Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked Up This Little Beauty This Morning

K19NE G

My first time in an iQ and I have to say I was very impressed with the solid thud of the doors, the neat little design touches and all round I think it's a cool little car! We wanted white but when we saw the tinted windows against the red and dark shadow chrome alloys on this one we both fell in love :) We went from having a combined 4.3L of petrol engines (Focus ST3 and Yaris SR) on our drive yesterday down to just 1.0L today in a big economy drive after I sold my car and we traded the SR in!!!

Flickr

My first time in an iQ and I have to say I was very impressed with the solid thud of the doors, the neat little design touches and all round I think it's a cool little car! We wanted white but when we saw the tinted windows against the red and dark shadow chrome alloys on this one we both fell in love :) We went from having a combined 4.3L of petrol engines (Focus ST3 and Yaris SR) on our drive yesterday down to just 1.0L today in a big economy drive after I sold my car and we traded the SR in!!!

Flickr

Great colour choice if I say so myself! The red exterior goes well too with the latest darker interior trim finish.

Hope you both enjoy the IQ much as I do.

Flickr

Great colour choice if I say so myself! The red exterior goes well too with the latest darker interior trim finish.

Just fabulous John, have they changed the interior again from plum to off white and now dark again?

Flickr

Just fabulous John, have they changed the interior again from plum to off white and now dark again?

No David!

The new models with the Red exterior finish, and Decuma Grey and Deep Amethyst I believe, come with a dark lustrous brown and black interior rather than the older plum, or white which is fitted to the other new models.

Being brought up on 60s style black interiors I was very pleased my new red IQ came with the darker interior as I wasn't too keen on the white and thought I would have to have it on a new IQ, but luckily for me that is not the case.

John

Looks great Gary.........its interesting that even when one has ones is heart set on a particular colour, when the chips are down and a second/third colour choice comes along, then one is 'sold' pretty quickly

I wanted a red car, but a white one popped up with low miles and good price, and all of a sudden it looked the dogs b****cks..

in fact I have put in a couple of posts telling how little service history the car came with, despite being a T. Dealer car, but when I received the V5, the first owners complete address was there, so I wrote to her, and asked about the lack of stamped service book, or a stamped PDI from the dealer.

She replied by return of post, to say the mileage was genuine, and the car had been used, as a trailer car, behind a Motorhome, which was interesting to say the least....the car had its first service on schedule, but Mr T. didn't stamp the book, (surprise, surprise!) and it has had 3 recalls too....she has all the paperwork, and is incredibly kindly going to send it all to me, plus chase up Toy. Tamworth to find out why there is no PDI stamps.

Just shows what sort of nice people buy IQs

cheers folks BarryC.

Looks great Gary.........its interesting that even when one has ones is heart set on a particular colour, when the chips are down and a second/third colour choice comes along, then one is 'sold' pretty quickly

I wanted a red car, but a white one popped up with low miles and good price, and all of a sudden it looked the dogs b****cks..

in fact I have put in a couple of posts telling how little service history the car came with, despite being a T. Dealer car, but when I received the V5, the first owners complete address was there, so I wrote to her, and asked about the lack of stamped service book, or a stamped PDI from the dealer.

She replied by return of post, to say the mileage was genuine, and the car had been used, as a trailer car, behind a Motorhome, which was interesting to say the least....the car had its first service on schedule, but Mr T. didn't stamp the book, (surprise, surprise!) and it has had 3 recalls too....she has all the paperwork, and is incredibly kindly going to send it all to me, plus chase up Toy. Tamworth to find out why there is no PDI stamps.

Just shows what sort of nice people buy IQs

cheers folks BarryC.

I'm glad you managed to find out the history of your IQ, Barry, I know it was bothering you as it would me.

Neither of my IQs have had a "PDI" stamp in the service book, so I don't know if that is normal or not these days.

I do know it was PDI'd though as everything was spot on...... and I was told it had been(!)

Flickr

No David!

The new models with the Red exterior finish, and Decuma Grey and Deep Amethyst I believe, come with a dark lustrous brown and black interior rather than the older plum, or white which is fitted to the other new models.

Being brought up on 60s style black interiors I was very pleased my new red IQ came with the darker interior as I wasn't too keen on the white and thought I would have to have it on a new IQ, but luckily for me that is not the case.

John

Cheers John

David

Flickr

Very nice... indeed...

Compliments of the Chef... :thumbsup:

Peter

Looks very nice, I wanted a red one (don't see many about) also, but when the time came there was no red 1.3's on the market. I didn't have the luxury to wait for a new one so I got my white onethumbsup.gif

Nice choice, I still have never even seen a Red one, despite it being on my list of prefered options while I am looking.

Nice choice, I still have never even seen a Red one, despite it being on my list of prefered options while I am looking.

I ordered my Red one in February and it arrived in August, slightly delayed by the Tsunami.

I wasn't in a hurry as I was enjoying driving my existing IQ.

I wanted the nav option which made it a special order, and the updated interior along with the other subtle differences between the new and original IQs, so I was prepared to wait.

I ordered my Red one in February and it arrived in August, slightly delayed by the Tsunami.

I wasn't in a hurry as I was enjoying driving my existing IQ.

I wanted the nav option which made it a special order, and the updated interior along with the other subtle differences between the new and original IQs, so I was prepared to wait.

This is the problem I have, my current company car goes back on Monday week, and is not being replaced now I have a fixed office and am not mobile.

I have been looking for a personal car to replace it for a couple of months, and settled on an IQ, only to find an order is going to be Feb at the earliest due to the Sat Nav option. I didnt mind a late used car under 6 months, but it appears not many people optioned the Nav, and the only one I recently had found had a price exactly the same as a new one! Which isnt going to happen.

Local Dealer keeps offering me a new Yaris instead, they must need to sell them as the offer is getting better and better..

I notice that having a factory nav seems to be the sticking point for a lot of folk

.but what is the fascination of a overpriced/under speced built in satnav????

....all the roadtests in Autocar etc that one reads buy new cars with £1500 of extra satnav, and then go on to say how much better and cheaper is a after market Tom Tom or Garmin etc

these days, (especially around London), one needs Real Time traffic reports, and only the aftermarket ones offer this facility...

.....on the other hand, if a sunroof would have been a factory option, I would still be scouring the For Sale ads for car with one fitted!

cheers folks BarryC.

I know what you mean, its half me being stubborn as I have had the same system before, and it all worked wonderfully with my phone, and half the fact that some of the areas I have to leave the car get cars broken into if people see the satnav cradle, ring marks from the sucker, or even if they have seen you driving in with it.

As I was not spending so much on a metallic paint job I increased the gadget/equipment factor by specing the nav. which I find easier to use with my music and gives me more to fiddle with, other than just the nav. function.

In fact I use a Garmin for that.

Had a Tom tom but it kept switching itself on when not being used and you could hear a voice somewhere in the house telling you to "turn left at the next junction", for no apparent reason. Bit worrying until we found out what it was!

its true, that tell tale window sticker rings etc, can attract the light fingered, but they are a pain in the neck anyway so why not try one of these???

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/exogear-exomount-universal-car-mount-11152.php

very well reviewed, from a well respected web site

cheers Barryc.

Thanks for all the comments and insight into your experiences! Hopefully it will be a hassle free car as we bought from our most local dealer; just a spin back there next week to collect mats, a new aerial (the one they fitted was chewed by a dog!), touch up one small mark and hopefully they can find us a glove-bag thingy! ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links