Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle

diverdave

Hi all,

I seem to have what is a common problem on the gen 3, and that is the rattle from where the centre consule joins the arm rest between the two front seats. I have tried stuffing tissue in the gaps to try and solve it but doesn't seem to have done much good. If anyone else on here has solved the problem could you please tell me how you did it,seems to be worse when the car is cold.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Dave.

Erm, report it to your dealers and get them to sort it under warranty?

The early gen3's were plagued with rattles and I understand the dealers have been issued with ways to fix them. Mine has been 'fixed' in the past.

Erm, report it to your dealers and get them to sort it under warranty?

The early gen3's were plagued with rattles and I understand the dealers have been issued with ways to fix them. Mine has been 'fixed' in the past.

Thanks for that Grumpy Cabbie, I didn't realise that the dealers had been issued with ways to fix specific rattles, I will try that.

really? I sent it to the dealer a few times and the rattling problems persist... It did settle when they fixed it and come back after a few months....

My centre console lid is rattling like a good'un. The dealer did fix the dashboard rattle under warranty last year. Not sure the console lid would be covered but will mention it to them at the service next week.

So far so good in the cabin of my 2011 which is generally rattle-free, but it makes some unhealthy noises over rough surfaces. I suspect it will be rattling like a tea-tray full of crockery by the time I hand it back.

Our 2011Prius has no rattles on good roads but like Seamaster experienced it has "unhealthy noises" on rough roads. The Sat/Nav directed me to a road that had a sign stating it was unsuitable for all motor vehicles. I bet we would have experienced more than a few rattles if we had gone on that. The road was in Somerset. You would think the Sat/Nav would have known it was an useable road for motor vehicles.

My centre console lid is rattling like a good'un. The dealer did fix the dashboard rattle under warranty last year. Not sure the console lid would be covered but will mention it to them at the service next week.

Mines being fixed/replaced next week under warranty

The dashboard ones is very common - I sorted mine by puting a small thin rubber seal between the 2 bits of plastic - where the instrument panel meets the main dash.

Its been my one major bug bear with the Prius- Such a poor quality inerior.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links