Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I have seen the GT86

RichListers

Hello,

Firstly let me introduce myself, my name is Richard, i am the Sales Manager at Listers Toyota in Coventry.

On Thursday 1st of december i was fortunate enough to see the All New GT86 in the flesh........ And Wow.

I have followed peoples views and opinions on this forum for a couple of weeks now and was blown away by the optimism and knowledge from you guys This is going to be a Legendary step forward for Toyota.

Kind Regards

Richard Burt

**THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO REMOVE UNSUBSCRIBED ADVERTISING....IF ANY TOC MEMBERS WISH TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE NEW GT86 THEY SHOULD APPROACH THEIR LOCAL TOYOTA DEALER**

I think the car is a real looker! :thumbsup: but hearing the engine start up and rev on Steve's 1st view (Video) it doesnt sound that great. Maybe you could offer me a free 6 year test drive to prove me wrong? :toast::lol:

I personally heard and saw the car on Thursday and let me tell you............ Its a boxer engine, it sounds awesome

Regards

Rich

I personally heard and saw the car on Thursday and let me tell you............ Its a boxer engine, it sounds awesome

Regards

Rich

Ummmmmmmmmmm..... Rain check for me I think as I like my T-180 oil burner. But I may go test drive 1 as the Mrs has taken a shine to it. :thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to see the car at the Fuji Speedway on Sunday 27th then i got to sit in the GT86 and the BRZ at the Tokyo Motor Show.....and i really do like the cars...but im going to wait until the prices come out first before committing to one of the cars.

Its nice... but price is the most important thing. At £20k i would consider it.... but i hear rumours Toyota UK are going to full it to the brim with Sat Nav and Leather etc and try to sell it for £28k which totally defeats the point of this car if its going to be expensive and heavy.

Toyota UK need to keep it basic and keep the price down.

I can get a BMW 1 Series Coupe brand new for £21k.

In a World Wide recession, nothing is selling at the moment so good luck with that!!!!!

Ah don't be so negative :thumbsup:

A neighbour across the street from me has bought a new Avensis recently, so something must be selling

em i would have bought it if the price had stayd what it was ment to be but to be honest i would have had second thoughts any way......

25k for a 197 bhp coupe hell no i think i'll stick with my 190 bhp celica GT and 250BHPish supercharged is200...

i will get to drive plenty of them as well as go on the training courses though...

I saw it on Wednesday and it is a great looking car. As for the question about the price, as far as I know it's not been released, so it would be foolish to confirm an order when you don't know the final price.

I saw it on Wednesday and it is a great looking car. As for the question about the price, as far as I know it's not been released, so it would be foolish to confirm an order when you don't know the final price.

Was it you who shook my hand at the Tokyo Motor Show? :)

Was it you who shook my hand at the Tokyo Motor Show? :)

No, it was in a large hall in the Midlands ;) I'm in one of Steve's videos.

The price is the shame here, but it is a stunner and I wish I had one. If I had £25k to spend I'd still get one.

However, a word of warning Toyota, when you are selling a car for more than the Germans i.e. a £21k 1 Series, you are in trouble. The 1 series was over priced at the start, £21k is ludicrous!

KP

You say that, but I've already taken a deposit on it today. This car is really making a stir, and from what we can gather in the office, Toyota are developing a Supercharged version, no turbo I know, but interesting nonetheless

Richard did you ever work at BMW in Solihull? Sorry of topic i know.

So long as Toyota focussed on how this car drives and used the learnings/great apsects from the Lexus LFA supercar then I may even look at one of these.

I agree with the lexus engineer who spents 10 years developing the LFA. 1st priority is drive then performance!! The car better have decent steering and none of this light/lacking feedback stuff you get on the Aygo or Yaris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links