Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Corolla T-Sport Compressor Engine Loud Ticking Noise

toyota52

Hi i have a corolla t-sport compressor 2006 only done 24000 miles and the engine has started to make a loud ticking noise when idle and driving.

Just had it sorted it was nothing serious it was the water pump pulley job done

sounds like its coming from the drivers side of the engine or supercharger its a loud ticking noise. am running it on unleaded 95 but using silcoline pro boost could it have anything to do with that

when you say supercharger do you mean the part with compressor stamped on it? I've never used less then 99 ron. any other symptoms? early rev limiter? loss of power?

when you say supercharger do you mean the part with compressor stamped on it? I've never used less then 99 ron. any other symptoms? early rev limiter? loss of power?

Yes the part with compressor stamped on it its not getting full power but this is because of the unleaded 95 just dont know about the ticking

I recently had a really bad tapping noise I thought was coming from there, it turned out to be under the rocker cover itself

... is it a tap or a tic? checked your oil in the charger?

I think it's gone into safe mode by the sounds of it. Your engine is pinging. Do you have the full compressor manual with your car? If you do, then your symptoms are in there.