Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shell V Power? Worth It?

ryan corolla

hey, im going to fill the car up soon and was just wondering whether or not it is worth the extra 5p per litre on Vpower over the usual unleaded?? I have a t sport with an apexi induction kit (if that helps)

Kind regards

Ryan

hey, im going to fill the car up soon and was just wondering whether or not it is worth the extra 5p per litre on Vpower over the usual unleaded??

Give it a go, its only two and a half quid a full tank difference :D

I only use v power for the compressor but then the fuel spec for it is 98 ron. I used it a few times in my old rolla gti and noticed no different increase in performance. 99 v power has better knock resistance then standard unleaded, and the compression ratio is different for the t sport and compressor hence the higher octane fuel that the compressor needs to run on. id say fll up with it, if anything itl give your valves injectors a good clean

I run v power only in mine, I suspect it will make no difference whatsoever performance wise as the car is mapped to run on 95 anyway.

It just makes me feel better running better quality fuel :)

il give it a go, the car was sat for a few months before I picked it up so itll do it no harm I suppose, thanks for the replies guys,

Ryan

I run mine on momentum 99 an I get more miles than I would with 95, it does seem to run smoother tho.

Seconded, running mine on 97ron (as there's only a 3p diff in price) and i tend to get a higher av mpg than i do on 95ron

hey, im going to fill the car up soon and was just wondering whether or not it is worth the extra 5p per litre on Vpower over the usual unleaded?? I have a t sport with an apexi induction kit (if that helps)

Kind regards

Ryan

Hell yes there is a difference! Twice the additive package of "Normal" fuel so its gonna keep your injectors and fuel pump in tip top condition. If its the same as the V-Power derv (Check on the Shell site) that I've only ever used in my T-180 then its a "Man made" fuel rather than the stuff that comes out of the North sea. If you join the V-Power club (Free) the you'll get money vouchers off fuel to boot. Also the V-Power gives you double points on the card over the nornal stuff. And atm you get a lovely free cuppa coffee when you spend £25 on the jungle juice that makes your car out perform the other guys! you also get more mpg out of the stuff so when you weigh it up you're the same off as if you bought the normal juice. Plus a cuppa :lol:

Kind regards

Ryan

Hell yes there is a difference! Twice the additive package of "Normal" fuel so its gonna keep your injectors and fuel pump in tip top condition. If its the same as the V-Power derv (Check on the Shell site) that I've only ever used in my T-180 then its a "Man made" fuel rather than the stuff that comes out of the North sea. If you join the V-Power club (Free) the you'll get money vouchers off fuel to boot. Also the V-Power gives you double points on the card over the nornal stuff. And atm you get a lovely free cuppa coffee when you spend £25 on the jungle juice that makes your car out perform the other guys! you also get more mpg out of the stuff so when you weigh it up you're the same off as if you bought the normal juice. Plus a cuppa :lol:

So its better cos you get a free cuppa and double points lmao ;-)

Kind regards

Ryan

So its better cos you get a free cuppa and double points lmao ;-)

Too right! I'm only in it for the cuppa :yahoo:

Hell yes there is a difference! Twice the additive package of "Normal" fuel so its gonna keep your injectors and fuel pump in tip top condition. If its the same as the V-Power derv (Check on the shell site) that I've only ever used in my T-180 then its a "Man made" fuel rather than the stuff that comes out of the North sea.

Of course only a percentage of GTL is blended to mineral diesel to make Shell V-Power diesel :)

`V-Power Diesel is a blend of regular petroleum-based diesel and synthetic diesel, created using gas to liquids (GTL), along with some extra additives designed to clean the injection system and improve injection pump and injector lubricity.`

I do seem to be getting more MPG im on 38.8 at the minute, rather then 35 it was 1.40 per litre :o, plus I get no cuppas where I go, I have got a Shell points card if thats the V power club???

Kind Regards

Ryan

I do seem to be getting more MPG im on 38.8 at the minute, rather then 35 it was 1.40 per litre :o, plus I get no cuppas where I go, I have got a shell points card if thats the V power club???

Kind Regards

Ryan

The V-Power card is a bit different! Its dead posh and you feel like a Royal when you go and pay for your high octane juice!... Well not really tbh, Lol :rolleyes: You can upgrade to this car by contacting Shell :thumbsup:

Won't make much of a performance difference unless the car has knock sensors, but the cleaning agents will help clean out any gunk in the system :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links