and they said I was going mad... I wonder how much they cost to get replaced?!

I took mine in for its service on Monday 24/10/2011 where I had 2 new alloys fitted under warranty. I had alrady had a full set of new wheel nuts under warranty also, both due to rust.

I also had my service done and they said that my my brakes had worn only 15% on the front and 50% on the back. I didnt understand it as I thought that the car broke 70% force on the front and 30% on the back and the car has'nt even done 18000 miles.

I queried this with the service desk who went to ask the technician just incase he had got them mixed up but he said no that was right and he had fully checked the car over and nothing was wrong. The brakes were not ceased and all he said was he thought someone had driven the car with the handbrake on.

I assured him that the car had never been driven with the handbrake on as a !Removed! great red light on the dash would tell me the handbrake was on.

He did asure me it was all free now which would infur that the brakes were not free before. I think Mr T had caught it just in time and by catching it early thay could aportion the adverse wear as human error. You got me this time Mr T but I will be popping in every month just for you to check them over, as your service desk pointed out, every safty check is free and we will see who gets p'ed off first.

Iam just Fed up with the amount of visits to the garage and having to take time off work,especially coming from a Renault that gave me 6 years hassle free motoring.?????????

I took mine in for its service on Monday 24/10/2011 where I had 2 new alloys fitted under warranty. I had alrady had a full set of new wheel nuts under warranty also, both due to rust.

I also had my service done and they said that my my brakes had worn only 15% on the front and 50% on the back. I didnt understand it as I thought that the car broke 70% force on the front and 30% on the back and the car has'nt even done 18000 miles.

I queried this with the service desk who went to ask the technician just incase he had got them mixed up but he said no that was right and he had fully checked the car over and nothing was wrong. The brakes were not ceased and all he said was he thought someone had driven the car with the handbrake on.

I assured him that the car had never been driven with the handbrake on as a !Removed! great red light on the dash would tell me the handbrake was on.

He did asure me it was all free now which would infur that the brakes were not free before. I think Mr T had caught it just in time and by catching it early thay could aportion the adverse wear as human error. You got me this time Mr T but I will be popping in every month just for you to check them over, as your service desk pointed out, every safty check is free and we will see who gets p'ed off first.

Keep a close eye on them. My rears are badly worn and need replacing soon. I've only covered 30k!

Iam just Fed up with the amount of visits to the garage and having to take time off work,especially coming from a Renault that gave me 6 years hassle free motoring.?????????

I fully understand your point. I have lost countles days with my Auris due to garage visits. It is a chain of failures.

Guys as of today ive put a complaint to toyota gb about the amount of items going wrong on the car and the time off work to have it rectified,as it happens i cant fault the guys at the local toyota garage as its never a problem when you go in with another problem,however it shoulnt be happening,really thinking about cutting my losses and changing marque.........

After e-mailing T.G.B i got a reply yesterday to put it bluntly we are fixing everything under warranty what else do you want,i think on average of 2 visits a month over last 6 months is a bit of a P_ss take,as of today theres signs of a build up of moisture in rear clusters again,starting to think these cars are utter junk.its not just on this forum people are complaining theres people all over the place moaning about pathetic build quality.

After e-mailing T.G.B i got a reply yesterday to put it bluntly we are fixing everything under warranty what else do you want,i think on average of 2 visits a month over last 6 months is a bit of a P_ss take,as of today theres signs of a build up of moisture in rear clusters again,starting to think these cars are utter junk.its not just on this forum people are complaining theres people all over the place moaning about pathetic build quality.

All my brake discs were reported as needing replaced (under minimum thickness) at 30,000 mile service, Toyota refused to replace under warranty despite the pads being originals and only half worn, quoting wear and tear.

I've just had the whole steering column replaced, both front wheel bearings replaced, boot vent seals, rear lights gaskets and boot seal replaced under warranty at 38,000 miles .... my warranty expires today!

