Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo Go! - Petrol /fuel Light Query

rabbitmumu

Hello All..

We have got our Aygo Go! and are very happy about it so far. Probably I will have more questions to come but at this stage I can't find anything related to the the low fuel light and wonder if anyone can help please?

Does anyone know roughly how many litres are left when the low fuel light is on please? In our old car there were 5 blobs + 5 Litres of low fuel making it around 5 litres for each blob (30L tank). Obviously I want to monitor the consumptions and mpg etc etc so if anyone has more info we would be very grateful.

Many thanks

for goodness sake don't go by the blobs!!!

first blob goes around 100-110 miles

second around 180

third around 220

fourth around 300

the tank is not evenly shaped!

you will have bugg*r all left when the last blob starts flashing....

for your own peace of mind fill up at the least when the last but one blob goes!

make a note of how much you put in, what the odometer reading is and put it on fuelly or your own spreadsheet to get the consumption!

for goodness sake don't go by the blobs!!!

first blob goes around 100-110 miles

second around 180

third around 220

fourth around 300

the tank is not evenly shaped!

you will have bugg*r all left when the last blob starts flashing....

for your own peace of mind fill up at the least when the last but one blob goes!

make a note of how much you put in, what the odometer reading is and put it on fuelly or your own spreadsheet to get the consumption!

Agreed! Use fuelly like below...

Early days for me but I will always fill up on two or three blobs :thumbsup:

David

when it flashes fill up. when it flashes real fast, you don'thave far at all, maybe a couple of miles.

week one of aygo ownership, i found this out when i parked outside a very busy bar in london when the aygo fist came out and t4 had it on every advert break. quite a nice crowd outside asking about it, so nice in fact that they helped push it round the corner so i could fill up :(

Thank you all... that's very helpful indeed.

week one of aygo ownership, i found this out when i parked outside a very busy bar in london when the aygo fist came out and t4 had it on every advert break. quite a nice crowd outside asking about it, so nice in fact that they helped push it round the corner so i could fill up :(

Oh dear !!!!

This is a good test, how many miles do u get with each fuel blob on the dash,

1st = 130

2nd = 230

3rd = 300

4th = 380

Sounds like we have some heavy footed drivers on this forum.

1st = 130

2nd = 230

3rd = 300

4th = 380

The fuel blobs will almost certainly vary from one car to another and is an unreliable method of comparing between owners.

As Jan&tone says

"make a note of how much you put in, what the odometer reading is and put it on fuelly or your own spreadsheet to get the consumption!"

David

1st = 130

2nd = 230

3rd = 300

4th = 380

The fuel blobs will almost certainly vary from one car to another and is an unreliable method of comparing between owners.

As Jan&tone says

"make a note of how much you put in, what the odometer reading is and put it on fuelly or your own spreadsheet to get the consumption!"

David

It also depends heavily on the type of routes you cover. Our Aygo is either short runs (wife going shopping) or me using it for work (20 mile trip on twisty 60mph country lanes) We get around 50-52 mpg from ours although we did get 81mpg from one fill when we used it on one trip on the a13-m25-m20 to folkestone -constant speeds really push up the figures, pushing it around country lanes kills the consumption!

i also only did 25 miles on the last flashing blob lol then it came to a halt on a slip road :toast: took it to the brink and never will again lol

thanks all.. i will do my best to fill up before the last blob starts flashing.. :thumbsup:

but i did a "test" and realised that the last blog started to flash when there were about 5 litres left in the tank... I still need to ask the dealer how much petrol they actually put in and then i can then see if the mpg improves overtime.

thank you all again

The consumption is around 10p a mile, 380 miles costs £37.50 at 134.9 a litre. This is mostly long straight country lanes with no lights, little traffic and higher average speeds. The C1 I had before was very similar to these figures. Good cars :-)