Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Update On Tapping Noise

borodaz

Garage have just phoned to say my cam and 1 of my rockers is worn and thus making a tapping sound, I'm happy that is the end of it , bit of a shock at the price but needs to be done, hopefully have my car back Monday/Tuesday

how much they quoted? mine was inlet

I got my mate a totota mechanic to do mine.. was about 4 hours work roughly. with parts I payed £380... not a bad price really mate as your taking it a garage

ah ok , my rocker was'nt broken like yours, it was just worn as well as the cam, would them being worn still make a tapping sound ?

yeah, the rocker mite be stuck open in the lift position. my cam was really worn after the rocker broke... id say you should invest in a magnetic oil sump plug... as your cam is worn you will find you got some very fine shavings of cam lobe in

Magnetic oil sump plug ? Is they such a thing ? Lol where can I source one of these and are they expensive ?

Well garage have phoned and my car is ready to be picked up so that means the tapping was a result of a worn cam and rocker,

I've missed lift , will I have to take it easy and wear the cam in or should the car be good to go into lift ?

690 in total , new cam and rockers, oil flush + new oil and oil filter , so wasn't too bad in the end although my wallet ain't looking as good and that money could have sorted Xmas pressies , cars eh ? Ha

Ouch that's a massive dent. You will find that investing in the tools you need as you need them over time is cheaper than getting the garage to do it.

The Magnetic Sump Plug is a very good idea and I'm trying to find one! :lol:

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links