Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Massive Thanks....

Big_Dan

Just wanted to post a quick message to say thank you to David (Tarquin) who fitted 2 puddle lights into the rear of my iQ, as well as upgrading the main light. The amount of additional light is very helpful, and they also look pretty nice as well. Although a simple mod, was done as professional as any company would have, if not better.

Thanks again David, I owe you one.

Dan

Just wanted to post a quick message to say thank you to David (Tarquin) who fitted 2 puddle lights into the rear of my iQ, as well as upgrading the main light. The amount of additional light is very helpful, and they also look pretty nice as well. Although a simple mod, was done as professional as any company would have, if not better.

Dan

Blush Blush Blush Thank you Dan we got there in the end

Photo's and pictures please.... my good Sir's....

Peter

Sorry for the quality of pics, will take a few better ones with the camera, as opposed to a rushed iPhone one!!

You get the idea though, it does ligt up the whole rear part of the car.

Dan

post-84439-0-47475600-1320764029_thumb.j

post-84439-0-42063500-1320764058_thumb.j

Dan

Hi David

That is the one bugs me. The interior light is dreadful. How much does it cost and are you local to London?

Regards

Marc

Dan

Hi David

That is the one bugs me. The interior light is dreadful. How much does it cost and are you local to London?

Regards

Marc

Hi Marc

What I did for Dan was an up-grade on the interior centre light and added 2 LED puddle lights in the rear which are fed off the centre light and work mimicking what ever setting you have your interior light switched too.

The up-grade can be in two parts, either just the centre light or both.

The Process

The original LED is very low powered and MR T use a lens to magnify it (still totally naff) I strip it down and replace it with a 3watt LED and change the resister pack to suit the extra current required.If you were having the rear ones as well then I would fit a small socket to the unit which would be used to extent to the rear.

If you just wanted the interior light modified it would be £20 if you wanted the rear add on fitted it would be another £25

I live near Romford, depends where you are in London. If you only wanted the interior light done I could do it by return of post or I have a spare new one and I could bring it and change it an a matter of mins. have a look at my postings "Boot Light" and "interior Light" shows you how to do it yourself if so inclined but also shows the difference from the standard to the new.

Where abouts do you live

David

Dan

Hi David

Regards

Marc

Hi Marc,

I see David has told you the process and cost, all I can add is some feedback as to how they are working.

It seems strange now I have the extra light, how I ever managed without it!! Just little things, looking for stuff in my bag without getting the torch on the iPhone out, strapping in my son in the pitch black mornings.. The best thing is when he says he has dropped something. The old mission of trying to reach round blindly feel for it is now gone, as I can just turn the light on and find it straight away.

Plus it does look pretty cool.

I do think even just upgrading the main light on its own would have helped a lot, but I'm glad I added the extra light into the rear.

Hope that helps

Dan

Dan

Hi David

Regards

Marc

Hi Marc

What I did for Dan was an up-grade on the interior centre light and added 2 LED puddle lights in the rear which are fed off the centre light and work mimicking what ever setting you have your interior light switched too.

The Process

The original LED is very low powered and MR T use a lens to magnify it (still totally naff) I strip it down and replace it with a 3watt LED and change the resister pack to suit the extra current required.If you were having the rear ones as well then I would fit a small socket to the unit which would be used to extent to the rear.

If you just wanted the interior light modified it would be £20 if you wanted the rear add on fitted it would be another £25

I live near Romford, depends where you are in London. If you only wanted the interior light done I could do it by return of post or I have a spare new one and I could bring it and change it an a matter of mins. have a look at my postings "Boot Light" and "interior Light" shows you how to do it yourself if so inclined but also shows the difference from the standard to the new.

Where abouts do you live

David

Thanks David

I would be very interested in you changing the main light for me, but you must be selling yourself short, as it does not seem that much. I live near Twickenham, but don't mind driving down to you.

Do leave the existing light fitting in place and just change the LED build etc to 3 watt? And I presume it would still switch on when I walk up to it with the keyless entry?

Regards

Marc

Dan

Hi David

Regards

Marc

Hi Marc

The Process

Where abouts do you live

David

Thanks David

I would be very interested in you changing the main light for me, but you must be selling yourself short, as it does not seem that much. I live near Twickenham, but don't mind driving down to you.

Do leave the existing light fitting in place and just change the LED build etc to 3 watt? And I presume it would still switch on when I walk up to it with the keyless entry?

Regards

Marc

Hi Mark

I have answered in the other thread but no worry

The original light pops out and you can either post it to me and I will turn it around in a day. and you simply pop it back in. or I can pre-prepare a new one and meet you and swap them. I dont mind meeting you but the swap process takes about 20 seconds. If you wanted rear lights as well,which are very discrete, then I could fit them. Takes about an hour. If you wanted to try the original light only for now then you will have to make up your mind if you want the rear ones later because I have to add an extension socket to it.

The light looks the same ( no difference) except a lot brighter. It works exactly the same, switches the same. and if switched to door mode, comes on when you approach the car, which I think is a great feature.

PM me for private email and contact details

David