Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Rare Is The Verso S?

David1704

I have just gone and bought a Verso S automatic as a replacement family car for an old Renault. We have yet to take delivery, but I am wondering how many of these have been sold? We have never seen one on the road.

I have just gone and bought a Verso S automatic as a replacement family car for an old Renault. We have yet to take delivery, but I am wondering how many of these have been sold? We have never seen one on the road.

Welcome to TOC David

The Verso S is a relative newcomer to the UK market but was sold as the Ractis in Japan for a few years previously

Toyota GB sold 251 of the CVT automatics in the first quarter of 2011.........I bought mine in April 2011 (A T Spirit in Satin Blue)

There is a sub section on TOC for our model but not too many contributors at the moment...Take a look!

The Verso S is built in Japan to a very high standard....but was one of the victims of the earthquake and Tsunami..... Mine was one of the last batch to leave on the transporter ship just 2 weeks before the Tsunami

I understand that production has resumed again and they are now being imported again

The new Yaris and the Verso S share the same mechanical floor plan, but in my opinion the Verso S is a better all round car with greater versatility.

I have taken mine to Scotland this year and it has been very reliable and economical ......The CVT transmission being super smooth and very easy to drive......I have just clocked up 5000 miles a week or so ago.

My supplying dealer tells me he is selling a steady number (4 or 5 a month) but Toyota do not seem to be pushing them as hard as the new Yaris.

Let's hope we will see a few more on the road as sales increase.....but at the moment , welcome to a rather "exclusive" club!

Thanks for such a comprehensive reply.

We took delivery of the car today and it seems to drive beautifully. I noticed a slight tendency when moving from stationary, say at lights, for it to roll back a few inches. Perhaps this is normal.

Thanks for such a comprehensive reply.

We took delivery of the car today and it seems to drive beautifully. I noticed a slight tendency when moving from stationary, say at lights, for it to roll back a few inches. Perhaps this is normal.

Can't say I have ever felt a tendency to roll back......at lights I do sometimes keep my foot on the brake unless I get someone behind then I apply the handbrake (so as not to blind the driver behind with brake lights)

If I expect to be stationary for a long time I put the gear lever to neutral.......when wanting to move away it's foot on the brake and into drive then release the handbrake and foot brake and gently squeeze the gas pedal.

Hope you enjoy many happy miles in your Verso S :thumbsup:

Topic moved from New Member Introductions to Verso S Forum :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Due to the Tsunami I had to wait 6 months before the car was in Holland.

On January 2nd 2012 I received the car.

It is really a rare car.

In Holland I've seen up to today no more than 5 other Verso-S.

People look at the car when I pass.

It's strange.

Henk

• 5 weeks later...

Due to the Tsunami I had to wait 6 months before the car was in Holland.

On January 2nd 2012 I received the car.

It is really a rare car.

In Holland I've seen up to today no more than 5 other Verso-S.

People look at the car when I pass.

It's strange.

Henk

Welcome to TOC UK Verso S Forum Henk

Hope that you enjoy your Verso S

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Verso-S and It is beautiful to drive, very smooth and economical, I've checked with other people about their Yaris mpg and the Verso-S do more than a normal Yaris 1.33, Could you believe that! and the Verso-S is smaller! I love that car, plus is great if you have kids so they can look through the Panoramic roof and fall sleep after a few minutes!! Honestly is beautiful and comfortable!! I've done 42mpg until know and I have only done 1000 miles!!