Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Sport Suspension

djbenny1

Hi guys,

Just a quick question about the Aygo.

As a Yaris T Sport driver myself, I know the standard stiffened suspension can be pretty firm at times - my girlfriend is now looking to buy a late 05 Aygo Sport, but I read in just one review that the suspension is very hard.

Is that true? Or was the reviewer exaggerating?

She's driven a Honda Jazz for 3 years so if its anywhere near that I'm sure she'll be happy.

Finally, the Sport she's looking at is Nov 05 with 9700 miles on clock (NOT a typo) - they're asking £3500 with 12 month MOT. Good deal?? It looks very clean outside but have only seen photos right now - viewing tomorrow.

Thanks!

Ummm... standard suspension hard?!?!

The chassis frequency of the standard suspension is equivalent to a 4*4 so a big fat NO on that one... the ex Jazz driver is talking nonsense!

Yes its a 'Sport' model but nothing more than a few cheap trick bits like maybe carpets and alloys plus a shiny Badge saying sport!

Hope that helps!

Hey thanks for replying.

No no my girlfriend drove a jazz, it was a reviewer for the guardian newspaper that said it was a rough ride, of you google aygo review its one of the top results.

Ah ok, I thought it had stiffer suspension. No problem then.

Do you think the car sounds like a good deal?

I don't know if this helps, but my wife has a Jazz (07 Reg) and i have an Aygo Blue and both rides seem comparable to each other in my opinion. The Aygo is probably a bit softer.

My daughter has the Sport but sorry to say its just Badge engineering. The sport has front fog lights, alloys, air/con & a rev counter. Its share the same mechanicals as the rest of the AYGO range.

The ride is firm but by no means uncomfortable.