Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me Find A 2011/2012 Sat Nav Disc For My T180

blue monster

If you really want to pay that for a DVD try here E14 West around £70 for the 1 DVD...

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

I personally, looking at the price 1 cd goes for would buy the set and sell the others.

Sorted - bought - job done :thumbsup:

Jedi - thanks for posting this link - I did have a nose around the bay last night but could not find any thing - obviously not trying hard enough :P

All I was after was the Western Europe disc and I couldn't be ar5ed with selling discs on from a full set. Like I referenced yesterday Nissan are charging around £130 for a similar 1 disc upgrade so £70 for an original Toyota disc in my mind is a bargain!!

Thanks to all for your input & Charlie - get yourself one of these as this is a very fair price :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martin

I bought a new disc for the Jag this Year.. It was no more up to date than the 2009 one I took out of the car.. So I took it back to the Dealers who refunded the coin without question.. The system in the Jag uses the same Navtech stuff that is in Toyotas.....

Wee Charlie.

Charlie Have you tried you Jag dvd in the Toyota? Some of these DVD`s are cross compatiable from manufactures. i.e Volvo discs are supposed to work with Jag sat nav system etc. Who make the Jag dvd set? is it Denso?

Dont know Mate.. I do know that they are both Navtech gear though if that makes any sense ..

The mapping and the way it works is very very similar to the Ravs one. It offers 3 routes highlighted on the screen for instance... It has full postcode entry though where the Rav does not..

I did think of putting the Jag disc into the Rav but was a little concerned in case it messed something up ??? Is it safe to try ??

Make sure you get the correct West map, not North!

Definitely got the right West one - 'Europe West E14' vs. the disc that is in our T180 at the moment = 'Europe West E10'

If it's wrong I'll get my money back from PayPal as is advertised as being the correct one for UK, Ireland, France, etc. thumbsup.gif

Oh, and I love the way that all of the links in this thread have been replaced with the link to the Toyota website - surely there is nothing wrong with buying genuine Toyota discs - granted I am gaining a genuine product indirectly which is surely better than buying a fake disc from SatNavi.com who advertise their copies on this website/forum which completely contradicts what a moderator has previously stated about what is allowed?

If Fritz has no use for his Western Europe disc, the same as I would have no use for a Eastern Europe disc then there is no harm is selling them on to people who will use them such as myself?

Does this mean that we cannot trade other genuine Toyota products such as wheels, roof racks, old versions of sat nav discs such as my full set of E10 discs, etc, via the for sale section on this forum, flea bay or any other method as we should be buying them directly from Toyota and paying a kings ransom for them?

I completely understand the forum/owners club stance on copies but we are talking genuine articles here and as a long standing member of a Honda forum & owners club no one has every stopped any one from selling genuine articles to each other - surely that is a benefit of being a member of these clubs/forums?

Martin Do You have the direct link to the disc You bought ?? This is now getting confusing...

Are You saying You have bought the western Europe disc only. That it is one disc and is genuine Toyota ???? Thanks.

Charlie.

I to am confused as to why any conversations about discs get frowned upon when the site allows advertising of Fake discs ?? With the greatest of respect this situation is just ridiculous !!!

Wee Charlie.

Charlie, correct, I have just bought a genuine Toyota E14 2011/2012 disc for £70 from a fellow Toyota owner in Germany who has no use for his Western Europe disc.

If I had bought the full set from Toyota @ €152, 3 of those discs would have been straight on here, flea bay or any other method I had of advertising them for sale as I have no use for them.

I am confused as to why the link to the disc that I bought has been replaced with the Toyota one, is it purely the fact that we are not allowed eBay links on here? If that is the case then why hasn't my eBay link to the chip kit that you have just bought (genuine Lindops Toyota article I must add) been removed?

I would just like some clarity on this matter, yes got it, no copies (even though copies are advertised on here) but this was the sale of genuine Toyota products?

Charlie, I will PM you the link mate thumbsup.gif

Just noticed there is an eBay link on the main club hub page just down from the classifieds that is full of Toyota parts so surely that means eBay is allowed???

