Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adding 2 Stroke Oil To Diesel

jedi134

Modern Diesel engines do not need any additives that are not already in either the oils or fuels.....

So your a `Petrochemist` eh ? :lol:

No But then Im not advising putting stuff into the tank on the basis Im not qualified .....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieFarlie

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• jedi134

Its a discussion ?? Thats all.. You really do need to read ? I said Anyone advising putting additives that are untested is irresponsible. Not You ......

I'm not making a song and dance . I thought We were having an interesting debate ... Lighten up Wee Man..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You really need to change your attitude and pack in the names matey :ffs:

Modern Diesel engines do not need any additives that are not already in either the oils or fuels.....

So your a `Petrochemist` eh ? :lol:

No But then Im not advising putting stuff into the tank on the basis Im not qualified .....

You really need to read !!! I haven`t either

And thats my lot to you because I dunno if you deliberately trying to provoke but your getting right on my nips. :ffs:

Has anyone tried the other super diesels, e.g. the Total Excellenium and the BP one?

I've only tried V-Power, but is it right V-Power is the only semi-synth fuel, the other ones supposedly are just normal mineral diesel just with different additives in them...?

Its a discussion ?? Thats all.. You really do need to read ? I said Anyone advising putting additives that are untested is irresponsible. Not You ......

I'm not making a song and dance . I thought We were having an interesting debate ... Lighten up Wee Man..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whats up Wee Man ?? surely You arent getting all waspy because You argument is failing ?? We were as far as I'm concerned having a reasonable debate as to the merits of putting two stroke oil into a diesel tank...

I have tried to present an argument based on why I would not do so.. I value the DPFs integrity and don't want to risk poisoning the very expensive catalytic converter especially as doing so would give no appreciable gains and would likely be a waste of expensive 2ST oil.....

Wee Charlie

PS what are nips ???................. :rolleyes:

I've tried all super fuels and see no noticable benifit from any......wouldnt suprise me if they just stick 2 stroke in it. Has anyone ever done a fuel spec check?

There are many cars that burn over 1 liter of oil ever 1k miles. In their manuals it says this is normal lol!!!.

So 250ml every now and then ain't going to make the o zone layer bigger in my opinion.

I've tried all super fuels and see no noticable benifit from any......wouldnt suprise me if they just stick 2 stroke in it. Has anyone ever done a fuel spec check?

There are many cars that burn over 1 liter of oil ever 1k miles. In their manuals it says this is normal lol!!!.

So 250ml every now and then ain't going to make the o zone layer bigger in my opinion.

Mate. On long journeys I get better MPG when running Vpower Diesel... If I didn't I wouldn't put it in ! As for the Ozone layer. Cows F....F....Far....... Well You know ! do more damage to the Ozone layer than cars can ever do...

Wee Charlie.

The only thing I'd avoid is Slick 50 as it has PTFE in it. I understand that the company has multi million $ laws suits filed against it.

I have to get on the motorway to take my daughter to a Evanescense concert in Birmingham.

Slightly different because the law suits are against `Slick 50` oil additive.

Are you not seeing Evanescense too ? I`m quite partial to them :)

http://www.evanescence.com/

I should have said Slick 50 oil additive. Yer I took my 12 year old daughter to see them because all I hear is how wonderful Amy Lee is! Lol... I wish I'd never introduced her to my taste in music :!Removed!:

Whats up Wee Man ?? surely You arent getting all waspy because You argument is failing ?? We were as far as I'm concerned having a reasonable debate as to the merits of putting two stroke oil into a diesel tank...

I have tried to present an argument based on why I would not do so.. I value the DPFs integrity and don't want to risk poisoning the very expensive catalytic converter especially as doing so would give no appreciable gains and would likely be a waste of expensive 2ST oil.....

Wee Charlie

....metered doses of excisable licquor, usually decreasing in volume the further south of Gretna that one is daft enough to travel and order in a hostelry....?

Quarter Gill :yahoo:

Lets not get too emotive on this one guys. :thumbsup:

I don't get emotive ...................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

Wee Charlie

....metered doses of excisable licquor, usually decreasing in volume the further south of Gretna that one is daft enough to travel and order in a hostelry....?

Quarter Gill :yahoo:

I used to go out with Gill.. CCCooorrrrrrr..... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wee Charlie.

To add to the argument my 2.2 diesel rav4 uses that much oil I'm sure the DPF must be full, I complained to Toyota but they said it's not using enough, But I know they did something about, it on the newer models different rings etc?? I have a workmate with a newer model than mine and he does not use much oilat all, So adding a bit of 2 stoke won't make any difference, Toyota told me at 600c the particles turn to ash and are chucked into the atmosphere so I should not be concerened, I do about 8,000 miles per year and use about 4 litres topping up I once forgot to check and the low oil light came on, I don't think anyone would stick 4litres of 2 stroke into there tank

Wrong in this case Kev its `nips` as in nipples as on !Removed! ! :lol:

To add to the argument my 2.2 diesel rav4 uses that much oil I'm sure the DPF must be full, I complained to Toyota but they said it's not using enough, But I know they did something about, it on the newer models different rings etc?? I have a workmate with a newer model than mine and he does not use much oilat all, So adding a bit of 2 stoke won't make any difference, Toyota told me at 600c the particles turn to ash and are chucked into the atmosphere so I should not be concerened, I do about 8,000 miles per year and use about 4 litres topping up I once forgot to check and the low oil light came on, I don't think anyone would stick 4litres of 2 stroke into there tank

Firstly.... Two stroke oil burns in a different way to four stroke oil.. Its by products therefore are different to those produced by four stroke oil.

