Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Rubber Does Everyone Use?

ryan corolla

hey, Just a random thread to see what rubber everyone used and why, could help others choose their's in the future??

Ive got a 55 plate Corolla T sport, its on avon ZV5 all round, why?? well when I brought it, it had them on with the front two needed to be changed so I replaced them for Avons as I like my car to have all four corners the same :D:D

Ryan

I wondered why the GF wasnt best pleased when I got the Avon out?? ;s

could be, getting back on topic though, what tires are people running??

Ryan

Avon ZV3's

Dunlop Sport maxx, but not really happy about them.

Too much noise inside the car, and not as grippy as they say imo.

Grtz

Got uniroyals on mine. Very good in wet and pretty damn good in the dry 2. For the price there very good.

Notice good not excellent :)

I've got Michelin at the moment.

I did have goodyear Eagle F1's and they were extremely grippy in the wet and dry.

ive got Bridgestone turanza's all round on mine and cannot say anything bad about them, think they may even be oe fit iirc? good all round grip and am yet to find their limits and they dont wear to bad either, my front lefts just about gone after about 14000 miles(that ive put on it they were about 1/2 worn when i got the car), damn roundabouts keep jumping out in front of me lol. not so good in the snow though! they are going to be replaced with toyo proxes or dunlop sp sports as soon as they finally run out :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Are the Avon ZV5s any good? ive not really had the opportunity to find out, there seems to be slight understeer where i have had slight chances to use it,

The uniroyals you mention and they the rainsport 2s?? I had them on my seicento abarth they were very good, never found their limit.

ryan

Rainsport 2's yes. Good for the price. I would have gone for neros but couldn't afford them at the time :)

what size tires have you got?? I couldnt get them for my car, or at least I couldnt find them

Ryan

what size tires have you got?? I couldnt get them for my car, or at least I couldnt find them

Ryan

If this is for me the rainsports i got are 215/45. They're 17" aswell.

In fairness though i got the from the ppl who fit them kwikly, and i did look a while ago and it seems they don't do them anymore.

In fairness though i got the from the ppl who fit them kwikly, and i did look a while ago and it seems they don't do them anymore.

have you got the supercharged corolla with that sizes tire? they were the first tire I looked for when replacing mine but couldnt find them, plus the factory always seems to be on back order, they are conti's in disguise :)

Ryan

have you got the supercharged corolla with that sizes tire? they were the first tire I looked for when replacing mine but couldnt find them, plus the factory always seems to be on back order, they are conti's in disguise :)

Ryan

I now run a set of GT Radial Champiro HPX in the size 225/45/R17 and I have to say i've been really impressed. Speedo is now spot on accurate with my satnav, tyre noise is good, grip & handling improved immeasurably over the Pirelli P6000's (205/55/16) that came off.

Oh and the best thing is, that the tyres have really solid shoulders - that are so solid they prevent me scraping the edge of the alloys against the kerb when parking!!!

I will soon be switching to my recently bought Dunlop Wintersport 3D's though and these will be on the original alloys (205/55/16) again. I've read good reports about how these handle the wet, ice and snow so will report back when I've covered a few more miles.

Ryan

I believe they are actually owned by michelin. So they must be "miche's in disguise".

And yes i have the compressor running on these tyres 215/45 17".

Would def buy them again. Shouldn't be long before i need 2 either!!! :)

I believe they are actually owned by michelin. So they must be "miche's in disguise".

And yes i have the compressor running on these tyres 215/45 17".

Would def buy them again. Shouldn't be long before i need 2 either!!! :)

Uniroyal

The rain tyre, second brand of Continental, quality product in mid price segment. from mytyres.co.uk, however it does say online that they are part of michenlin group.

I wish I could get them for my TS, The Avons ive got on don't seem all that good really, is this normal??

What are the compressors like to own, with fuel comsumpion ect. heard they drink the fuel at an alarming rate,

Is the VVTL-I crossover still noticeable as ive read it isnt as noticeable as in the t sports?

Kind regards

Ryan

how are you finding the T1R's??? I had them on my punto, Didnt think much to them really,

Ryan

Had them squealing round corners whilst driving hard, decent grip in the dry. I never drive draft in the rain, although they can handle the fast Motorway lane pretty well in the wet. Wear isn't too bad, 4-6k miles but that's with at least 5 Santa pod trips thrown in.

Most of all they are pretty cheap.