Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fidanza Flywheel?

peo1000

i know the fidanza has had a lot of posts but i couldnt find the answer to my question so if anyone could help.

my clutch has just started slipping and i was going to take the opertunity to get a fidanza but what are they like on the motorway? i do 90% of my driving on there so will it use more/less fuel.

what flywheel is on the car as standard dual mass or normal? does it need any type of adaptor if it is dm? (a friend thats fitting wants to know).

will this clutch be ok or can anyone recomend a better/cheaper one?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyota_Corolla_1.8_2004/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/clutch-kit/?641821940&1&0b08da98fbee187b5bc251de574b3c71b712db1d&000069

The Fidanza will be a cow to operate on the motorways. If you have seen the posts then you'd have seen mine explaining why - they are too light for normal driving, so although they make revving much easier, they make it easier to drop the revs and out of the power band easier too. This isn't ideal when you want some gentle motorway cruising. The rotational inertia within the standard flywheel will see to it that cruising and town driving is comfortable and easy.

A good compromise however, is to buy a Chrome-Moly Flywheel - they are a fairly recent release and have more weight than a Fidanza with enough shaved off to make it a vast improvement over the standard Flywheel.

As for clutches, the Exedy is a great option - I have an LUK Heavy Duty Clutch in my AE92 GTi and I rate it very highly, it's smooth but bites hard and takes the strain when you want to just dump it. :thumbsup:

There will be members who find fidanzas great and don't really care about the normal motorway driving, but if you do it as much as you say then I would get a Chrome-Moly Flywheel and Exedy clutch. Best of both worlds really with a minimal compromise.

KP

my clutch is also slipping haven't looked into them that much so what do u thinks the best and where to get it from ??

as i though i be in the area its worth doing the flywheel at the same time .... can u get a clutch flywheel pack ? if so same again what and where ?

Look at competition clutches uk

The lotus and celica both have the same clutch and flywheel as us.

They do two different weighted chrome moly flywheels and a series of clutches. They seem to be cheaper if you select lotus for some reason.

Uk based too

Luke

my clutch is also slipping haven't looked into them that much so what do u thinks the best and where to get it from ??

as i though i be in the area its worth doing the flywheel at the same time .... can u get a clutch flywheel pack ? if so same again what and where ?

I posted that in the post above you :P Exedy is highly rated...

KP

those competition clutches flywheels look good but which one to go for? it looks to me like the lighter one doesnt weigh much more than the fidanza but the heavier one dont look much less than the standard. Unless the actual weights for the 2zz are different to what they quote.

a standard Toyota flywheel is just about 5.6kg

Fidanza one just under 3.4kg according to MWR

MWR chrome moly - 4kg

Its difficult to say what the weight will be on the competition clutch ones, think you would have to ring them up and ask why there is such a big range in the weight?

just called competition clutches and he was quite helpful with a few questions but he says that the stock toyota is 13kg and the weight of the lightweight (not ultralight) is 6.57kg just wondering if the weight of the toyota flywheel is 13kg?

Hmmm interesting. Obviously I have never put my fly on the scales do I can only comment on what people have posted in the past.

I shall research some more!!

Well it really looks more critical with Fidanza, I will look more info about this one.

This is from celica club

the GTS been the T sport version of the celica. All 2zzge engines share the same fly and clutch

Stock GTS (chromoly) - 13.0 lbs.

~Gripforce (chromoly) - 11.0 lbs.

~Blitz Active Clutch (chromoly) - 10.5 lbs.

~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.5 lbs. (GTS)

~Toda (chromoly) - 10.3617 lbs.

~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.2 lbs. (GT)

~C-One Standard (chromoly) - 9.9208 lbs.

~JUN (chromoly) - 9.6998 lbs.

~TRD Japan Flywheel (chromoly) - 9.6 lbs.

~RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented (aluminum) - 9.5 lbs.

~C-One Type-R (chromoly) - 8.8 lbs.

~TOM's (chromoly) - 8.03 lbs.

~AASCO (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.

~Mueller (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.

~Unorthodox (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs.

~Fidanza (aluminum) - 7.5 lbs.

If someone could convert all the weights, im on my phone and cba

Stock GTS (chromoly) - 13.0 lbs / 5.9 kg

~Gripforce (chromoly) - 11.0 lbs / 4.9 kg

~Blitz Active Clutch (chromoly) - 10.5 lbs / 4.76 kg

~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.5 lbs / 4.76 kg

~Toda (chromoly) - 10.3617 lbs / 4.7 kg

~MWR (forged chromoly) - 10.2 lbs / 4.63 kg

~C-One Standard (chromoly) - 9.9208 lb / 4.5 kg

~JUN (chromoly) - 9.6998 lbs / 4.4 kg

~TRD Japan Flywheel (chromoly) - 9.6 lbs / 4.35 kg

~RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented (aluminum) - 9.5 lbs / 4.31 kg

~C-One Type-R (chromoly) - 8.8 lbs / 3.99 kg

~TOM's (chromoly) - 8.03 lbs / 3.64 kg

~AASCO (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs / 3.63 kg

~Mueller (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs / 3.63 kg

~Unorthodox (aluminum) - 8.0 lbs /3.63 kg

~Fidanza (aluminum) - 7.5 lbs / 3.4 kg

Calculated using this

maybe he got the lbs and kg's mixed up with the standard toyota weight but why would he have said 6.57kg? If he was right then its heavier than standard and if he meant lbs then it would be lighter than a fidanza?

think i will have to call again tomorrow and confirm what he said

just got back in touch with them and i dont know were he got the 6.57kg's from!!! but the weight of this steel flywheel is 10lbs/4.5kg which finally makes sense!

does this sound like a good weight for daily driving cause at £180 i think i am going to get one.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Pretty much in the middle of stock and the fidanza flywheels, which is what i wanted.

I do like this clutch from the same company

Clutch

These clutches are now for sale on the monkey wrench racing website and are highly rated across the pond!

It works out cheaper than ordering from yank too

Luke

Yeah, that sounds about right. Pretty much in the middle of stock and the fidanza flywheels, which is what i wanted.

I do like this clutch from the same company

Clutch

These clutches are now for sale on the monkey wrench racing website and are highly rated across the pond!

It works out cheaper than ordering from yank too

Luke

Thats a very good price for that clutch kit! :thumbsup:

This may be a dumb question but will any clutch made for the 2zzge engine regardless of the car the engine is in will fit straight onto our corolla's?

Yes. All the 2zzge engines have the same clutch and flywheel.

Win win