Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 7 Heater / Temperature Gauge Issue

gordypix

Well, it could be that the Celica is getting on a bit but it shouldnt matter all that much...

The Interior Heat controls are not doing their job at the moment.

Where once the car heated up nicely in a few minutes inside, it is now taking 15-20 mins before the heat decides to work.

The Temperature gauge is also acting up... Where it normally sits happily halfway after the engine has warmed, it now pops up one notch above that as if it is indicating an overheat then drops back down again to normal.

Anyone experienced these issues and can offer a solution pleae enlighten me forthwith,

Regards,

Gordy.

Have you noticed any coolant loss? or has any work been done on the cooling system?

Have you noticed any coolant loss? or has any work been done on the cooling system?

It hasn't had any work done but yes it seems to be requiring top ups every month or so - maybe a litre of more each time.

You have a leak then. Check the bottom of the radiator, as that is where they are prone to fail. It's not as easy as it may sound as things are in the way.

If the rad is fine (though I'd put money on it being the issue), then check buy the water pump.

Have to check the oil cap for any gunge? The head gaskets are very unlikely to fail on these, but worth a check.

You have a leak then. Check the bottom of the radiator, as that is where they are prone to fail. It's not as easy as it may sound as things are in the way.

If the rad is fine (though I'd put money on it being the issue), then check buy the water pump.

Have to check the oil cap for any gunge? The head gaskets are very unlikely to fail on these, but worth a check.

The Oil cap seems fine.

I have seen no evidence of any leaks - I have considered it but the engine is so enclosed it it so hard to see anything. And there are no leaks beneath the car when parked.

My rad was leaking & I never spotted the water until the very very end. Basically it leaks onto the cross bar that the radiator sits on, therefore you don't see any pools!

The radiators are known for going.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so the diagnosis from the garage today was.....

Radiator gone in the bottom corner.

You were right my friend. Cheers for the heads-up!

Now comes the bill... lol

I'm glad you now know what the problem is, sorry its something that's not a free fix.

I'm glad you now know what the problem is, sorry its something that's not a free fix.

Oh well, the original Rad lasted 10 years in the car so can't complain I suppose. At least I shall have warmth for the Winter.