Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs

corollat3sport

nice and quick :thumbsup:

the spring compressors are probably the most important tool for this job so i wouldn't use these eBay ones, they dont even have much of a claw to grab onto the coil! i have these ones and they were fine. you want some that wrap around the coil a bit more

compressors

people will say use 3 but its pointless if you get them on straight they wont come off. if you get any problems just post it up mate

nice and quick :thumbsup:

the spring compressors are probably the most important tool for this job so i wouldn't use these ebay ones, they dont even have much of a claw to grab onto the coil! i have these ones and they were fine. you want some that wrap around the coil a bit more

compressors

people will say use 3 but its pointless if you get them on straight they wont come off. if you get any problems just post it up mate

Thats the pair I have. good quality :)

thanks a bunch guys....so basically i should avoid the eBay ones n go for the draper ones...right that's what im going to do then yes.gif

sorry for causing all you guys hassle about lowering my ride....its cause i have never done it and im excited laugh.gif

and yeah if i do get into any trouble il be coming to you guys first aha

thanks again :D

Thats the pair I have. good quality

yeah never let me down :thumbsup:

thanks a bunch guys....so basically i should avoid the eBay ones n go for the draper ones...right that's what im going to do then

sorry for causing all you guys hassle about lowering my ride....its cause i have never done it and im excited

and yeah if i do get into any trouble il be coming to you guys first aha

thanks again

no hassle at all mate i only had 1 slight problems with the drop like nuts being seized on solid but if you spray them up with some wd and let it soak you should be ok. mine snapped my hex socket! if you cant get them off and they just keep spinning, turn them so there at an angle, lever on them with a bar so it locks the balljoint and they should come off this way

• 2 weeks later...

right i still haven't had the time to install the springs but i have a few questions (sorry guys):

after i fit the springs and get the wheels aligned again will there be any other problems when i drive?

even now i don't really attack corners and i slow down for every speed bump, i just got the springs really to make the car look better

i have heard the tires will wear away quicker and the shocks will go soon after the springs are fitted?

is this true? unsure.gif

is anyone else having problems after they have fitted any kind of lowering springs?

dont worry mate your car will be fine lol, yeah the shocks lifespan may reduce slightly as you are working them outside their recommended limits a bit and as for the tyres if you get it all aligned properly then it should be fine the main reason why people wear tyres out quicker when they lower their car is because the give it more through corners :D have lowered all my cars and never had a problem

thanks mr-p, i feel so much more relieved now as i was going to back out from lowering...i really cant afford to keep on changing my tyres...who can lol

but yeah now im more confident on we go :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, so today i woke up and started on my springs, i have took my front left shock off but the problem is that i cant get the nut off at the top, the one to let the spring out, i have compressed the spring but the top nut just spins with the rest of the shock absorber, what should i do guys?

i need the car for work tomorow aswell :(

any help will be much appreciated

right a guy across the street gave me a hand and helped me take the spring out yahoo.gif

but then another slight worry came to mind...this:

ea64b579-b837-4844-8eb0-d7753f2a73b0.jpg

as you can see the standard spring is on the right vs the new one on the left

the diameter seems a lot more smaller and the spring looks longer too so how can it make the car lower helpsmilie.gif

which way do i fit it?...well how do i fit it laugh.gif

also is it the right spring for the car? im hoping lesbirel91 can help me on this too as he bought some for his car :)

thanks in advance guys

Sorry I can't help.

Those look totally different than my tte ones.

If you are on Facebook, search luke lesbirel

thanks man

they look completely different to the stock springs :(

That looks like a rear spring do they all look like that mate? they also look progressive so the tight coils will go at the top :thumbsup:

thanks for your input mr-p but i contacted them and they even said that they sent out the wrong springs wacko.gif

also the springs that i compared were my stock front one and the aftermarket one that had "front" written on it as shown in the photo

they look too thin to even fit into the shock absorber and sit correctly

im sure when you lowered yours you had wider springs like the stock ones and they were shorter mr-p?

That looks like a rear spring do they all look like that mate? they also look progressive so the tight coils will go at the top :thumbsup:

I'll second that, the new one definitely looks like a rear coil spring.

I'll second that, the new one definitely looks like a rear coil spring.

that's what i thought too but it has written on it "front" lol

and also all of the springs are too thin to sit correctly into the shock absorbers?

and they said that they sent me out the wrong ones lol

let me see what they send me this time and i shall keep you guys updated

thanks a bunch anyway dude

Damn that's crap!

Hope you get it fixed soon!

Grtz

that would explain it lol glad its sorted mate :thumbsup: yeah they should all be like for like just a bit shorter

cheers guys, they called me up today and said that they are going to get the right ones to me Monday and take these back and guess what?....the springs that they gave me are for a.....AYGO! laugh.gif

so im just waiting at the moment

thanks guys and sorry for all the hassle and question lol

il keep you guys posted :)

lol would you believe it!

like to see the handling if you put those on.

laugh.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links