Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Advice

Rainbow911

Hi all

Long time since I posted.

I'm currently looking at getting a T sport 2004, but the problem is that with fuel,insurance,finance etc its looking to be around £500 a month to pay for everything.

Now I currently still live at home with my parents earning around £1200 a month as I'm only an apprentice and my pay rises every year :).

So my only out goings are £80 a month to my mum :P and my phone bill £35.

So do you think I would be stupid to Shell out so much a month for a car? bearing in mind I don't really go out drinking etc.

Any advice would be appreciated as I've test drove this car twice and love it :).

Regards

if you are earning 1200 a month just save for 4months and buy the car outright and pay monthly for your insurance after than point, plenty of facelift Tsports on eBay atm for 3-4K with good mileage. Would never recommend the finance route, can get messy

Even If you save up for a years insurance it will make a big difference. The quicker and easier you can save should prove if you can really afford it or not!

Keep us updated, the T sport is a great car, worth saving up for

Thanks for the replys.

The car itself is up for £4000 and I don't have that kind of cash to pay upfront that's why I was considering finance.

Plus the fact that my old clio is on its way out.

The most I could probably put down on it would be around £1000

So ill have to have a good think.

Just wondered if you guys thought I was being stupid paying £500 a month on a car, but it is my only real enjoyment driving,so.

Cheers

Sorry to be a misery but from experience do not get yourself into debt unless you cannot avoid it. Or can easily pay it back. Nearly half your wage on a car is a lot. Be patient and save.

Sermon over!

I did exactaly the same kinda thing when i was younger, got a loan and went buying cars, i got a zetec s and an e30.

Now i would preach as above (only buy waht you can outright) but i wouldn't change what i did.

Circumstances do change and be aware that maybe your "safety net" might be taken away.

Just ask yourself if you don't mind living at home until you have paid off the car.

If it was me and it was (years ago) then i would buy the car.

If you have a passion in life go for it!

I did exactaly the same kinda thing when i was younger, got a loan and went buying cars, i got a zetec s and an e30.

Now i would preach as above (only buy waht you can outright) but i wouldn't change what i did.

Circumstances do change and be aware that maybe your "safety net" might be taken away.

Just ask yourself if you don't mind living at home until you have paid off the car.

If it was me and it was (years ago) then i would buy the car.

If you have a passion in life go for it!

Yeah me too, I bought my car a few months after buying my first house.

I would suggest a £100 a month buffer ontop of your budgeted £500 as you never know what can happen...or what mods you will want to buy!!

Yeah me too, I bought my car a few months after buying my first house.

I would suggest a £100 a month buffer ontop of your budgeted £500 as you never know what can happen...or what mods you will want to buy!!

This is funny because i bought my compressor about 2 months after starting to pay my mortgage.

I would agree don't max out ur budget on just the car as modding, servicing and other factors (like food).

I strongly believe there are only 3 things worth having debt for in this life...

A house

An education

And cars :)

But do be careful!

Just wanna say thanks so much guys for your input :).

Im thinkin im young,no mortgage,no kids still living at home.

Think im going to go for it :) thanks to your inputs its put things in perspective as i have a passion And its cars :).

I will keep you guys posted on any updates.

Regards :).

I'm very similar in lifestyle and situation, my advice is simply this - save up and buy the outright rather than financing

BTW what industry do you work in? must be well paid for you to be on £18k as an apprentice!

If you have the money just buy the car you want and worry about the other stuff after, live life to the max while you can.

I work in the engineering industry as a mechanical engineer its not bad.

Im currently in my old clio and just broke down waitin for parents to come :/.

So i think this has made my decision lol

And i have to go down the finance route as i havnt got the money to pay upfront.

Anybody know how to get a discount with adrian flux? As i heard you can?

Regards

I got a discount because I'm a member of a car club (here and a few other places)

So does being a member on here get you a discount?

And what other clubs may help to get a discount ?

Regards

So does being a member on here get you a discount?

And what other clubs may help to get a discount ?

Regards

I worked for flux just say you've done some body mods, spoiler, body kit etc.. don't mention performance. When I worked there they done discount for cosmetic mods as they had the theroy of if you have spent a grand on body kits then you're less likely to be skidding round corners into posts and leaving it parked where it could be damaged

Ok Chris thanks a lot :)

Does being a member of any clubs get you a discount?

Regards