Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris D4D 2008 57 Plate Tr Model

choudhrysuk

Good luck - perhaps the service will find a filter needing changed, but mine was checked & no fault found. It just seems to be the 'over-safe' mapping that Toyota have used for this engine. It's the most restricted feeling engine in 1st gear I've ever driven - probably a mixture of deliberate mapping to deter torque-steer & a very restricitve exhaust system. It is very smooth & quiet though.

The reason why the engine doesn't seem that powerful is because torque is widely spread over the whole rev range. If you have ever driven a DERV from the VW stable you would be surprised how punchy they are compared to our Toyotas. Incidently my Fabia VRS was 200 bhp 320ft/ft.lbs torque and no matter how hard it was driven it always was above 40mpg, normally driven it would return 46mpg -52mpg.

Subtle hint guys,ditch the auris and buy a vw,I won't be heading back to Toyota stable that's for sure.

35 a gallon I wish.I'm currently getting about 27 to 28 using some Asda diesel in my SR180 and thats with a clean egr and ecu reset.Been thinking of chipping mine for a while now might have to have closer look as what to get.Think I'll run some v-power through the next couple of tanks.

Good luck - perhaps the service will find a filter needing changed, but mine was checked & no fault found. It just seems to be the 'over-safe' mapping that Toyota have used for this engine. It's the most restricted feeling engine in 1st gear I've ever driven - probably a mixture of deliberate mapping to deter torque-steer & a very restricitve exhaust system. It is very smooth & quiet though.

The reason why the engine doesn't seem that powerful is because torque is widely spread over the whole rev range. If you have ever driven a DERV from the VW stable you would be surprised how punchy they are compared to our Toyotas. Incidently my Fabia VRS was 200 bhp 320ft/ft.lbs torque and no matter how hard it was driven it always was above 40mpg, normally driven it would return 46mpg -52mpg.

I had an Audi A4 Tdi for nearly 2 years & was returning 51 MPG average. So I know exactly what they're like. In the first 2 gears, that Tdi 130 would blow the doors off the Auris, but after that the SR would waltz away - that's the difference. You can actually feel the resistance in the response when you accelerate with the Toyota. It really does feel like the engineers have deliberately mapped it to reduce any chance of wheelspin or torque-steer in 1st & 2nd. Then all of a sudden from 3rd gear onwards, it pulls like a train with the power you'd expect from a supposed 175 bhp - 295 lb/ft of torque. I believe this set-up is what's killing people's chances of decent MPG figures. Toyota should admit that it's poorer than it could be efficency-wise & offer an updated map download for free. That would make for much happier customers & more brand loyalty. Just my tuppence-worth . . . . :)

35 a gallon I wish.I'm currently getting about 27 to 28 using some Asda diesel in my SR180 and thats with a clean egr and ecu reset.Been thinking of chipping mine for a while now might have to have closer look as what to get.Think I'll run some v-power through the next couple of tanks.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I go rid of it with 12 months mot and tax. I will never ever buy another Toyota.

I can never understand this view, that car could of had a very hard life or just been a lemon. If you have had trouble with the other 200 million vehicles produced it would be a fair point ;)

you just got yourself a lemon, it's just bad luck. all manufacturers have some that do not quite live up to the brand's expectations. i am not biased towards toyota but even the most reliable brands such as Honda and Lexus have their fair share of problems too. they are up on top of the tree because their proportion of inferior cars are less than the other manufacturers. it does not mean they are completely problem free.

This is what happened to us, when we first got the T180 40-42 was average and we managed 45 on a run and was like this for around 10 months but all of a sudden the mpg started to drop and when the car only returned 34mpg on a 220mile A1 drive I had it back to Toyota. No faults were found and after the car was taken by Toyota head office I got a report that said our driving style and poor diesel (supermarket) was to blame, next 5 tanks were then shells finest but no difference and then 4 months later when the same journeys of a year ago we was getting 40-42 were now giving 28mpg the car had to go. I drove 120miles to fetch the new car (Honda) and still only got 32mpg but will say I do now know it is not our driving style as Honda quote 64mpg extra urban and we have achieved 60mpg many times and I even returned 62mpg one evening driving though Nottingham town centre.

I find it very wired how some give good mpg and others don't but imo I come to the conclusion that as my foot was light the only way out the diesel tank was the dpf so I suspect the dpf was on its way out.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I have had my 2007 2.0L D-4D Auris T spirit for just over a year.

Serviced it once and apart from that no other costs.

I dont drive like a girl and I get about 48mpg.

I was thinking of getting one of the diesel chips to boost power and economy ( really???)but decided against it. I have read of quite a few reports where the chip can cause significant problems over time with the high pressure pump and injectors.

If I want more power ( and less noise) I will go back to petrol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links