So if I bought my genuine E14 Toyota disc from the eBay link on this forum that would be okay?? I'm confused unsure.gif

Just noticed there is an ebay link on the main club hub page just down from the classifieds that is full of Toyota parts so surely that means ebay is allowed???

So if I bought my genuine E14 Toyota disc from the ebay link on this forum that would be okay?? I'm confused unsure.gif

Martin. Excuse My ignorance but does that disc cover all of Germany ?? I go over to the Nurbergring with a bike in the trailer every Year so unless Germany is covered It would only be of use for the UK and the old disc has never failed to get Me anywhere in the UK yet ..

Wee Charlie..... :thumbsup:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sorry guys! You can see it on the pic provided that the UK is found on the "west" disc, and Germany is found on the "North" disc. Charlie, if you want to go to Schumacher-land then you have to swap discs.

Something else.Every sat-nav disc is multi language, you can set it to every language you want to. If it's better to you, then it can speak german to you. :lol:

Charlie, if you are concerned about the disc not having Germany on it then you are welcome to borrow my existing E10 disc as I have the full set thumbsup.gif

Charlie, if you are concerned about the disc not having Germany on it then you are welcome to borrow my existing E10 disc as I have the full set thumbsup.gif

Martin What Year is the E10 ?? .

Wee Charlie.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sorry guys! You can see it on the pic provided that the UK is found on the "west" disc, and Germany is found on the "North" disc. Charlie, if you want to go to Schumacher-land then you have to swap discs.

Something else.Every sat-nav disc is multi language, you can set it to every language you want to. If it's better to you, then it can speak german to you. :lol:

Jozef. Your car looks Superb !!! It is a T180 ?? The wheels look different to My T180 ones ??? Is that black or dark blue ??? Very Nice !!!

Wee Charlie.

Martin. Here is a translation of the eBay ad as best as I can do it..

Original Toyota / Lexus navigation DVD latest version 2011 / 2012 E 14 for Toyota navigation devices from 2003, also by TNS 600 + 700 article no. : 86271-0W064, incl. Betriebssoftwareupdate the first time you insert the DVD new and unused DVD - WEST - includes the following countries: Ireland , England, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Portugal, Spain Not bad, Impeccable condition from Nichtraucherhaushalt - Shipping only via coinage

One thing .. When buying from the EU unless the seller marks the package it is very likely indeed that the package will be picked out and held until Import Duty and VAT are paid.. The Post Office add a £30 handling charge to this ....

The limit before Duty and VAT is added is £36.

I got caught twice. I bought a set of Tyre warmers for the Bike racing.. and got stung for around 150 quid on a package value of £350.... Second time was Carbon bike parts just 100 quids worth but the charges were £120 so I just let the Post Office keep them !!!!

If You can ask the Sender to mark as a low value gift ??

Only problem with doing this is if it goes missing the insurance only pays the marked value..

Not a problem for You as Paypal will reimburse But it May mean Matey wont mark down the package value.......

Wee Charlie.

Charlie all west dvds will be the same or they should be, just the newer ones will be updated, if you made it to Germany with the disc you have now then the newer E14 west will be the same. It will cover German main routes, it just wont go into detail.

I feel sorry for those guys who need the east DVD as looking at the coverage its is pants :crybaby:

As for trying your Jag dvd in you Toyota, the worst that can happen is the wrong firmware is loaded, but this can be corrected by disconecting the car Battery for 5 mins and putting in you origonal Toyota DVD to load up the correct firmware again.

Of course I take no responsibilty for any damage caused :thumbsup:

A set of old E10`s here for £20 bargin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-TOYOTA-DVD-NAVIGATION-/250919286778?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6bf477fa

I put in a copy of a disc that was sent to Me today and My machine did not like it !!

It put up a message saying ;Disc not read contact dealer; When I ejected it and put the old one back in it said the same !! The screen would not flip back up into the normal position !!! I was thinking F....F......Flipping heck !! I ejected the disc and put it back in.. Same thing happened !! I ejected it again and switched the ingnition on and off again and thankfully this time it read the disc (Old one that is ) And allowed the screen to close .............

At one point it would not eject the copy disc either !!!!!!!!

Oh and the Rav has not been to Germany yet. I went this Year in the van before I sold it..

