Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eibach Lowering Springs For Sr180

Vileboy

Ive just ordered some lowering springs (20mm) for my Auris SR180.

Anyone know of a reliable mechanic in the midlands that could fit them for me?

I can't think why you want to change from perfectly good toyotaownersclub spring to Eibachs. Eibachs are very good but are you going to notice a difference?

The standard springs on the SR180, are already made by Eibach (but labelled toyota motorsport).

I always thought those 20mm Eibach springs were for the T180, I guess I was wrong!

You may well have bought the springs you already have fitted to the car as standard.

The lowering springs are probably for the non SR models to give it the ride height of the SR out of the factory.

nope hes correct you can get these springs for the t180 but it drops the car more than 20mm it says..i fitted them to a learner driver car

nope hes correct you can get these springs for the t180 but it drops the car more than 20mm it says..i fitted them to a learner driver car

Oh good! How long did it take you? What do you think is a reasonable charge i should be looking to pay for fitting? How far away are you from the midlands!

I did my homework, and these springs are to lower the existing T180/SR180, and to improve the handling, which is what lets this car down in my opinion, i know T/SR180 must be a lot better than a standard auris, however. Ive come from a Alfa 159 with Eibach lowered and dampers, which with its torsional rigidity was amazing to drive around corners.

I am also considering a Tie bar or Strut brace, and perhaps some moderate spacers as well.

Steve

I think you are missing the point Vileboy, The SR 180 is already lowered the T180 is not. Daveyonthemove & Phil1985 thinks the toyota sport springs are actually made by Eibach so you won't be gaining anything.

I've fitted the SR180 springs onto my T180, I ordered them from the Parts dept at my local Toyota dealer. The sheet that comes with it which states all the specs indicates that they're made by Eibach

your car will be dropped mate it drops the cars 40mm approx depending on model ie the t180 will drop 40mm approx and the sr drops 20mm approx the learner driver car i done dropped close to 50mm when settled but he did come back and say his car felt better at speed/lane changing/braking and pulling away fast so he was over the moon...

not too hard to fit the worst part is stripping out the boot to get to the rear suspension..

say fitting at my door around 2-3 hours depending on the bolts(i would use Battery guns..

around the same time at a garage..

but you will need to get the alighnment done after approx 500 miles so that the springs are fully settled

also im approx 300 miles away from you..

Ormi, thanks for the info...........

I will take some before and after shots out of interest for people,

• 2 weeks later...

im in hampshire if thats any good u would have to travel to me. more than happy to help u with lowering springs.

• Like 1

im in hampshire if thats any good u would have to travel to me. more than happy to help u with lowering springs.

Nice to see that forum members helping other guys out. Nice one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well did they actually lower the car or did you waste your money??

Of course they will lower the car, thats why it states 20mm, as the SR180 is already lower than standard, 20mm for lowering springs is not the norm (its too little).

The SR180 suspension is naff, thats why Eibach has developed these springs, to make the SR180 a proper handling car.

The springs were on the shelf in Germany, cause no one else has the nads to modify their SR180/T180, so its gonna take 2 weeks from when i first posted, then i need to organise someone to fit, so i might not report back until Jan 2012, but i will report back with before and after photos..........

My T180 only just clears some speed-bumps now, and last year in the snow I nearly had the under-tray torn off a few times.

Aren't you worried about bottoming out?

(Maybe my springs are shagged :lol: )

any body got the part number for the sr180 lowering springs im every intrested in lowering my t180 by 40mm the look is amazing.

or is someone sellling some original sr180 srings

I will be selling my SR180 springs, for £50 if your interested, only 13k miles done on them. They should lower urs to a less embarrasiing level :)

• 3 months later...

Ive fitted the front, with the help of a mechanic friend, foolishly we never measured the ride height before doing so, ive measured shortly after fitting, and get 360mm give or take a mm , (measuring from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wing arch). In light of doubt as to whether im fitting the exact same springs the car already has, we thought we would wait and see / investigate what others ride heights were, before fitting the rear springs.

Can you do me a favour and post your ride heights? The back (left as standard) has a ride height of 370mm give or take.

Just measure mine, 350mm front, 360mm rear. Hope this helps.

Just measure mine, 350mm front, 360mm rear. Hope this helps.

So you had the T180, and added new springs, Eibach springs?

Thanks

I've lowered my car with the official Toyota Motorsport Springs, which are made by Eibach. Various reviews over the Internet of the SR180 when it was first released stated that the SR180 uses these springs however I've never had official confirmation as to whether this is true or not. Hope this helps. Cheers

• 1 month later...

I've lowered my car with the official Toyota Motorsport Springs, which are made by Eibach. Various reviews over the Internet of the SR180 when it was first released stated that the SR180 uses these springs however I've never had official confirmation as to whether this is true or not. Hope this helps. Cheers

Well, your front and rear are 10mm lower than my SR180, do you still have the box or any documents for the springs you bought, do they have any model number or codes on it, I am thinking i have either been supplied with the incorrect springs, or indeed there is no way to lower the SR180 despite what ORMI said.

Does anyone else have a ride height measurement of an SR180 to help?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links