Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Must See Barn Full Of Toyota's

ra28gt

Well lads a little bit of an update on the celica I pulled out of the barn a year or so................... My plans are to do a full nut and bolt restoration on the car and over the past few months have been slowly stripping the car down to the Shell.

(link)

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cg....d=108471&page=1

My intentions are to get the car looking as though it has just been rolled out of the factory..................yep I thought this was the one to make my dreams come true..........at last.

Tireless nights and days were spent on the internet. phone and mail looking for parts around the globe and sourced new seals carpets and some trim from as far a field as Australia Japan,,Singapore,Malaysia,New Zealand and America.

Mechanically the car sounded great it moved up and down the gears and revved up nicely........................ I was pleased, my dad is a mechanic and he will be reconditioning and tuning the engine for me .

Gathered up all the nuts and bolts and of they went for nickel plating and chroming

This leaves me with the body to sort out and as many of you know I have set up car respray business and this is my field, so I started to get the Shell down to bare metal.

At this stage you are probably thinking why are there no PICS!!!!!.bear with me I will get them up towards the end of the thread need to gain the courage and control my adrenaline...... bear with me

Back to the car anyway the panels are all solid and the floorpans rust free HOORAY I was well chuffed, however my happiness was short lived when I got the telephone call from one of my workers saying that few of the panels have been repaired and filled

I DIDNT WANT ANY FILLER

Everything was going so well to this point and I was hoping to get the car out nearer to christmas. darn I was gutted, no chance now I thought to myself.

Days turned into nights and nights into sleepless ones I was once again on the lookout for brand new parts, searched eveywhere in Japan as I thought this was going to be my best bet,[ my uncle has an importation business and imports from china regularly and I thought if I could get one from japan I could save some costs by placing it in one of his containers} there was absolutely nothing there, searched everywhere

I could just not work on the car I wanted it to be perfect in every way and it made me almost abandon the whole project.

My luck was about to change though when I was put in touch with an old fellow who I later found out had some original toyota parts which he had collected over the years.

Maybe my luck was going to change again in my way.................and guess what it did ,

I was offered all these. Pictures speak for themselves, no more talking from now.......... enjoy

Once I got near the barn my heartbeat was beating like never before thinking all sorts what sort of cars are in there.. ;D ;D

105_3685.jpg

105_3684.jpg

105_3683.jpg

105_3682.jpg

Right here they all are 1970-80s Toyota celica's ;D ;D ;D

ENJOY

105_3677.jpg

105_3676.jpg

105_3668.jpg

105_3667.jpg

105_3664.jpg

105_3663.jpg

105_3662.jpg

105_3659.jpg

105_3658.jpg

105_3673.jpg

105_3669.jpg

105_3665.jpg

105_3673.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!!!!! That is unbelievable! What a find!! I am gobsmacked.......everything you need in one find to build the car of your dreams......jealous as ****......I think you know the word I want to use!

• 2 weeks later...

I never get why you'd have all the cars and just leave them there. Plus they must be owned by some one so surely they are stealing them.