Two stroke oil is put into petrol to lubricate the combustion areas and the engine internals as these engines have no sumps...

Two stroke oil is designed to lubricate Not to be burnt.

Putting to much two stroke oil into the fuel will result in it Not being burnt and it will exit the exhaust and leave gummy / sticky deposits... So surely this will find its way into the DPFs when put into an engine that it was never supposed to go into in the first place ??

Any oil in any form has the potential to poison the Catalytic converter. Or help to fill the DPF..

A large part of the reason Toyota are replacing engines with excessive oil consumption is because if the engines are left alone the DPFs will fill rapidly and the Catalytic converters will cease to function properly..

4 litres of oil in 8000 miles is outside the parameters set by Toyota when considering an engine replacement.Your engine would need to burn more oil per thousand miles to qualify.

Oil burning whether through normal use or adding to fuel is detrimental to the DPFs and Cat converters.

This Is why I say Personaly I will not do it to a modern diesel engine that is fitted with a DPF...

Wee Charlie.

But the origional topic was basically will it do any harm/has anyone tried it??

So if the fox`s rav is burning 4Liters of oil in 8k miles (i`m sure there are many more vehicles doing the same) this will be more damaging to the DPF than the odd 250ml of 2 stroke in the fuel without a doubt its a no brainer :yes:

But Toyota are not worried about this consumption as it falls outside their parameters, so in my opinion a bit of 2 stroke aint gona make much difference to the DPF.

I have to say however if I just had a brand new engine installed, I dont think I would be putting anything into the tank either. But I really like this idea of the 2 stroke in the fuel, makes me feel better knowing theres some lube in there doing its stuff, Just like the guys running Super fuels, im sure you all feel better knowing there is some mystery additive that has no name doing its stuff :yes:

O and to the Fox, I would not be happy one bit with that sort of oil consumption. Might be worth sucking some out next time you go for a check ;)

When a car burns oil, it's usually considered a bad thing. While four-stroke engines use oil over and over again until its changed every 10,000 miles, the oil in a two-stroke engine is mixed with fuel to lubricate internal parts, and is therefore consumed in the combustion process. That's why it's so important that two-stroke oil be designed to burn more cleanly than four-stroke oil. An oil which didn't burn cleanly could leave deposits in your engine.

Modern Two Stroke oils are designed to burn cleanly and completely ashless.

I must admit to being a little bemused by this thread, probably from my lack of knowledge, but I always thought two stroke oil went into petrol engines for lube purposes and was burnt off in the combustion process, two stroke oil in diesel? would it actually be burnt off due to the different combustion process?

I think I will stick to oil in the sump and diesel in the tank :thumbsup:

Gus

I must admit to being a little bemused by this thread, probably from my lack of knowledge, but I always thought two stroke oil went into petrol engines for lube purposes and was burnt off in the combustion process

Did you know you can get two stroke diesel engines Gus ?

http://www.howstuffworks.com/diesel-two-stroke.htm

Wow! this thread is getting quit heated. I'm having a good Google search about 2 stroke oil in derv to see what I can find on the net. I think I have found some info on BG244 (As I said I'd do) that might be of interest to some. This is a link http://www.fueltechexperts.com/

But I'm sure I've seen another report somewhere. Lots of forums like the Honda/VW ect seem to have the same views/concerns that we have on here. My search continues! :blink:

But I'm sure I've seen another report somewhere. Lots of forums like the Honda/VW ect seem to have the same views/concerns that we have on here. My search continues! :blink:

Its nowt new theres plenty out there to read, done my `research` over 5yrs ago :)

Like I stated before With a good brand off filtered red, or cheap Kerosine (cheap heating oil) adding a bit of 2 stroke won't make any difference to the DPF, Any dash down the motorway or getting it to 600c will burn any deposits away, You can always make the vehicle do a self clean anyway but think it revs it's head off for about 4mins, And I should point out I used to use Shell helix ultra on the old RAV but it burnt more than the 4 litres, I now use Morrissons own brand but I think it's made by Texaco or similar can't remember, But it is slighty thicker, But what did Toyota do too a 2008 model 2.2 different to my 2006 2.2 to make it use a lot less oil, and were does my 4 litres go, It used to smoke when booting it, but I have blanked the EGR valve off completely runs better no smoke, no matter how hard I boot it, even with the heating oil

Its nowt new theres plenty out there to read, done my `research` over 5yrs ago :)

All this reading is giving me a headache! Lol... So much out there to look at. :unsure:

All this reading is giving me a headache! Lol... So much out there to look at. :unsure:

I think you`ll find that theres not much negativity from those who have actually used the stuff.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links