Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Diesel Lagging

Raver4

My 2006 2.2 diesel has an annoying problem, it starts up ok but when you go to pull off the engine laggs,ie it does not accelerate,then suddenly it does,similar can happen while you drive along,say doing 60mph and you wanted to overtake and put your foot down it does not respond,anyone experience this problem,I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance

Jim

EGR / Air flow sensor / Fuel Filter dirty.

BG244! Oops mate... Sorry I just couldn't resist! Lol... But check what Cmia has said. :!Removed!:

BG244! Oops mate... Sorry I just couldn't resist! Lol... But check what Cmia has said. :!Removed!:

BG244 whyaye man why not ? :)

Hi Jim My 06 2.2D4D did this and it was the EGR valve but I had warning lights on the dash VSC & TRC if I remember correctly. Probably worth getting it checked out pronto. These things have a habit of going belly up at the most inconvenient time.

EGR / Air flow sensor / Fuel Filter dirty.

hi friend

i suggest we ve got the right way.

cheers/Igor

There are no warning lights showing,the engine is running good 60K,its not smoking,I was inclined to think that the electronic throttle was the problem,the manual for that model is not available yet,thanks you all for the replies but all those things have been checked,on how to test the throttle is what I need.

Thanks again

Jim

:help:

Somone save me!

:lol:

Somone save me!

Lol... Well I have shares in the company! What you expect?:yes::lol::bye:

Somone save me!

Haha only kidding I think we can safely say in this case the EGR/MAF is the culprit :)

:lol:

Somone save me!

I think you own the company! :lol:

Lol... Well I have shares in the company! What you expect?:yes::lol::bye:

• 4 weeks later...

:huh:

The idiot replies are no help

Jim

Take a chill pill Jim... Its a forum after all

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim My 06 2.2D4D did this and it was the EGR valve but I had warning lights on the dash VSC & TRC if I remember correctly. Probably worth getting it checked out pronto. These things have a habit of going belly up at the most inconvenient time.

Hello, Mine has done this too. Am taking it into a local dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Has got a bit thirsty and a little lumpy and lags a fair bit before it picks up and goes again lol. Is this quite common for the T180 Avensis 2007 models? Has done 65K now with full service history.

Yep the EGR valve does need periodic servicing/cleaning. Mine has started playing up now (joining the motorway at the start of a 200 mile trip) but a lively run down the motorway in 3rd-5th gear seems to have cleared it for now. I paid A LOT to a Toyota dealer to replace the EGR valve a couple of years back and won't do that again. There are really good guides on this forum showing (with photos) how to strip, clean & reassemble. I will be doing mine soon and would suggest it is worth a go cos dealer repairs are pricey.

The answer to prevent future failures seems to be a good thrashing every so often. Cooooool!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links