Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding 2 Stroke Oil To Diesel

jedi134

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieFarlie

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• jedi134

Yes Mate I think they did.. Lots of stuff like injectors Catalytic converter ect ect was done along with the engine..

Wee Charlie.

is that better than filtered red diesel, I try and add some cerosine to my mix, old fashion heating oil, runs great

kerosene is recommended to prevent origination of a flakes due to temp below zero or up to +3C

1 : 20 ratio is good enough to prevent filter blocking.

cheers

I think you will find diesel fuel in the uk has an additive in it to protect it from waxing down -19c.common rail diesel engine are less likly to suffer from waxing and blocking filters than earlier injection pump types,though the spill pipes on later version fed back into the filter to put a bit of temp into it.

Older diesel vehicles and even modern diesels made for use in really cold conditions have heaters in their fuel filters.

My son drives a 1994 Clio diesel and the filter has a preheater.

Older diesel vehicles and even modern diesels made for use in really cold conditions have heaters in their fuel filters.

My son drives a 1994 Clio diesel and the filter has a preheater.

also in cold climates they have cylinder block coolant heaters.

Thats good, no stone left unturned then :thumbsup:

Yes bang on Mate !!! One thing is absolutely for sure though the only thing I'm putting in My tank is Diesel... No way would I want to inflict damage to the new engine or any associated parts !!!!

There has to be a risk involved in doing so and why take that risk ?? !!!

Wee Charlie.

4.3s circulate that much diesel that it has to be cooled in a radiator under the floor on its way back to the tank.

4.3s circulate that much diesel that it has to be cooled in a radiator under the floor on its way back to the tank.

Usual these days, methinks, Ancs. Both our GV and 206 have this.

And, yes, both get diesel and only diesel and never miss a beat

Mike D

Only right if thats suits you and makes you happy Mike :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for some (yep including me :) ) enough is never enough and I`m not happy until I`ve put summat extra in the tank, maybe a remnant of the old diesels I`ve had that would run on owt and needed a bit help :lol:

Only right if thats suits you and makes you happy Mike :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for some (yep including me :) ) enough is never enough and I`m not happy until I`ve put summat extra in the tank, maybe a remnant of the old diesels I`ve had that would run on owt and needed a bit help :lol:

That idea is fine until something goes wrong..... Old school Pre common rail diesels would stand all manner of crap through them.. Including chip fat...

The modern Common rail engines will not tolerate a lot of this crap...

Therefore I believe its a little irresponsible to advise putting any additive unless it has been extensively tested into the tank of Your cars... Hands up the Petrochemists among Us ?????????? What none ???? Thought not ...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Therefore I believe its a little irresponsible to advise putting any additive unless it has been extensively tested into the tank of Your cars...

Whoa hold on there matey your getting a bit cheeky, I`ve said I use additives and will continue to but its up to the individual concerned if they choose to use them.

There are literally hundreds of 1000s using any number of additives all over the world don`t you think if there was even the slightest problem it would be splashed up all over the internet forums ?

For example there are loads of recorded problems from using supermarket diesel, do you use that ?

Therefore I believe its a little irresponsible to advise putting any additive unless it has been extensively tested into the tank of Your cars...

Whoa hold on there matey your getting a bit cheeky, I`ve said I use additives and will continue to but its up to the individual concerned if they choose to use them.

There are literally hundreds of 1000s using any number of additives all over the world don`t you think if there was even the slightest problem it would be splashed up all over the internet forums ?

For example there are loads of recorded problems from using supermarket diesel, do you use that ?

Cheeky Me ?? Define Cheeky ?? I simply said putting untested additives into a car or advising someone else to do so is is irresponsible and I stand by that !!

My point if You care to read is that I would not use or promote the use of any additive that has not been properly tested. Putting two stroke oil into the tank of a diesel car must surely fall into this category .....

Wee Charlie.

My point if You care to read is that I would not use or promote the use of any additive that has not been properly tested. Putting two stroke oil into the tank of a diesel car must surely fall into this category .....

Stand by what you want WC but I`ve not advised anyone only said I`ve used TS :rolleyes:

Stand by what you want WC but I`ve not advised anyone only said I`ve used TS :rolleyes:

Its a personal choice at the end of the day as it comes to most things. I've used Millers diesel clean for over 20 years and believe that it has helped to maintain my fuel system. The only thing I'd avoid is Slick 50 as it has PTFE in it. I understand that the company has multi million $ laws suits filed against it. I think that 244 does make a difference and I've read a report on it somewhere where a study has been done. When I get time I'm going to see if I can find it. I wish I could do that now but I have to get on the motorway to take my daughter to a Evanescense concert in Birmingham.

