Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Bars And Box T180 - Buying

SMH13

Hi

Off to Germany again and decided that we need more space !

A friend has a roof box I can borrow, where is the best place to buy the bars?

Hi

Recent thread on Lidl ones seemed to find them good value at a low price, Stella....offer may be finished though....?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

The Lidl ones are excellent !! Very strong and easy to fit and have locks on them..

They have them on offer now and then at £29.95 but they fly off the shelves very quickly indeed !! No doubt scooped up by the sellers who put them on eBay for 60 quid the day after...

You can of course pay a lot more but there is really no gain unless You like posh labels on the bar ends.....

I bought a set and I am very fussy about quality and performance of these kind of things and I just cannot fault them !!!!............................ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oo thanks, I haven't got any roof runners , I noticed a lot on eBay fix to the existing runners ?

Will have a search on Lidl :thumbsup:

Oo thanks, I haven't got any roof runners , I noticed a lot on ebay fix to the existing runners ?

Sorry. I thought the roof rails or runners as You call them were a standard fitment on the T180 ......

Oo thanks, I haven't got any roof runners , I noticed a lot on ebay fix to the existing runners ?

Sorry. I thought the roof rails or runners as You call them were a standard fitment on the T180 ......

'Fraid not Chasmin.....same as SR WAN ATEY....optionals.

Big Kev :crybaby:

Hi I have fitted some roof rails to my XT4 and have some content and pics on one of my posts. Not sure how to do links but you might be able to put in roof rails in search box, or look through my profile content. Hope this helps kipperwood.

:eek: The roof runners are around £300, not such a cheap option borrowing my friends anymore !

Thanks

Hi

Hi Stella,

If you only need the rails/bars for a single trip, how about borrowing mine? Don't know where you are in Lancashire but I'm in West Yorkshire - which can't be so far away. I reckon 1.5 to 2 hrs should easily see them fitted.

Hi just missed you before you posted, check out my post just above yours for roof rails. Mine weren't £300 and were genuine toyota products. Kipperwoodpost-96420-0-76052000-1322848197_thumb.j

Hi

Hi Stella,

If you only need the rails/bars for a single trip, how about borrowing mine? Don't know where you are in Lancashire but I'm in West Yorkshire - which can't be so far away. I reckon 1.5 to 2 hrs should easily see them fitted.

Good on ya, Kristoff :thumbsup:

I bought a genuine set of roof bars - brand new in the box Toyota RAV4 Roof Bars from flea bay for £51 including postage.

This is what it said in the details if my link does not work:

GENUINE TOYOTA RAV4 Roof Rack - PART No - PZ403-X0612-GA

SUITABLE FOR XTR, SR, XT4, XT5, T180 &SR180 MODELS FROM 2005 - 2010

RRP - £140.00

My T180 does not have roof runners and my roof box attaches straight on to these thumbsup.gif

i've a set of roof bars I can lend you for a trip if you need.They take about 10mins to fit and the box may go straight on. I got them on eBay from a guy who traded his Rav in for a Yeti.I don't think he knew what he was selling as I got them for £25.00. I live in Morley by the way, but work in Bradford.

I Think there are two types here.

1. The ones that fit onto roof rails.

2. The ones that have special feet to fit ravs with no roof rails.

3. Which ones do you have.

Hi

Hi Stella,

Hi Chris, That is so kind of you - Thank you

I might see if I can get a cheaper Roof Rack like "Blue Monster" - just going to have a look on eBay.....

If not I might come back to you .

I bought a genuine set of roof bars - brand new in the box Toyota RAV4 Roof Bars from flea bay for £51 including postage.

This is what it said in the details if my link does not work:

GENUINE TOYOTA RAV4 ROOF RACK - PART No - PZ403-X0612-GA

SUITABLE FOR XTR, SR, XT4, XT5, T180 &SR180 MODELS FROM 2005 - 2010

RRP - £140.00

My T180 does not have roof runners and my roof box attaches straight on to these thumbsup.gif

:thumbsup: Great, Thank you , just having a look on eBay / fleabay ha ha.

Hi

Hi Stella,

Hi Chris, That is so kind of you - Thank you

I might see if I can get a cheaper Roof Rack like "Blue Monster" - just going to have a look on eBay.....

If not I might come back to you .

No Problem - took them off my RAV on Saturday. Just to remove any doubt - they are Toyota roof RAILS that fit to the mounting points on the roof and Thule roof BARS that fit between the Rails. At one time I had some Thule bars that fitted directly to the door frame/roof edge of the RAV but, because of the curve of the door frame and the fairly large rear quarter light, they were pretty close together ( about 600 centres ) so I had a niggling concern about putting anything long or in the least bit heavy on them.