Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yuasa Batteries

rambler

Hi folks

I have been recommended a Yuasa Battery for me dear mothers petrol yaris.....just to give it some extra grunt for starting this winter.

As above......anybody else ever had one ?

Been told the ' plates ' are thicker inside ???, better electrical productivity ?

This is from a Local auto electrician who i walk with & know very well.

So any experiences anybody ?

My Rav origionaly came with one, seemed ok, until the car was left for a month or 2 which seemed to have killed the Battery would not charge properly again? I had to buy a new one. No ratings or anything on it, just says Yuasa on it. Strange..............

Yuasa batteries are very good, always used to be standard fitting on Jap built Toyota's, many would last 8 or 10 years

The problem with the Yuasa batteries on RAV were that they were too small in capacity

Kingo :thumbsup:

Mine was huge but no ratings on it. Fitted the whole Battery Well. Must have lasted 5 years if fitted from new. But being left for 2 months without useing the rav didn't help.

We had a Yuasa Battery fitted to our Rav last month when the origional just died a death.

There was a few posts saying it was a good Battery,one from Anchorman which confirmed how good they are.

Its been great so far but the weather has been mild so far,so early days for it for me :eek:

My Rav origionaly came with one, seemed ok, until the car was left for a month or 2 which seemed to have killed the battery would not charge properly again? I had to buy a new one. No ratings or anything on it, just says Yuasa on it. Strange..............

Ok Jedi,PK & Paul

Thanks for that..have looked on website,lots of very thorough info.

This may well be the way to go.

Brilliant batteries.... Fitted to most Japanese Motorcycles and Jetskis as OE kit.. I would use no other make on My Jet ski !!

This link will take You to a replacement Battery for My ski... But the supplier is absolutely brilliant and will supply any Battery You want. Also the prices are awesome !!! HTH

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300426961559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2800wt_932

Wee Charlie.

Well.....mothers yaris returned from local Mr T after its 40'000 service......new Battery required,after they tested it.

Contacted my auto elec friend,new Yuasa Battery being supplied for £66 all inc.

Fitted for a tenner on our drive :thumbsup:

I would do it for her myself.....but she can affrord it ;) :lol:

Lets hope it has more ooomph than a standard Battery for those cold winter starts.

Well.....mothers yaris returned from local Mr T after its 40'000 service......new battery required,after they tested it.

Contacted my auto elec friend,new Yuasa battery being supplied for £66 all inc.

Lets hope it has more ooomph than a standard battery for those cold winter starts.

Maybe she can use the heater now..............

Well.....mothers yaris returned from local Mr T after its 40'000 service......new battery required,after they tested it.

Contacted my auto elec friend,new Yuasa battery being supplied for £66 all inc.

Lets hope it has more ooomph than a standard battery for those cold winter starts.

Maybe she can use the heater now..............

The daft thing is....when the delivery bloke returned it,mother got in and the heater had been on full blast

,like an oven it was.....mum was concerned that he had even used the heater :o :o :o :o :o

Lets hope she can use all the cars eqiupment and drive it in complete confidence after the new ones fitted :D ....actually she may have to have a lesson on how to use everything :lol: .

I use the Yoosa batteries in fire and alarm panels.... have a box of them in the store ! Doubt if they'd start the RAV tho !

No, a RAV needs 12V :rolleyes:

You could use 2 of them in series I suppose....

The Yuasa on my SV650 is now over 10 years old and going strong.