The only thing I'd avoid is Slick 50 as it has PTFE in it. I understand that the company has multi million $ laws suits filed against it.

I have to get on the motorway to take my daughter to a Evanescense concert in Birmingham.

Slightly different because the law suits are against `Slick 50` oil additive.

Are you not seeing Evanescense too ? I`m quite partial to them :)

http://www.evanescence.com/

With most over the counter additives they will have been exhaustively tested in laboratories and in use.. Therefore as with the apparent Slick 50 scenario You have someone to sue if things go wrong.... But consider trying to sue a company of that size ? Not for the faint hearted....

With today's very highly complex fully synthetic oils and Fuels like Vpower I truly cant see the need to add anything to the tank. As said above.. Todays TDCI and most common rail technology engines will not tolerate many of the stuff like Veg oils that old school diesels would and would stand them without any damage taking place..

I do believe there are very good reasons for using quality fuels like Vpower and the like and with My regular long haul trips I have proved to Myself that the car does genuinely go farther on the same amount of fuel when using it

Additives ?? Personally I believe its the placebo effect !! But so long as they are tried and tested and will in NO way cause damage well its Your money.... As for adding two stroke oil ???? No.. No way... :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Looks like I'm the guinea pig then, I've just stuck 250ml of tescos finest in a tank full of sainsburys low sulpher, poo poo diesel.

4.2 ravs are built like tanks. ;-)

Its nowt new, 2 stroke oil has been used in diesel for years there are 44 pages of posts on using two stroke oil in this one forum alone only.

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic878.html?highlight=two+stroke

Isn`t well tested ! :lol:

WC

As I`ve already said if there had been problems don`t you think they would`ve been flagged up before now.

Its obviously your choice to use or not but your rubbishing things you`ve no knowledge of, its only !Removed! light oil meant to burn (like diesel)

I see it as extra lubrication, you've got the benefits of 2 stroke lubing technology in a 4 stroke engine.

As for soot, smoke, particles etc......... What do you expect its a diesel. :-)

Its nowt new, 2 stroke oil has been used in diesel for years there are 44 pages of posts on using two stroke oil in this one forum alone only.

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic878.html?highlight=two+stroke

Isn`t well tested ! :lol:

WC

As I`ve already said if there had been problems don`t you think they would`ve been flagged up before now.

Its obviously your choice to use or not but your rubbishing things you`ve no knowledge of, its only !Removed! light oil meant to burn (like diesel)

Rubbishing ?? Where ??? I said I would not use it that's all !! How many Petrochemists were in that 44 pages of experts ??? It doesn't matter how many Years folk have been putting two stroke oil in there cars .. Its the modern diesel engine with its complex and delicate pump seals that I'm reffering to. not old smokers

Show Me one page of credible testing on the subject of adding 2st Oil to a diesel ? None ??? Thought not

Or are We reliant on internet posters with no idea ??? Ha Ha thought so......

Wee Charlie.

I see it as extra lubrication, you've got the benefits of 2 stroke lubing technology in a 4 stroke engine.

As for soot, smoke, particles etc......... What do you expect its a diesel. :-)

So if the extra lubrication produces particles of soot and causes smoke that's OK ?? Just so You can feel justified in putting in extra lubrication that the engine did not need in the first place ???

Added to which do You know for sure that the by products in your soot and smoke are not going to limit the life of either DPFs or Catalytic Converters ?

Do You know absolutely for sure ? Or are You influenced by folk who just throw the stuff in cos they read it on the net ??

Modern Diesel engines do not need any additives that are not already in either the oils or fuels..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Show Me one page of credible testing on the subject of adding 2st Oil to a diesel ?

Why should I do any thing for you ? what would it achieve ?

I don`t have anything to prove or disprove apart from the fact that there are many 1000s of people worldwide are using Two Stroke oil in their diesel without issue.

Quite what you are making a song and dance about I don`t know, you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about additives and doesn`t excuse why you called me `irresponsible`

Modern Diesel engines do not need any additives that are not already in either the oils or fuels.....

So your a `Petrochemist` eh ? :lol:

Show Me one page of credible testing on the subject of adding 2st Oil to a diesel ?

Why should I do any thing for you ? what would it achieve ?

I don`t have anything to prove or disprove apart from the fact that there are many 1000s of people worldwide are using Two Stroke oil in their diesel without issue.

Quite what you are making a song and dance about I don`t know, you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about additives and doesn`t excuse why you called me `irresponsible`

Its a discussion ?? Thats all.. You really do need to read ? I said Anyone advising putting additives that are untested is irresponsible. Not You ......

I'm not making a song and dance . I thought We were having an interesting debate ... Lighten up Wee Man..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: