Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Rubber Does Everyone Use?

ryan corolla

Uniroyal

The rain tyre, second brand of Continental, quality product in mid price segment. from mytyres.co.uk, however it does say online that they are part of michenlin group.

I wish I could get them for my TS, The Avons ive got on don't seem all that good really, is this normal??

What are the compressors like to own, with fuel comsumpion ect. heard they drink the fuel at an alarming rate,

Is the VVTL-I crossover still noticeable as ive read it isnt as noticeable as in the t sports?

Kind regards

Ryan

To add to confusion Uniroyal is Continental owned in Europe and Michelin owned in USA

Apparently!!!!!

Neho the Compressor is great to own, there is no instant power as there is with the T sport the power is curved out to extend over the rev range, however it does really go above about 5k, mine screams due to exhaust system it's got. I've had a few issues in my short time of having it but then i knew i would as any car like it (inc. the T sports) are generally not going to have an easy life.

The fuel isn't too bad i get on average about 23mpg which isn't too bad. I dunno what the normal t sport gets. I did however manage to get 160mls out of the last tank :(

Compare that to my old mk3 gti which i only got 27mpg and i now have twice the power, and twice the fun for only 4mpg.

have you got the supercharged corolla with that sizes tire? they were the first tire I looked for when replacing mine but couldnt find them, plus the factory always seems to be on back order, they are conti's in disguise :)

Ryan

I now run a set of GT Radial Champiro HPX in the size 225/45/R17 and I have to say i've been really impressed. Speedo is now spot on accurate with my satnav, tyre noise is good, grip & handling improved immeasurably over the Pirelli P6000's (205/55/16) that came off.

Oh and the best thing is, that the tyres have really solid shoulders - that are so solid they prevent me scraping the edge of the alloys against the kerb when parking!!!

I will soon be switching to my recently bought Dunlop Wintersport 3D's though and these will be on the original alloys (205/55/16) again. I've read good reports about how these handle the wet, ice and snow so will report back when I've covered a few more miles.

Do you have after market wheels then? Im going to be looking into a set soon, what PCD and offset will I need?? the avons seem to be good at protecting the alloys too. Im hoping these tyres will be good in the snow as I live in the middle of nowhere and my roads never get swept or gritted.

Had them squealing round corners whilst driving hard, decent grip in the dry. I never drive draft in the rain, although they can handle the fast Motorway lane pretty well in the wet. Wear isn't too bad, 4-6k miles but that's with at least 5 Santa pod trips thrown in.

Most of all they are pretty cheap.

I think with my punto I later found out that the two rear shock absorbers were well past their sell by date, this came to a head when I was going round an average corner not very fast and got sideways, very scary stuff, managed to catch it ok though, by no means am I saying im ken block though :D

Id love to go to santa pod, im def going next year :D:D

To add to confusion Uniroyal is Continental owned in Europe and Michelin owned in USA

Apparently!!!!!

Neho the Compressor is great to own, there is no instant power as there is with the T sport the power is curved out to extend over the rev range, however it does really go above about 5k, mine screams due to exhaust system it's got. I've had a few issues in my short time of having it but then i knew i would as any car like it (inc. the T sports) are generally not going to have an easy life.

The fuel isn't too bad i get on average about 23mpg which isn't too bad. I dunno what the normal t sport gets. I did however manage to get 160mls out of the last tank :(

Compare that to my old mk3 gti which i only got 27mpg and i now have twice the power, and twice the fun for only 4mpg.

I bet the extra torque is nice though, the one thing the T sport really lacks in, if you have ever driven one, yeah my T sport has to be kept above 5k really, It deafens me as ive got an apexi induction kit so I know how you feel,

My T sport gets around 35-38mpg, I saw it go down to 2.7 mpg once when I got lift in 1st once. HEHE, Id sooner have a compressor then mk 3 any day,

Ryan

Rainsport 2's yes. Good for the price. I would have gone for neros but couldn't afford them at the time :)

Ditto - Uniroyal Rainsport 2's. So far they've been great, had them previously on my Nissan too. Definitely recommended for all-round use & ace in the wet - as you'd expect !

Rainsport 2's yes. Good for the price. I would have gone for neros but couldn't afford them at the time :)

Ditto - Uniroyal Rainsport 2's. So far they've been great, had them previously on my Nissan too. Definitely recommended for all-round use & ace in the wet - as you'd expect !

Yeah they are really good, never had any problems with them, great looking tread pattern too,

Ryan

Ha ha good stuff. I'll keep you posted when club corolla are going. It's a great day out!!

Offset on standard is et45

My alloys are 17 inch 8.5 wide and et 45

durex.

Damn you stole my reply! :lol:

They're run out of my XXL! :lol:

Ha ha good stuff. I'll keep you posted when club corolla are going. It's a great day out!!

Offset on standard is et45

My alloys are 17 inch 8.5 wide and et 45

Nice one thanks, club corolla is that the guys from here or a different club? and where is the club based? I guess not around my area as Ive only seen one t sport around here,

Ryan

It's just another corolla based forum. Most members on here are also members on there too.

We had a meet/ country drive a month or so back. Two compressorss and three t sports. A lot of fun.

Where abouts are you from??

nice one, Im from boston, lincs, Middle of nowhere :D

• 1 year later...

Looking for new rubbers for my t-sport, Right now I've got Toyo Proxes T1-R's

I bit confused, since it seems like both 195 and 205 should fit the stock alloys, but 205 are lot cheaper:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=89390514.110.721&typ=D-115595&ranzahl=4&Breite=205&Herst=Toyo&Quer=55&Felge=16&Speed=V&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&F_F=1&dsco=110&sowigan=So

205 -> £79.60 fully fitted

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=18447658.110.22159&typ=R-119028&ranzahl=4&Breite=195&Herst=Toyo&Quer=55&Felge=16&Speed=V&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&F_F=1&dsco=110&sowigan=So

195 -> £100.60 fully fitted.

so that's a good £80 for a set.

why is that u get more for less?

also please confirm whether 205 fit on stock allows.

Right now I have Good Year Eagle F1 (215/45/17). So far I like them better than the Michelins it previously had (195/55/16). The wheel change from a 16 to a 17 may also make some difference.

Since I changed to 17" rims I am running on Bridgestone Potenza re050A. Up to now (3 months of use) I am very satisfied.

I cannot find any evidence in the manual that 205/55/16 would fit on the stock tsport allows.

I know most people have 205s on, so I believe it :)

want to order some from blackcircle and a bit worried that the garage will refuse to fit them

I can tell you for sure that 205/50/16 fit just fine on Tsport alloys, as too many of my friends have made the change.

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY...were times ever that hard for you when you thought...hmmm...what budget tyres can i afford??? lol...keyword:BUDGET!!! Anyone tried any???

:flowers:

never ... they are more expensive in the long run, especially if u crash because of them ;)

I bought 4 dunlop sport fastresponse tyres for 4x72 quid, full fitted, u can find premium tyres with budget price !