Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Discs And Pads

yashar

Hi everybody

I need to replace front discs and pads, and there are few places i can get them and replace them by myself Toyota quated me £230 for replacing them i have price for part from Toyota for £160 ish for all and from Toyota direct parts "toyotadirectparts.co.uk" for £114 and from eBay £90 !!!! which one you guys use and recommend??? i also don't want to effect my extended warranty

Thanks very much

Hi everybody

I need to replace front discs and pads, and there are few places i can get them and replace them by myself Toyota quated me £230 for replacing them i have price for part from Toyota for £160 ish for all and from Toyota direct parts "toyotadirectparts.co.uk" for £114 and from eBay £90 !!!! which one you guys use and recommend??? i also don't want to effect my extended warranty

Thanks very much

I wouldn't go for the Toyota parts when it comes to discs and pads. Take a look at the MTEC discs and pads as they are miles better than the original Bosch ones. You can get the disc drilled and groved or drilled or dippled for the same price as a flat disc. The black addition (That I have) look the dogs with the drilled and groved. Lots of us on here have gone for the Irish MTEC as they stop the car where you want it and as as cheap as chips. If you speak to the lovely Claire there you might get a discount if you mention TOC. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hi everybody

Thanks very much

I wouldn't go for the Toyota parts when it comes to discs and pads. Take a look at the MTEC discs and pads as they are miles better than the original Bosch ones. You can get the disc drilled and groved or drilled or dippled for the same price as a flat disc. The black addition (That I have) look the dogs with the drilled and groved. Lots of us on here have gone for the Irish MTEC as they stop the car where you want it and as as cheap as chips. If you speak to the lovely Claire there you might get a discount if you mention TOC. :thumbsup:

Many thanks for your advice but if i use none toyota brand is it affect or void my warranty as they said i should use toyota approved parts ???

If you want genuine parts (which are perfectly good enough) then PM me your car details, chassis number etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi everybody

Thanks very much

Many thanks for your advice but if i use none toyota brand is it affect or void my warranty as they said i should use toyota approved parts ???

If your car is within the manufactures warranty then I'd be inclined to stick original Toyota. Member "Kingo" (Parts-King) on here is best place to give you the stance on where Mr T is on this as he is part of a very good main dealer and sells some fantastic diesel tunning boxes! I bet I still dont get my free golf ball for plugging his box again! Lol :rolleyes::thumbsup:

• Like 1

<<<Gets on the web-looking for cheap balls) :D:

• Like 1

Toyota class discs & pads as consumables.

As long as the replacements are of equivalent or better quality to the oem then within the EU they can't complain.

I'm running MTEC discs with Ferodo pads on my Avensis & they definitely stop the car better than the oem setup.

My REAR pads are due replacement after only 30k, which makes me believe there is a problem, but also makes me think that they must be made from butter or some form of low fat spread, so when I replace mine (probably new year now) I will be getting some Ferodo pads. Used them in the past and they are very good pads.

I replaced my rear pads and discs at 29k by Toyota but now the discs looks so bad and the surface is so rough and grooved only after 12k so i prefer to use MTEC as most member recommend and used, but my only concern is warranty!!!!!

but my only concern is warranty!!!!!

Toyota only warranty their own discs for 12 months & as I already stated under EU competition laws as long as the replacements meet oem standards Toyota can't invalidate your overall warranty (same as you don't have to have your car serviced by a Toyota franchise).

Hi everybody

Thanks very much

Would you tell me where should i ring to order them please???

What part of the world are you in?

That will help us to google your local parts centre on your behalf, and if you ask nicely we might chip in and buy them for you too?

What part of the world are you in?

That will help us to google your local parts centre on your behalf, and if you ask nicely we might chip in and buy them for you too?

I know how to find it obviously but because "Mistermena" said if i mention TOC I may get a discount I asked for retailer, thanks for your offer anyway :toast:

If you go onto the MTEC web site there will be a number that you can call. Here it is...

Freephone: 0800 410 1910

Email: info@mtecbrakes.co.uk

Opening Times:

8am - 6.00pm Monday - Thursday / 8am - 4.30pm Friday

9am - 2pm Saturday

• Like 1

I don't know about the 1.4 but the 2.0 D4D can be fitted with (at least) two different types of brake capliper, you might want to check up on that before ordering so you are supplied with the correct brake pads.

I got a set of grooved/drilled discs and Mintex pads from MTEC recently, I can't vouch for the longevity of the discs as I've only just fitted them, but the service was good, and they delivered quickly. The wrong rear pads were supplied, they changed them and refunded my postage to send them back and sent correct pads next day delivery. Mistake made but recified immediately without any fuss at all. I'd definitely buy from them again based on service. The price was good, and so far can't fault the performance of the brakes.

• Like 1

Yep, I have no problem recommending Mtec either, as my previous car was fitted with slotted rear discs & Mintex pads. The difference was very noticeable, with a much more responsive feel & better stopping power. I guess HEL braided hoses do help as well though !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links