I like the car, it does what I need pretty well, but it has had more warranty issues than any car I've had previously, it wouldn't have passed an MOT test at 3 years old and 38,000 miles without most of the above work being done. Decent car with many good qualities spoiled by these issues.

The question now that the warranty has expired is .... do I keep it or get rid!

I'd buy another Toyota, but the reputation for reliability won't likely be a consideration in my decision as it was when I got the Auris.

All my brake discs were reported as needing replaced (under minimum thickness) at 30,000 mile service,

On the face of it that sounds a bit worrying.

Did T. indicate that this was the normal life to be expected from a disc? (Pads to outlive a disc???)

Did you purchase the car from new?

In view of your experience did you consider buying an extended warranty?

It would be interesting to hear other owners experience of brake disc change mileage

On the topic of discs and pads mine were replaced at 16000,which just goes to show that they are using cheap inferior materials/products etc,never again will I buy Toyota.

All my brake discs were reported as needing replaced (under minimum thickness) at 30,000 mile service,

On the face of it that sounds a bit worrying.

Did T. indicate that this was the normal life to be expected from a disc? (Pads to outlive a disc???)

Did you purchase the car from new?

In view of your experience did you consider buying an extended warranty?

It would be interesting to hear other owners experience of brake disc change mileage

Dealer did agree that the service life did seem short and pad wear would indicate non abusive use and offered a small discount on the quoted £600 repair bill, but would not replace under warranty. I eventually just did the job myself at a total cost of £182.25 including buying a re-wind tool, and took about 3 hours to do the lot.

Yes I bought the car brand new.

I did consider taking out an extended warranty, but have not done so, I'll take the gamble nothing else big will go wrong in the next year. I tend not to sweat the small stuff.

But in this instance an extended warranty would have been worthless as they deemed this, a quite predictable "cop out", to be wear and tear. :)

These cars are overpriced tat,they are only kept going by a reputation they had years ago.

These cars are overpriced tat,they are only kept going by a reputation they had years ago.

I appreciate you have had a bad experience with your brake pads, but I think to label every Toyota as overpriced tat is a bit too strong. No matter what brand of any product you buy there will always be some customers, doesn't mean the whold brand is rubbish. I would also disagree with you saying that Toyota is only kept going by a reputation they had years ago, as when I bought my first Toyota around 7 years ago, the choice was not based on reputation as at that time I did not think of reputation of cars. I liked the look of it, took it out for a test drive and thought it was a lovely car so I bought it. That decision was not made on the basis of reputation. It was my first Toyota as I fancied a change and now I wouldn't have anything else.

I've got my 2nd Toyota now, and when its due a change I'll be getting the new Yaris.

Edited by Lorna2

I appreciate you have had a bad experience with your brake pads, but I think to label every Toyota as overpriced tat is a bit too strong. No matter what brand of any product you buy there will always be some customers, doesn't mean the whold brand is rubbish. I would also disagree with you saying that Toyota is only kept going by a reputation they had years ago, as when I bought my first Toyota around 7 years ago, the choice was not based on reputation as at that time I did not think of reputation of cars. I liked the look of it, took it out for a test drive and thought it was a lovely car so I bought it. That decision was not made on the basis of reputation. It was my first Toyota as I fancied a change and now I wouldn't have anything else.

I fully agree with Lorna. No matter what car one buys, there are going to be some cars which have more problems than others. Since 1987 we have bought 15 cars from new - 6 Nissans (Micras, a Sunny and two Primeras), two Hondas (Concerto and Civic), three Mazdas (323, Premacy and 2), and four Toyotas (three Corollas [1996, 1998, and 2006] and an Auris). The number of warranty issues on the worst of these cars has been two (on the 2007 Mazda 2 that we still have). Of the three Corollas, the 1996 and 1998 cars had no warranty issues. The 2006 Corolla had the tailgate struts replaced after two and a half years, due to some water ingress on the offside strut. In the two years we have had the Auris, the only warranty issue has been a broken cupholder - which happened last month whilst we were on holiday.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links