Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New Gt 86 Club

Steve

We have now added the new Toyota GT 86 Club to TOC.

Check out the video to the new GT 86

a few piccies

post-18-0-75411000-1322499799_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-56392900-1322499769_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-71916700-1322499774_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-81577600-1322499781_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-18757200-1322499792_thumb.jpg

I was very excited upon first hearing about the FT86 now thats its made its way into production? No turbo model??

Im sorry but toyota achieved 190BHP in a celica albeit FWD, NA boxer engine HMMM?

they needed a power plant im annoyed that they didnt up the power and use a turbo for more power and efficiency, The GT86 is average in terms of performance my A3 1.8TFSI manages 0-60 in 7 odd seconds? My t-sport was just about as quick as this in book figures.

A notch in power was needed there is no need to revive the AE86 its still legendary and they can be bought and restored to serve there purpose but this should be bringing us something new or take a different approach and i dont think it does, Still NA, Lack of power the only bonus is its rear wheel drive and it looks erm OK?

The rear end is questionable.

I don't care about the power, in something that light and small (an mx5 does ok with 160bhp) 197bhp will be plenty.

plus there plenty more to be excited about:

460mm from ground to the center of the crank/gravity (low CG)

53:47 F/R weight split

0.27 Cd (coefficient of drag)

LSD

Mcpherson front suspension / Double wishbone rear

Unlocked ECU left open for tuners

So here it is.

DSCF3437.jpg

DSCF3482.jpg

I don't care about the power, in something that light and small (an mx5 does ok with 160bhp) 197bhp will be plenty.

LSD

No doubt its a excellent chassis i agree it should be sufficient enough but the thing which has put me off is the power being so low i wanted toyota to come back with something over the 200 mark so it draws in appeal. I suppose the unlocked ECU would be a massive bonus but considering how japanese tuning companies are generally struggling and the cost of imported parts is alot one will need to have deep pockets.

I prefer the concepts shape and styling a bit more. I feel they made this look a bit hyundai style and the rear lights are awful.

LSD

No doubt its a excellent chassis i agree it should be sufficient enough but the thing which has put me off is the power being so low i wanted toyota to come back with something over the 200 mark so it draws in appeal. I suppose the unlocked ECU would be a massive bonus but considering how japanese tuning companies are generally struggling and the cost of imported parts is alot one will need to have deep pockets.

I prefer the concepts shape and styling a bit more. I feel they made this look a bit hyundai style and the rear lights are awful.

Compare the kerb weights to the power available. It should knock spots off the MX5 and we all know how well they handle.

Very true, In class yes it wins hands down but after all this wait i just feel toyota should have been competing against the bigger cars. I will take back what i say if another version of the GT86 arrives a more pumped up wild turbo version but put it this way i was seriously considering buying one but now i think for the average joe driver the thrill is stunning knowing you can enjoy this off the track. But i just feel will it frustrate me on the road because of the low torque numbers and bhp? Sometimes you want a bit more.

Im comparing power and torque similar to a type r civic now. Around the 150LBFT mark and also bhp wise.....The civic was very light at around 1200, This is around 1180kg.

Very true, In class yes it wins hands down but after all this wait i just feel toyota should have been competing against the bigger cars. I will take back what i say if another version of the GT86 arrives a more pumped up wild turbo version but put it this way i was seriously considering buying one but now i think for the average joe driver the thrill is stunning knowing you can enjoy this off the track. But i just feel will it frustrate me on the road because of the low torque numbers and bhp? Sometimes you want a bit more.

Im comparing power and torque similar to a type r civic now. Around the 150LBFT mark and also bhp wise.....The civic was very light at around 1200, This is around 1180kg.

Looks like you spoke too soon... :)

Hot Toyota GT 86 planned

Looks like you spoke too soon... :)

Hot Toyota GT 86 planned

I think i did that sounds better! I just think toyota should leave the options open and give more choice.

I understand the whole concept to bring back pure driving and balance but they have done that, They need to compete in the market with affordable faster coupes. a 28000 GT86 should be sitting with the VW Sciroccos and 1 series coupes.

FI just gives that option to ring out that little bit more and make it a better ROAD performer. If all we wanted was pure driving balance and a excellent chassis i would just buy an AE86.