Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camber Adjustment Bolts

davegooner7

my front wheel camber is off, i need more negitive camber. has any used those and where did you get them i was looking at those http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5-81270K-EIBACH-Front-Camber-Bolts-Toyota-Corolla-03-08-/180746007016?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a154d31e8 and was wondering if avensis T25 the same size.

thanks

dave

It may be worth investigating why the camber is wrong before trying to alter it. If a conponet of the suspensiion has been altered, worn damaged or bent you may be adressing the cause first.

It may be worth investigating why the camber is wrong before trying to alter it. If a conponet of the suspensiion has been altered, worn damaged or bent you may be adressing the cause first.

just had an nct test same as mot test every thing ok

I didn't know they checked the camber during the MOT or ECT test as you say. Must take quite a bit of tine setting the laser kit and so forth.

my front wheel camber is off, i need more negitive camber. has any used those and where did you get them i was looking at those http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5-81270K-EIBACH-Front-Camber-Bolts-Toyota-Corolla-03-08-/180746007016?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a154d31e8 and was wondering if avensis T25 the same size.

Hi,

Camber on the Avensis is adjusted by loosening the lower shock absorber bolts, moving the shock absorber in- or outwards, and replacing the bolts by camber adjustment bolts from the following table.

Quite a labour intensive job, even with advanced measuring equipment and all parts and tools ready...

Good luck

post-84513-0-36101300-1320269056_thumb.p

post-84513-0-48683800-1320269078_thumb.p

you dont check camber,caster or toe in these tests but depending on tyre wear you would recomend a wheel alighnment check...

but i agree with the above find out whats causing the issue first..

I didn't know they checked the camber during the MOT or ECT test as you say. Must take quite a bit of tine setting the laser kit and so forth.

what i ment was they check suspension sorry about confusion

i do mots everyday but some things you cant see like a tiny bend can put the camber well out.. a bottom arm bolt thats shifted can put the camber out too mate..

In my above post I merely indicated how the adjustment should be done on the Avensis, instead of saying "You cannot use the Corolla-method bolts in the eBay link".

And if the adjustment is not done for "cosmetic reasons" :unsure: , then of course you should investigate the cause first.