Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling All St205 Owners

jacob.collins

When I've been out in my car then park up and get out my engine bay smells very hot for about 10-15 seconds, I dont have to pop the bonnet you can smell when your just near it. My temp gauge inside never goes above halfway, infact I'm lucky to see it near the halfway point. Just wondered if this was a common thing with the ST205 and is it designed to run hot? Any input would help cheers :thumbsup:

It's not something I have particually noticed about the car - after a hard run you can smell things but no different to any other car.

The 3S-GTE in the GT-Fours does heat things up under the engine bay.

If you havent already I would suggest removing the under bonnet insulation and the rain guard - the amount of heat which pours out is quite impressive. :)

I've thought about removing that, do you remove the metal grill as well? I haven't done it yet cos I was worried about rain constantly pouring straight onto the engine, does this have any effect or is it nothing to worry about

Leave the grille in there, just take out the insulation and that blanking plate thingy. Leave the little duct that directs the air from the snorkel to the timing belt area.

It won't cause any problems with rain etc, don't worry.

Right I've removed the insulation and the rain guard, broke a few clips in the process, and have now fitted the rubber duct and small plate back into position to direct air to the timing belt. But it seems a bit to slack without the insulation behind it, what if anything have you done to stop the movement? <_<