Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Recommendations?

rowbot

Hi all,

Need some new boots on the front...

Can anyone recommend any tyres?

I have the Bridgstone Ecopia EP25's at the moment... they're okay in the dry but not so good in the wet.

Thanks,

I currently have the EP25's on the rear of the car, but have the Evergreen EH23's on the front.... They are ever WORSE!!!

Sadly I'm not sure what I'd go for next as the selection in that size is limited.

Fish

Continentals are very good in the wet; I have some Eco3's but the Eco5's are out too. These are LRR/Eco tyres tho'.

If you don't want that, their PremiumContact2's are very good too (Probably even better since they aren't LRR!)

I got Yokohama winter tyres on all 4 wheels. Can't afford a spare set of wheels so the summers are off and stored at home. They are the Bridgestone tyre. (All 15 inchers of course.) I got these at Lindop Toyota in Wrexham through the link put in by Parts King http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=25&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89. Tyres are always a personal choice, but so far the Yokohama's are doing very well. Good when it's not raining and when it is hosing it down. Not looking forward to any snow, but if there is any... we should be better able to get around.

Having 2 Yokohama S70D tyres fitted to the front tomorrow, the original Bridgestone EP25s did 24k miles.

£60 each for the Yoko's, whereas the Bridgestones were a more pricey £73.

The S70D are apparently fitted as OEM/standard on some IQs, probably different countries to the UK? So they should be ok.

Haven't got any room to store a set of summer/winter tyres so just decided to keep with summer tyres all year round. Plus if there's any snow it makes it more fun.... :)

[p.s. always drive responsibly, within the law, and speed appropriate to conditions!]

MattIQ

I got Yokohama winter tyres on all 4 wheels. Can't afford a spare set of wheels so the summers are off and stored at home. They are the Bridgestone tyre. (All 15 inchers of course.) I got these at Lindop Toyota in Wrexham through the link put in by Parts King http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=25&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=89. Tyres are always a personal choice, but so far the Yokohama's are doing very well. Good when it's not raining and when it is hosing it down. Not looking forward to any snow, but if there is any... we should be better able to get around.

When I bought my car in June it came with Yokohama's on the front and Bridgestone on the back .They are still as new because I changed my wheels the next day.If it snows I might go back to my peugeot 406. Not because it is better in the snow as i have no idea what the iQ is going to be like, its because I don't want to prang my baby.

David

Where's the like button??? I've got winters on my Seat Leon so once the white stuff appears down in the south, the iQ will be put to bed for winter. :)

Fish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links