Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Carina E Gli 2.0L Overheating

Nav786

Hi guys i really need your help and advice basically my carina over heats when driving and throws water out, i used to keep on replacing the water coolant with fresh water like an idiot so some people say it may be an airlock, ive heard that toyota head gaskets are hard to go so they reckon it can't be, could it be the thermostat or waterpump? one water pipe is cold and one is hot so im not too sure need your help please??? thanks

Hi looks like it is building up a lot of pressure and my first thought would be the head gasket or worse But it might just be the thermostat blocking the flow Did the car over heat before this happend?

When the engine is cold and the radiator topped up when you take the rad cap off can you see the water move when you increase the engine revs or better still when the engine is starting to warm up as this will tell you the water pump is doing its job

If you cant make your mind up about that, put something in the water that you know want harm the rad so you can see if it moves in the direction of the flow and if that is ok you will have to try the a new thermostat as they are not very expensive

hi thanks for replying and no its never done this before it only starting recently as me like an idiot kept on changing the coolant water, theres many people saying that its not the head gasket it could be a block in the radiator or water pump or thermostat.

Radiators do seem to be a common problem with the carinas in later life so i guess you are gona have to try eliminating one or the other!??

Hi thank you very much, i solved my problem today it was the thermostat that was making the car overheat now its brilliant thank you very much

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links