My Tom Tom One XL You know the one that costs half as much as a set of Toyota discs . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: has European maps so I just used that.

Wee Charlie.

Martin. Here is a translation of the Ebay ad as best as I can do it..

Original Toyota / Lexus navigation DVD latest version 2011 / 2012 E 14 for Toyota navigation devices from 2003, also by TNS 600 + 700 article no. : 86271-0W064, incl. Betriebssoftwareupdate the first time you insert the DVD new and unused DVD - WEST - includes the following countries: Ireland , England, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Portugal, Spain Not bad, Impeccable condition from Nichtraucherhaushalt - Shipping only via coinage

One thing .. When buying from the EU unless the seller marks the package it is very likely indeed that the package will be picked out and held until Import Duty and VAT are paid.. The Post Office add a £30 handling charge to this ....

The limit before Duty and VAT is added is £36.

I got caught twice. I bought a set of Tyre warmers for the Bike racing.. and got stung for around 150 quid on a package value of £350.... Second time was Carbon bike parts just 100 quids worth but the charges were £120 so I just let the Post Office keep them !!!!

If You can ask the Sender to mark as a low value gift ??

Only problem with doing this is if it goes missing the insurance only pays the marked value..

Not a problem for You as Paypal will reimburse But it May mean Matey wont mark down the package value.......

Wee Charlie.

I will check with the seller mate but I think it's already been dispatched. I will take my chances with customs as I imported an exhaust manifold from the US for my Honda at the start of this year and in comparison to what the manifold would have cost in this country the import tax was peanuts.

Thanks for the translation thumbsup.gif

Mate it really is a 50 50 chance that they will even bother to check.. You may well get away with it Hopefully You will.. Then I could buy one and get caught..... Its the PO charges which I believe is a standard Circa £30. and the standard customs charge before import duty and VAT are added that is the killer on low value items...

Out of four transactions I got done twice... Like I say 50 50 in My experience.....

Good luck with it !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jozef. Your car looks Superb !!! It is a T180 ?? The wheels look different to My T180 ones ??? Is that black or dark blue ??? Very Nice !!!

Wee Charlie.

Yes, this is a T180 and it's black. You're right, the wheels and tyres are not original. These are XT5 wheels and tyres, normal 225x65x17 size and they're not RunFlat. They're Continental Cross Contact Winter. This is why I need the pink wire "surgery"! I am really grateful for the demonstration with the pictures... With this it will be much easier to cut the cable.

Thanks!

Mate it really is a 50 50 chance that they will even bother to check.. You may well get away with it Hopefully You will.. Then I could buy one and get caught..... Its the PO charges which I believe is a standard Circa £30. and the standard customs charge before import duty and VAT are added that is the killer on low value items...

Out of four transactions I got done twice... Like I say 50 50 in My experience.....

There aint no import/duty tax on goods from the EU countries :yahoo:

I put in a copy of a disc that was sent to Me today and My machine did not like it !!

It put up a message saying ;Disc not read contact dealer; When I ejected it and put the old one back in it said the same !! The screen would not flip back up into the normal position !!! I was thinking F....F......Flipping heck !! I ejected the disc and put it back in.. Same thing happened !! I ejected it again and switched the ingnition on and off again and thankfully this time it read the disc (Old one that is ) And allowed the screen to close .............

At one point it would not eject the copy disc either !!!!!!!!

Oh and the Rav has not been to Germany yet. I went this Year in the van before I sold it..

My Tom Tom One XL You know the one that costs half as much as a set of Toyota discs . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: has European maps so I just used that.

Wee Charlie.

A Toyota copied disc (dare I say it :eek: ) or the jag one? what is the disc in your rav now? is E10 E11?

Jedi or should I say obi whan, you are the fountain of all knowledge & good news at the moment.

Could you also provide me with the winning numbers for the next euro millions draw? :-)

There aint no import/duty tax on goods from the EU countries :yahoo:

Mate are You sure ?? I got caught on a shipment from Jersey .... Not in Europe ??? This is the only thing stopping Me from buying that disc !!! I thought Import duty and VAT were applicable because that's the rules in this country ??????????????????

Speak to ME .....

Wee Charlie.