Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla D4D Mpg Problem

tcawley

Il back up T sport owners, Ive had mine 6 weeks and absolutely love it, yes they arent the best hot hatch out there but who cares, the engine isnt for everyone, they do have to be pushed hard to get the best out of them but that doesnt mean there pants, lots of people dont know what they are and how fast there are, 7ish seconds to 60, carries on pulling up to a good speed, honda uses Vtec which is basically the same, lotus wouldnt have used the engine if there pants, have you been in a T sport???

I can't understand why ur driving around in a dirty diesel when your only getting 38mpg?!! :blink:

I would much rather have the T sport and get 26 - 30 mpg and not have to drive round in a soot machine...but 20k miles a year is too much in the T sport :lol:

Lol, read the Diesel vs Petrol thread...no offence to anyone who has one but the t-sport really is a pants car mate. it's not that fast and there's no torque either. it's kind of a distinctly average car because for the sort of MPGs the t-sport returns you can get much faster petrol engined cars.

But that's just my opinion, i just prefer the lazy torquey drive of a diesel. i've never been into "fast" cars much anyway. call me an old man or whatever but i'd rather have a 3.0 diesel big saloon like a a6 or 5 series over a gti or r32 or t-sport. auto box, torque, smooth quiet drive that's my preferences :)

i'd love to have a 535d mmmmm .... :D

I love my TS, its such an exciting car to drive! so involved. i couldnt be doing with a 1k lazy lump of power with abit of soot and having to change gear again even if that small lump of power is in near enough what ever gear your in. id much rather have a high revving engine that sounds beautiful and puts a real smile on your face! 2zz is definitely a drivers car.

I love my TS, its such an exciting car to drive! so involved. i couldnt be doing with a 1k lazy lump of power with abit of soot and having to change gear again even if that small lump of power is in near enough what ever gear your in. id much rather have a high revving engine that sounds beautiful and puts a real smile on your face! 2zz is definitely a drivers car.

YES YES YES!!! the crossover at 6,200 never gets boring, love coming on 'cam' as Im just overtaking a car, hehe

Ryan

YES YES YES!!! the crossover at 6,200 never gets boring, love coming on 'cam' as Im just overtaking a car, hehe

Ryan

Thats the best bit

or toyying with some1 who tried to overtake and you hit lift as thier side by side...get back behind me were you belong son!!! haha

apexi induction kit makes it even better :D:D

Ryan

I bet it does, I want a cat back next year, or at least a twin exit back box compressor style.

Ryan

So does a viper CAI and a cat back

Viper yes cat back no!! Manifold back with no cat is much better :yahoo:

Now your just showing off :lol:

How will you go on at MOT time? Do you know someone who can pass it for you :thumbsup::lol: ;)

He's an MOT tester mate! :lol:

I know :lol:

Could you not sense the sarcasm????

Mwahahah boom tsshhhh.

Ill sort if when it comes to it, ive a pal in a tuning garage, he'll most likely do it.

Ya know what they say if youve got it flaunt it :thumbsup:

or toyying with some1 who tried to overtake and you hit lift as thier side by side...get back behind me were you belong son!!! haha

Thats the bit i miss, take that diesel boost boy :lol::thumbsup:

i said its pants because of the reasons that came right after the word pants in my post. namely the lack of torque and the fact the car isn't really that quick.

whoever said they beat 330d or a5 3.0tdi in a t-sport they must have had !Removed! drivers. give me a manual 330d and we'll see what is what.

and whoever said if i drove a supercar i could complain blah blah, mate i love my corolla diesel but it is only my work/pottering around to the shops car slash the car i don't mind crashing in the snow slash the car i don't mind using to take garden waste to the recycling centre etc etc you get the picture, it's a workhorse. i also own a 2008 330d auto m sport coupe in black and a 60 plate audi white 3.0tdi q7 as the family bus/pimp wagon lol as well as a 2009 x6 which is my baby. that's over £130,000 of cars!

whoever asked if i'd driven a t-sport yes i have. i won't lie i've not had chance to drive it hard for long but the 2/3 hours or so i had it for i was unimpressed.

if someone owned a 1.4/1.6 petrol engined car and then jumped into a t-sport i can understand why they'd love the t-sport. better performance, average to decent handling from factory nice interior etc etc. but when you've had high torque diesel engines all your life and only your first car at the age or 17 was a 1.0L yaris petrol i think you guys should understand why i am unimpressed by the t-sport.

i think i read someone saying the my corolla is a lower spec than a t-sport so i shouldn't complain. what does the t-sport have over my t-spirit diesel? as far as i know traction control, and the body kit/alloys? real big jump in spec that isn't it? my t-spirit has a lovely sunroof do all t-sports come with that?

whichever person said they preferred that Jag, it's a lovely car but not for me.

and lastly the gentleman who said they drove the auris "super diesel" and the corolla diesel. i'd say even though i've got a corolla diesel you can't use jap diesel engines as a measure of what one can do. drive a 335d or a 535d or even a q7 4.2tdi. heck even the new 184bhp 320d is a great car!

and can i just add i dunno why you all took it so personal when i said i don't like the t-sport. all of you hate my diesel corolla do you see me take it personally? i really don't care what you think because i understand the reasons i own that car. it's reliable, economical and can take a beating and when looked after will last my donkeys.

