Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Baby's Been Hit...again

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Yeah lol that handbrake can get annoying, the Passats have them too. But it's a dream in traffic!

As for the clutch and brake before starting the brake I cannot understand (unless it's auto) but I think the new cars get you to press the clutch so the starter motor has less strain?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

• CorollaD4D

• oldcodger

• Lorna2

Hi all

Just rang the insurance people to :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: , reminded them i dropped the car off initially on the 01/12/11, viewed it on the 07/12/11 and noticed a major colour difference as the bumper came from Toyota pre-coloured 1c0 and hadn't been blown in and i was told to allow them 2/3 days to fix it...rang them again on the 14/12 to be told the completion date was the 15/12...no news...so rang them today to be told the completion date has been moved to the 17/12 as they are finding it VERY DIFFICULT to match the paint!!! I recon 17 days is a bit much for a front bumper, but then i also know 1c0 is a :ffs: to match, so now i don't know anymore, IF it comes out top in the end then it would've been worth the wait i suppose! With the weather changing daily its worrying as to how she will hold up with a fresh paint job! :crybaby:

is quite a while but at least there not wasting your time telling you to go get it when its not perfect trust me this is even more annoying than waiting, good things come to those who wait lol :thumbsup: just think of it as an early christmas present when its done :yahoo:

is quite a while but at least there not wasting your time telling you to go get it when its not perfect trust me this is even more annoying than waiting, good things come to those who wait lol :thumbsup: just think of it as an early christmas present when its done :yahoo:

True say Mr-P, thank you for that, if i remember correctly your pride n joy sadly went through some repair recenlty, hows she bearing up since? They say it can take a year(s) before you find out how well the job was done, well i hope yours has been restored to your satisfaction or even better than she was before :thumbsup:

Bet they won't get it spot on anyway not many people can.

My old mans carina a few years back went back to Toyota four times after he had a bang and they still could not get it right.

That is a long wait. Seems they could do with keeping in touch with you to keep you updated, especially when they change dates.Hopefuly it'll be all done and ready for you on Saturday :)

My old mans carina a few years back went back to Toyota four times after he had a bang and they still could not get it right.

You maybe right Eddie, but then you maybe wrong, whatever the case i'm bringing her home regardless and ain't going back, can't be dealing with that sort of STRESS, so we'll see how it goes, but true say Lorna2...you would think THEY should keep me updated...makes me wonder if the insurance company are even botherd as it must be costing them more the longer i have their hire car :wacko:

You maybe right Eddie, but then you maybe wrong, whatever the case i'm bringing her home regardless and ain't going back, can't be dealing with that sort of STRESS, so we'll see how it goes, but true say Lorna2...you would think THEY should keep me updated...makes me wonder if the insurance company are even botherd as it must be costing them more the longer i have their hire car :wacko:

I hope they do get it right.

You could have a happier xmas best of luck :thumbsup:

but then i also know 1c0 is a :ffs: to match

i don't often disagree with you sam but if my guy can match it up perfect i don't see why a dealership can't do the same. when it's blown in properly and gradually brought in you can get it bang on. it's not as difficult as some of the other metallics out there. i'm pretty sure i've posted up about which parts of my car have been sprayed. if not i think you'd be hard pressed to tell me where it has been painted...

but then i also know 1c0 is a :ffs: to match

i don't often disagree with you sam but if my guy can match it up perfect i don't see why a dealership can't do the same. when it's blown in properly and gradually brought in you can get it bang on. it's not as difficult as some of the other metallics out there. i'm pretty sure i've posted up about which parts of my car have been sprayed. if not i think you'd be hard pressed to tell me where it has been painted...

True say mate, its all about time and technique, and 99% prep, i've heard nothing as yet, my other half says no news is good news, i could have sprayed a whole car in this much time lol! Anyway, fingers crossed, thanks all. :thumbsup:

On the subject of colour matching I often notice that many new cars have slightly (and sometimes not so slightly) "darker" plastic front and rear bumpers. Very noticeable if the light is just right to highlight the effect. I always assumed it was because those parts are probably painted off the car probably at another location and that darker is better when a known mismatch will happen. If they were lighter it would look awful.

Hope yours is getting sorted...

About 4 years ago I was unfortunate enough to suffer similar damage to my T-Sport. Just damage to the plastic bumper at the corner, about the size of a large saucer. No other damage. I had a new bumper fitted by Honda and they said they could order the part, spray it up, and then just fit it as and when suited me and that it would only take a couple of hours. And that's what happened, they used the paint code from the vin plate and it was a good match. It was slightly darker than the body colour (but so too the was the original rear) and all in all it was pretty good. I often notice now just how much darker the bumpers are on many cars of different makes when you look closely.

Ditto that ...

Cannot believe they have taken over 3 weeks to spray a bumper !

Over 3 weeks does seem a very long time :blink: especially when there's someone on the Yaris thread with a new Yaris which got damaged but was fixed really quickly. I don't know why they're taking so long to repair the bumper

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links