Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me Find A 2011/2012 Sat Nav Disc For My T180

blue monster

I would think that is for the full set......... I would be very suprised if it was just for the 1 DVD........Now that would be even more shocking :eek:

For the price of 2 sets of update discs you could buy one one these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220855424599

Digital TV, bluetooth, etc. I think it can link up to you can-bus system also, so if your Climate control is set using the sat nav screen, this should work with it also?

Does anyone know if the €152 quoted on the toyota website is the full set of E13 discs or would that just be the 1 disc the covers the UK & Ireland?

You get one disc for the TNS 700. It covers exactly the same as the disc You already have. Except some of the changes will be on the disc some wont..

My main gripe and refusal to pay such a ridiculous amount for a disc is that they are so sodding far behind !! As above this was My gripe with the Jaguar one.. The Service Manager just laughed when I mentioned it and said. 'Sir You are more than welcome to a refund. We have refunded over half of the latest discs because they are already out of date'

Both Jaguar and Toyota use the same Navtech kit.

I take Your point about not wanting two sat navs on the go at the same time though Martin but for Me it would be little different to a sat nav and a snooper.

Wee Charlie.

So Charlie, do you think the discs are overpriced? :D:

King Windup! :thumbsup:

I think the discs are a fair price if you get the full set for €152 as I know that Nissan charge around £130 for a UK/Western Europe map update.

I have got to be honest I would be surpised if you get the full set for €152 as I have seen individual eastern european & central european discs up for £50 each so in theory you could buy a full set of discs for the €152 and then sell off all the others off @ £50 each meaning your UK one yould be free.........if only. I very much suspect that €152 is for 1 disc for UK/Western Europe which is still a fair price as I probably wouldn't bother updating again for another 3 years or so.

On a positive note, when we had our X-Trail I updated from a 2006 map which was in the car from new to a 2010 map last year and this made a massive difference however, I cannot remeber what operating system Nissan use, e.g. Navteq, etc, so cannot comment on Jag or Totota updates.

I've got a dogeared 2002 AA road atlas that Charlie can keep in the door pocket as a backup :thumbsup:

Only 99p and three blackjacks + P&P...............

No .... Cheap as chips !!

Lets look at this sensibly and with a business head on...

What does it actually cost per unit to produce ??. The information is The Company's biggest expense but most of this is plaugerised info from general data. OK it has to be updated once a year but this updating is likely done by one computer programmer and costs per unit pennies...

I would imagine around 6 0r 7 quid to produce each unit..

So why 150 nicker ??

I would rather sell several hundred at 50 quid a pop than just a few at 150.....

We / People are not so daft as The Company think We are ??

I also firmly believe if the cost was not so ridiculous We would all likely update every Year or I would anyway.. But when They Taka Dee Peeeeesssss.....

Wee Charlie.

Very interesting - this is the €152 pack?

If it is then I will be ordering one & getting the others on flea bay & recoup some of my money as I can never see us taking the car to Sweeden, Italy, Poland, etc

Still no full postcode entries?

Still no full postcode entries?

Think that is a system limitation, rather than a disc thing

Kingo :thumbsup:

Think that is a system limitation, rather than a disc thing

They don't pay the royalties to the Post Office for the full postcode database, so they don't get to put them onto the DVD.

BMW are the same - but someone somehow got the database of all postcodes and put them onto the satnav DVD as points-of-interest, so that you can search on the full postcode. £30 for the latest DVD too.

Blimey I thought it was one disc for TNS700 ??? I only got one disc when I bought the car....

Wee Charlie.

I only got one disc when I bought the car....

Me too - it did UK and Western Europe.

Don't know why there are so many other ones.

I only got one disc when I bought the car....

Me too - it did UK and Western Europe.

Don't know why there are so many other ones.

My one and only disc covers England Scotland Wales France Germany and all those other places .... So That raises the question Why make Us buy four discs ???

We. Well most of Us want to navigate in the UK ?? I do a yearly trip to the Nurbergring in Germany and My one existing disc covers that trip...

I like Blue above do not want to go to Poland Ukraine Lithuania or any of those places so why am I forced to buy the discs if I choose to update ????

Wee Charlie.

Thats life Charlie.................Pirates every where :crybaby:

Why do I have to pay for a TV licence when I dont watch BBC I have Cable?

Thats life Charlie.................Pirates every where :crybaby:

Why do I have to pay for a TV licence when I dont watch BBC I have Cable?

TV licence Mate ??? Whats that ................... :blink: :blink:

Its a bit like going to quickfit for a tyre... There You go Sir four tyres fitted cos We will only sell You four .........

Wee Charlie.

For those hacked off with the whole Sat nav upgrading thing.....

Easier to use

Advanced lane guidance

Safety camera locations

Full 7 digit postcode index

Over speed warning

Just over half the price..

First Year update free

Add to that.. The mapping is up to date and not two Years behind .......................

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

Cmon MR T.. Get real..

Wee Charlie.

Yes, I thought that I would refresh my navigation system and order a new disc. I got four discs. I was surprised. It was probably four because I ordered the one with Europe, and that contains four discs. I should think that you can order them separately. This cost me €182.40 EUR (£164.73 GBP). It probably works with postcodes as well, (I didn't try it) because the older one could, but that one only could find a big area. (e.g EH1... EH2 etc...)

Im pretty sure there only sold as the set, and you dont get full post codes, probably as Marksy said Toyota dont pay royalties to the post office.

I have seen these dvds go for 65 euro each so I presume you could recoupe most of your money back if you so desired.

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

How do I buy the west europe one in that link as its exactly what I want?

Im pretty sure there only sold as the set, and you dont get full post codes, probably as Marksy said Toyota dont pay royalties to the post office.

I have seen these dvds go for 65 euro each so I presume you could recoupe most of your money back if you so desired.

I will use it in the Netherlands-Germany-Austria-Hungary and back and maybe even Belgium and France. As I said, I wanted the Europe map (because the original disc is only one and it's sign is "Europe A, 2005-2006 Vers. 1" and I didn't know before I got the discs that Toyota can only give me it on four discs. I thought that everything is on one disc. I was wrong. This set is alright for me. Yes, Marksy could be right, there aren't full postcodes.

Thanks for the link... 65 euros/piece... if you buy it.

How do I buy the west europe one in that link as its exactly what I want?

This is just an add from someone in Holland selling the discs they don't need. People in other countries are in the same boat as we in the UK are. Ie they don't need all the discs. That seller has only got the east dvd left. Have a look on German, Holland, Spanish eBay etc.

Or you could by the full set and sell the ones you don't need. At 65 euro each you will get your money back on 3 dvds and still have the UK one for free.

Manybe worth a punt.

Still using the original disc that came with my 56 reg T180.Even though the maps might be out of date,it still has the benefit of using the RDS traffic update system.I.E.road works,lane closures,which are 24/7 updated.Regardless of how outdated the disc is.No way will I pay for a outdated/latest Toyota disc.If necessary I plug in my Tom Tom,full post code,£20 for 18 months,quarterly updated maps.This system gets me anywhere that I need to go,avoiding any roadworks.

BJK. Tried backing up the original Toyota disc,when I got the vehicle,did not work Charlie.