Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Display On Centre Console

warwickbrad

Hi all,

In the last 2 weeks I've acquired a 04 plate Corolla T-Sport and have set about trying to solve some of its niggles. It has its standard radio but the reception wasn't too good, with FM being ok occassionally and AM not working at all. I've read about those that have swapped to aftermarket radios and have had reduced radio reception, so I thought mine should be ok and possibly the aerial at the back was loose / not seated correctly. I set about removing everything to get to the back of the radio and had it all disconnected but after reseating all the cables, I now have no power to the radio at all. Also the centre console has no display too, like the clock and the heater controls which is abit of an issue as I can no longer see what temperature / fan setting it is on!! However when pressing the buttons they do work and change the settings for the heater, but they don't light up or show a display. The red security light still comes on and all other electrics are ok, lights, indicators, electric windows, remote central locking etc.

I can't see any loose cables knocking about and everything looks connected, so has anyone else come across this issue before? Could a fuse have gone that powers the CD player / display of the centre console at all? If so, whereabouts is this located?

Thanks very much

Brad

Well I managed to track this down to a blown cigarette lighter fuse. Once that was replaced the display and lights on the centre console as well as the radio came back on. However after making sure the aerial is seated well in the back of the radio, it still has pretty naff reception. Is the amplifier for the radio signal built in to the stock head unit, or is there a cable in between that I could be missing?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links