Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maf Sensor Cleaning

etihad

Right, I'll give it a go.

I'm in need of some help. I bought a powertec induction for the compressor, apart from missing instructions and bracket I managed to connect it all in. However am now getting the TRC off/VRC and engine lights on. I thought this was due to the maf sensor, I've reset the Battery more than once. however i don't think its a big problem. Am not too sure what to do with one of the pipes that was connected to the OEM air box. Its a small pipe. below are the pictures i took before and after i think my problem is to do with that.

111oe.jpg

This is what i had it on when the lights kept coming on. I've have drawn a red circle around where the vac pipe, i wasn't sure if it connected to where it is.

img20111118165517.jpg

I decided to take the pipe off and cap it where it was connected is that what you do?

img20111118165406.jpg

However am now left with this, what do i do? do i need to block that off too?

img20111118163141.jpg

These are the lights am getting. it normal comes on when i go for a drive, stop and come back and switch the engine on.

img20111118165626.jpg

This is the pipe that i took off. Am i right in doing so?

Hi all, whats best way to clean maf sensor?

I wouldn't use brake cleaner. Some electrical contact spray cleaner. Or you can get one made for the job called CRC off eBay.

only problem with contact cleaner is most of them have a lubricant in them which is not good for the element. as for the induction kit the vac hose thats connected to the bottom of the airbox needs an air supply and the one from the top of the box needs blanking. is the powertec maf housing 2.75" or 3? :thumbsup:

only problem with contact cleaner is most of them have a lubricant in them which is not good for the element. as for the induction kit the vac hose thats connected to the bottom of the airbox needs an air supply and the one from the top of the box needs blanking. is the powertec maf housing 2.75" or 3? :thumbsup:

Am sure there is only one hose not two, and it's connected to the top part of the air box. It's 2.75.

The CRC purpose made cleaner is ideal what I used on my MAF.

yeah that stuffs fine just its a tenner a can lol :thumbsup:

Yep I know its a bit on the steep side. But I thought what the hell as I'd just won on the ponies! :yahoo::thumbsup:

Electrical contact cleaner should be safer than brake or carb cleaner, looks like the dreaded vacuum pipes issue. IIRC the K & N has a cap for that. If the pages still exist there will be loads of history on this topic if you do a search.

• Like 1

Stupid question ,but did you disconnect the Battery for about 15mins before you even touched anything ,thats what i did when i fitted my typhoon an i blanked all my vacummn hoses off and not a signal light ever.

I didn't but I did have to drop the Battery to clear a random CEL. Its only done it once since (I have a Blitz SUS btw)

No i didnt disconnect the Battery school boy error lol. Everyone is saying vac pipe(s). The compressor only has 1 vac pipe. Its all sorted now, i blocked the vac plug and reset everything no lights and running sweet as a nut. Im addicted to the supercharger whine and roar sound ....not good on bank account lol.

No i didnt disconnect the battery school boy error lol. Everyone is saying vac pipe(s). The compressor only has 1 vac pipe. Its all sorted now, i blocked the vac plug and reset everything no lights and running sweet as a nut. Im addicted to the supercharger whine and roar sound ....not good on bank account lol.

Glad you got it sorted mate :thumbsup:

Stupid question ,but did you disconnect the battery for about 15mins before you even touched anything ,thats what i did when i fitted my typhoon an i blanked all my vacummn hoses off and not a signal light ever.

Not really nesecerey tho but a good habit.

Electrical contact cleaner should be safer than brake or carb cleaner, looks like the dreaded vacuum pipes issue. IIRC the K & N has a cap for that. If the pages still exist there will be loads of history on this topic if you do a search.

bloody hell mate where have you been

bloody hell mate where have you been

How do Col, Verso world is soo boring :yawn: i forgot about TOC for 2yrs! Hows the Comp behaving?

I'm good, a bit older, a bit more grey and a bit dafter, the Comp succumbed to the usual shocks failure, hence BCs, the exhaust broke off at the back box I got that welded up and that's still holding. I seem to be trying to knock the TTE bumper off whenever I go out in it lol, anyway good to hear from you again.

The kits come with caps for the hoses, mine didn't come with any so I used a self tapping screw and a bolt :lol: