Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are The Best Tyres For Avensis Motorway Driving ?

jumbojake

My 2004 D-D4 needs some new boots.... (205/55R16V) ... previous ones were Avons which have been ok, but a bit noisy and only managed 30k out of them.

I do a lot of motorway driving and am interested in quiet drive, safe wet braking and of course good wear out of them

I'm thinking of Michelin Primacy HP .... but it's quite an investment .... any thoughts on these or alternatives?

If you go onto google and take a look at http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

That will give you all results of summer and winter tyre reviews. I've just bought some Goodyear UltraGrip 8 for this winter. But most winter tyres are in very short supply as its law in Europe to have them. Camskills is where I got mine from.

• 4 weeks later...

I had firestone tz200 fitted on 3 wheels. fronts got an advisory in the mot (2.5 mm) after 20,000 miles. rear likewise with an advisory after 40,000 miles. I have replaced all 3 with Uniroyal RainExpert. What i have noticed is that the road noise is less. As for time they will last - well i will have to come back in 2 years or more....

i too looked at the http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk before making my decision. For £69/each from Half**ds thought they were a good purchase

Continental EcoContact 3 (Or the new 5's!) should be pretty good; Low rolling resistance and longer lasting due to the harder rubber compound, but they still have excellent performance in the wet and under braking and are pretty quiet :)

Have these (Well, the 3's; 5's weren't out yet when I got mine!) on my Yaris and can recommend them :)

They also seem to be the least expensive of the premium manufacturer LRR compound tyres which is a plus :)

I'm a bit scared that you will all laugh at me but......I've stuck with Bridgestones since buying the car on the basis that Toyota fitted them as original equipment for a reason. Other than being useless in the snow I am very happy with them - especially 'buy 4 pay for 3' deals. Mind you I am probably bit biased as I have been running Bridgestones on my bike for years and they're awesome on the road but can't cope with the track.

I have just replaced my front 2 Brigestone Turanzas with Neutron NT 5000.... wonder what they are going to be like....