Hang on a minute, so from your point of view the T sport is pants because it lacks torque? would you say the celica is pants as well then? How about VTEC engined honda's, they pants? Pretty much every small capacity high performance NA engine has that characteristic :lol:

As to the comments regarding beating 330d/530d's, considering the T sport can do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds (6.2 achievable with weight reduction) its not hard to believe that it can keep up with these sorts of cars

The T sport is fast if you know how to drive it, NA is a very involved drive and it takes a lot of effort to drive it fast, some people love it, some people don't. I'd say anyone stepping out of a turbo car would struggle to drive the T sport fast

Btw im the guy who beat the BMW 330d and Audi A5, and if you know how to drive a Corolla then it doesnt matter how good the driver in the two diesels is, because your useable power will still be 1.8k to 3.5 and were not talking remapped. Some of the best cars in the world are N/A. Ifits a lack of torque your worried about buy the Compressor, and with me, Chris, and Reidy as your witnesses... They are in no way whatsoever slow.

Santa Pod in March, i'll take on any diesels :)

i also own a 2008 330d auto m sport coupe in black and a 60 plate audi white 3.0tdi q7 as the family bus/pimp wagon lol as well as a 2009 x6 which is my baby. that's over £130,000 of cars!

Whats the relevance of this? You like diesel auto's, the ultimate lazy mans car. :yawn:

I'm going to call Bernie over at the F1, lets get rid of all those N/A high revving torqueless piles of junk and replace them with diesel automatics.

Quoting the irrelevant value of stuff makes me think.....hmm :g:

I don't recall anyone saying they hated the D4D, your point about the T Sport not being quick obviously means you haven't driven one properly as said they are quick for a hot hatch and ££££££'s per bangs will beat many cars on the road.

Lets face it there will always be someone with bigger/ better more powerful stuff even if you do have £130k's worth of cars but I will refrain from insulting your garage line up. TBH I am proud that my T Sport, my Wifes MR2 and our Golf GTI stand us at less than £10k including mods etc giving us a great range of cars that never fail to put a smile on our faces even if they are pants :thumbsup:

my 1.4 will own all of you laugh.gif

another great petrol vs diesel topic.....i always enjoy these

I suppose i should get my say in as well, the T Sport cannot be called "pants". The reasons being it is a great engine, it does exactly what all petrolheads want... It needs 2 be driven hard to get the best out of it. Now being a fairly young male this is what i want from a car. Fun!

Everytime i get in my high revving beast i have a grin on my face and to me this is what driving is about.

If i wanted to go to a to b in the most economical way yes i would get a diesel but as i've said this is not how i drive or want to drive!

In an ideal world i would like to have a huged engined petrol BMW to do any long trips in because yes engines with more torque are "easier" to drive, because u can put ur foot down at low revs and it will still push u in the back. On the motorway this is ideal.

But drive around a track and you want to be hitting the rev limiter, keeping the engine screaming while the chassis tries it's hardest to stay on the tarmac. If i was in a diesel i would be worrying more about keeping it within the power band and not thrashing the engine!

But as i say it's all about preference and where i'm at and probably every T Sport owner is at, i want a car i have to push to get the most out of. :thumbsup:

Hang on a minute, so from your point of view the T sport is pants because it lacks torque? would you say the celica is pants as well then? How about VTEC engined honda's, they pants? Pretty much every small capacity high performance NA engine has that characteristic :lol:

Yes. Remember we're debating a preference. yours of NA engines and mine of turbo charged diesel ones. i've only ever had one NA car that was a Yaris. Whilst i do not base comments about NA power on that experience if i could go back i would have bought a diesel yaris too.

i also own a 2008 330d auto m sport coupe in black and a 60 plate audi white 3.0tdi q7 as the family bus/pimp wagon lol as well as a 2009 x6 which is my baby. that's over £130,000 of cars!

Whats the relevance of this? You like diesel auto's, the ultimate lazy mans car. :yawn:

the relevance is because earlier in the topic someone posted saying that i couldn't complain about the t-sport because my corolla was worth less than their t-sport and i should only be able to complain if i had a supercar. whilst they're not supercars i posted that to demonstrate that i do own cars which many people would class as prestige. oh if diesel autos are the ultimate lazy mans cars, in what way is a petrol auto any less of a lazy mans car? the autobox is doing the gearchanges...

TBH I am proud that my T Sport, my Wifes MR2 and our Golf GTI stand us at less than £10k including mods etc giving us a great range of cars that never fail to put a smile on our faces even if they are pants :thumbsup:

i never said the golf was pants, especially the GTIs! turbo = more torque in mid-range = i'm happy

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here

For the record though, the corolla T sport is not a pants car, it simply doesn't suit your driving style :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links