Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me Find A 2011/2012 Sat Nav Disc For My T180

blue monster

From HM Govt

Imports and purchases from abroad: paying and reclaiming VAT

Generally speaking, VAT is payable on all purchases of goods and services that you buy from abroad at the same rate that would apply to the goods or services if supplied in the UK. You must tell HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) about goods that you import, and pay any VAT and duty that is due.

This guide explains how you need to report VAT paid on imports, how you may be able to reclaim it, and about the various ways you may be able to defer, suspend, reduce or obtain relief from import VAT.

countries in the EU, technically known as acquisitions rather than imports, you will normally pay VAT at the time the goods come into the UK. The rate of VAT payable is the same rate that you would have paid had the goods been supplied to you by a UK supplier. This VAT is known as acquisition tax and you can normally reclaim this VAT, if the acquisitions relate to VAT taxable supplies that you make.

Sorry Mate I think You may be mistaken ............................................ :crybaby:

Wee Charlie.

I will be able to confirm this for certain one way or the other hopefully later this week thumbsup.gif

Right ... If You brig goods Personally into the UK from the EU such as tobbaco or booze You are OK... Other goods are liable depending on whether duty has or was paid on them in the country of origin..... VAT still applies to all goods that carry VAT in this country .....

Zer Ezzzz No escape !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put in a copy of a disc that was sent to Me today and My machine did not like it !!

It put up a message saying ;Disc not read contact dealer; When I ejected it and put the old one back in it said the same !! The screen would not flip back up into the normal position !!! I was thinking F....F......Flipping heck !! I ejected the disc and put it back in.. Same thing happened !! I ejected it again and switched the ingnition on and off again and thankfully this time it read the disc (Old one that is ) And allowed the screen to close .............

At one point it would not eject the copy disc either !!!!!!!!

Oh and the Rav has not been to Germany yet. I went this Year in the van before I sold it..

My Tom Tom One XL You know the one that costs half as much as a set of Toyota discs . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: has European maps so I just used that.

Wee Charlie.

A Toyota copied disc (dare I say it :eek: ) or the jag one? what is the disc in your rav now? is E10 E11?

Mate a very nice Gentleman sent Me a copy... It was this disc that would not work and seemed to confuse the nav unit.. I have not tried the one from the Jag as Im afraid it will do the same and I may not be able to recover it....

Not sure what number is on My disc without going down and taking it out but its a 2006......

Wee Charlie.

You will pay import tax from tax haven places like Jersey, IOM etc, but not from EU countries.

Anywhere outside the EU you are liable for import tax.

I`ve never had any problems, with stuff i`ve ordered.

You will pay import tax from tax haven places like Jersey, IOM etc, but not from EU countries.

I hope Your right Mate.. On the strength of Your advice I just bought the other disc !

Thanks for the heads up Martin !!

Mate, I was thinking about this last night, for the last 3-4 years I have been importing dog food from Germany (I know it sounds crazy) but when I can buy premium dog food cheaper in Germany & have it shipped over here to my front door for cheaper than what I can buy it for in any pet supermarket in the UK then it makes no sense. I have never been hit with any kind of tax or duty and usually do 3-4 shipments a year.

Nice star by the way!! toast.gif

Mate, I was thinking about this last night, for the last 3-4 years I have been importing dog food from Germany (I know it sounds crazy) but when I can buy premium dog food cheaper in Germany & have it shipped over here to my front door for cheaper than what I can buy it for in any pet supermarket in the UK then it makes no sense. I have never been hit with any kind of tax or duty and usually do 3-4 shipments a year.

Nice star by the way!! toast.gif

Thanks Mate !! Er Ive just seen a rather nice new shiny replacement head unit for the car...

It has a very good hifi set up plus Ipod and lots of nice bits .......... So might just have to have one.....

Thanks Mate !! Er Ive just seen a rather nice new shiny replacement head unit for the car...

It has a very good hifi set up plus Ipod and lots of nice bits .......... So might just have to have one.....

Is it the same one that I threw up in the other thread about replacement sat nav / stereo unit?

Is it the same one that I threw up in the other thread about replacement sat nav / stereo unit?

Yes Mate ... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hope Your right Mate.. On the strength of Your advice I just bought the other disc !

Thanks for the heads up Martin !!

You will be clenching until the day it arrives

If I were to buy a new head unit this would be my 1st choice http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320782457816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The disc is here! E14 Europe West genuine toyota dvd is now in my sat nav with no taxes to pay, it was simply pushed through my door - result!

The disc is here! E14 Europe West genuine toyota dvd is now in my sat nav with no taxes to pay, it was simply pushed through my door - result!

Same here Martin !!! Thanks for the heads up on the disc location !! :thumbsup:

If Anyone has the disc that covers Germany going mice and cheap please let Me know... Failing that I will just use the Tom Tom for My yearly trip to the hallowed ground........ :D

Wee Charlie.

Like I said before mate, you are welcome to borrow my E10 disc as I have the full set that came with the car

• 1 year later...

Thank you - who manufactures these discs?

Unsure.

For me it may have been a case of blissful ignorance. I needed a more up to date map from our 2006 affair and this fitted the bill

I also bought one from Satnavi, loaded into my T180, disc accepted, all up to date and working just fine for £39.99.

I did order one and it came the next day. Unfortunately it didn't work - they are replacing it - I'll keep you posted.

Still have the original 2006 discs, don't use them. As said earlier in this thread, way over priced for original discs. I use my Garmin instead..free lifetime map and traffic updates :laughing: Just have the RAV's screen set to audio display.

Hi Tbird - can you elaborate? Do you just insert the Garmin disc?

Btw they sent me a replacement disc straight away - that doesn't work either!

I believe TBird uses the Garmin Instead of the Rav system.

Are you sure you have ordered the correct disc for your Sat Nav? I have a 2007 T180 and the correct disc was 'Option 1', you can always ask Satnavi to double check which disc you require.

yes - I ordered option one. They thought the first one had a fault and replaced it with an identical one which I did point out when I got the first disc that it had Lexus on the front.