Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Washer Not Working

harris514

I have a 2007 T180 Avensis estate and the windscreen washer is not working, wipers ok, no pump noise so want to check the washer pump. What's the easiest way to get at it?? I have a horrible suspicion that it is accessed from the drivers side wheel arch, but before I start dismantling my beloved car would appreciate some guidance from someone who has done it before. Also does the pump just pull off the reservoir ??

Thanks in advance

Paul H

yout correct mate through the wheel arch and it does just pull out...when replacing spray silicon spray round the end if you try and push it in dry you can loose the rubber washer in the bottle..

yout correct mate through the wheel arch and it does just pull out...when replacing spray silicon spray round the end if you try and push it in dry you can loose the rubber washer in the bottle..

Cheers Ormi, appreciate your speedy response

• 1 year later...

I have problems with My rear washer only ie the front works fine. Have run the pump and see no leakage under the car. Any suggestions where to start looking as to locate the problem?

I did a quick research and from what i have seen, Toyota have hardly changed the system from the first Avensis.

Your car has two pumps for the washer, and the pump for the rear washer may have failed.

As mentioned earlier, access is via right front wheel arch liner, behind the bumper.

• 3 years later...

Just been reading through the forum about the front windscreen washer not working. Am I right in thinking that if the wipers work it is not a fuse issue?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links