Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Location Of Fuel Filter (Avensis 2002 Vvti 1.8

786innovation

Hi All,

I was wondering what is the location of fuel filter in toyota avensis 2002 1.8 vvti model?

A couple of things more

How often spark plugs should be changed? 6 months or year?? or when they give problem?

I need to change brake pads? should I buy any particular brand? like ferodo or any one will do the job? I checked on eBay, a top eBay seller is selling for £15 including postage. Ferodo cost about £40? Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance,

Bilal

Fuel filter is located on the bulkhead below the windscreen slightly to right of centre when looking from the front of the vehicle. It has two rubber fuel pipes attached & is easy to spot.

Spark plugs are normally changed at 60,000 miles as they foul very little with the lean burn engine. A long socket is required as they are low down & do not do the new ones up too tight or cross thread in the alloy head.

Beware of very cheap brake linings- get a reputable make. It's pads front & rear &, I know there are two different types for the rear. Don't mess with very cheap linings or pads, the bonding is often poor-your life depends on them 100%.

post-96091-0-49472700-1322828621_thumb.j

• Like 1

Fuel filter is located on the bulkhead below the windscreen slightly to right of centre when looking from the front of the vehicle. It has two rubber fuel pipes attached & is easy to spot.

Spark plugs are normally changed at 60,000 miles as they foul very little with the lean burn engine. A long socket is required as they are low down & do not do the new ones up too tight or cross thread in the alloy head.

Beware of very cheap brake linings- get a reputable make. It's pads front & rear &, I know there are two different types for the rear. Don't mess with very cheap linings or pads, the bonding is often poor-your life depends on them 100%.

Many many thanks for your kind advice and valuable info. Actually I prefer to do jobs on my car myself as much as possible. and ofcourse do my home work and research before getting down the car.

Just yesterday, one of my friend who has the same car, was billed by quickfit about £480 for car service. Which includes, oil change, filters etc, brake pads etc. He can afford these because he is Doctor.

And regarding brake pads, I am gonna go for Akebono pads, as they are ceramic and have good repute. Thanks thanks thanks

• 4 years later...

If anyone comes across this thread disregard it.

The question is for a 2002 t22 the answer and picture is from a t25, that is not the fuel filter.

This forum is full off good and very poor information.