Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Upgraded Iq Lights

marcandsebe

Today was the day, that the dreadful interior light in my iQ was changed forever. Now David AKA Tarquin gave me a few options and they were to just replace the front, under 1 watt LED to 3 watt or also install 1 or 2 mini LED lights in the rear. When I saw how small they were, I said lets put both in. For any of you thinking of changing just the front light, it would be good enough, but putting the 2 in the rear, has totally changed the interior light brilliantly. When I walk up to the iQ, the whole interior lights up automatically (iQ2 & iQ3 only I believe) Now if Toyota said they had come up with a new fitting for the front and said its £100, I would have gladly paid it, because the light is really that bad. I can tell you it cost less than that and that was including the 2 rears. So David thank you for developing this. Also please note, that David changes the whole light unit, not just the LED and I could easily see the extra electronics when compared to my old on, and very neatly I might add.

And I also looked over David's car and all the improvements he had made. So here they are in no particular order. 

INTERIOR 

Interior Lights changed to blue

Side step lights

Under door pocket lights that you can't see

Footwell lights that you can't see

Reversing camera that can be switched on independently of reverse gear

iPod video connection

Exterior

Lowered suspension 

Nice alloy wheels 

Ultra low profile tyres

Rear camera in  number plate

Crome number plate surround

Daylight running light

I have asked for David to fit a lot of these because they are so good.

So again David, it was a pleasure to meet you today and thank you for doing the work, plus also giving me a trip in your car.

Marc

Thank you for your kind comments Marc.

Have a look at the pic. I expect you might be wanting this as well

David

post-109788-0-29914200-1322955415_thumb.

David

Yes they are really good too. You will have long list.

I also know there must be lots of iQ owners really unhappy with the interior light. We should have a meet and you bring plenty of ready made up lights along to change while we are there.

I went shopping yesterday and picked up some DRL's and a packet for the interia rear lighting. David might be recieving an email shortly requesting some advice/assistance. ;)

Fish

Excellent work David!! Next time you're up in the north east don't forget the toolbox ... !!

Dave

I went shopping yesterday and picked up some DRL's and a packet for the interia rear lighting. David might be recieving an email shortly requesting some advice/assistance. ;)

Fish

I don't think it's a case of just running cables from the front to rear. The whole front light was re wired with resistors and an extra cable feed for the rear light. David showed it and it was neatly finished off.

David

Yes they are really good too. You will have long list.

I also know there must be lots of iQ owners really unhappy with the interior light. We should have a meet and you bring plenty of ready made up lights along to change while we are there.

Very very naaaice David,

We should make a meeting somewhere... so this can be done to our cars....

Maybe the next iQ Meeting?? So some Dutch fanatics can come and join....

BTW is there ány iQ Meeting in England (Great-Britain?) I have not seen any signs of this on the forum.... Aaah YES I found one.. but that was more of a "Toyota-cars" meeting... and not just iQs...

... Cause in Holland we have one every 1/2 year.... In the spring (April) and in the fall (September)? Last September was the 5th one... :yes:

Peter

WOW David that sure would be nice....

You could stay at my place... room enough.. Even some more iQ'rs would be welcome...

You come at our place... we drive to the meeting.. and afterwords you stay over and see the surroundings. Holland is sóóó small... ha ha :thumbsup:

We live in the west of Holland (Heemstede.. see Google-Maps) it is very near the coast at Zandvoort... Nice to show you around...

It would be somewhere in April 2012 and in the "green" region of Holland (The Veluwe)...Or in the North-East.. witch is called The Province of Groningen..

Here some pic's from the last meeting in the South-West of Holland... near Hoek van Holland...

Here:

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/realbutcher/Meeting-11-september-2011-Hoek%20van%20Holland-/

You could stay at my place... room enough.. Even some more iQ'rs would be welcome...

You come at our place... we drive to the meeting.. and afterwords you stay over and see the surroundings. Holland is sóóó small... ha ha :thumbsup:

We live in the west of Holland (Heemstede.. see Google-Maps) it is very near the coast at Zandvoort... Nice to show you around...

It would be somewhere in April 2012 and in the "green" region of Holland (The Veluwe)...Or in the North-East.. witch is called The Province of Groningen..

Here some pic's from the last meeting in the South-West of Holland... near Hoek van Holland...

Here:

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/realbutcher/Meeting-11-september-2011-Hoek%20van%20Holland-/

Hi Peter, That is a generous offer thank you. I have been to the fishing village of Groningen and have been to Zandvoort as well.Been right along the coast and finished up at Cadzand looking for the remains of the Radio ship Uilenspiegal which sank into the sand when it was washed up onto the beach after a bad storm in 1962. In your pictures there is an iQ that has aluminium strips riveted to the windscreen wipers, do you know why.

David

Here:

http://s676.photobuc...van%20Holland-/

Hi Peter, That is a generous offer thank you. I have been to the fishing village of Groningen and have been to Zandvoort as well.Been right along the coast and finished up at Cadzand looking for the remains of the Radio ship Uilenspiegal which sank into the sand when it was washed up onto the beach after a bad storm in 1962. In your pictures there is an iQ that has aluminium strips riveted to the windscreen wipers, do you know why.

David

You can buy Wiper Blades with that lind of thing from Halfords. Its for keeping the Wiper Blades on the windscreen, A sort of down-force when travelling.

In your pictures there is an iQ that has aluminium strips riveted to the windscreen wipers, do you know why.

David

Hai David,

I really think it is just for the fun (show)... do we have problems at "high" speed??? SO it is for the fun of it...

Peter :)

A good nano-sealant on the glass and you dont need the wipers when it rains. ;)

Fish

In your pictures there is an iQ that has aluminium strips riveted to the windscreen wipers, do you know why.

David

Hai David,

I really think it is just for the fun (show)... do we have problems at "high" speed??? SO it is for the fun of it...

Peter :)

Yea but 2 rivets not so good looking

David

Yep... agree... but still.. I find it a nice Halfords extra.... do NOT have it on my car.. ha ha ha...

I hope this works. If it does, it shows the light output of the Upgraded and extra lights.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z459/marcandsebe/48dcc0b1.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z459/marcandsebe/fb3f166a.jpg

Very clean, but as much as I like the dodge strips on some car I dont think they suit the iQ. imo.

Fish

Very nice MarcandSebe, personally I like the strips, so much that I'm considering of adding them to my iQ. Have you ever thought of changing the factory wheels? I think

They will suit the strips a lot. But even like this your car looks really nice!

Very nice MarcandSebe, personally I like the strips, so much that I'm considering of adding them to my iQ. Have you ever thought of changing the factory wheels? I think

Thanks Marcos

The 2 stripes over the roof were on the car when I brought it ex demo. I was going to take them off, but actually think they look good on the iQ. I added the door strips that come in unpainted black. I had them sprayed silver to match the 2 centre stripes. It also gives a bit of protection if people open their doors on you.

I saw David (Tarquin's) iQ with lowered suspension, low profile tyres and alloy wheels. It looked really nice and when he took me for a spin, the car handle brilliantly.

Thanks Marcos

The 2 stripes over the roof were on the car when I brought it ex demo. I was going to take them off, but actually think they look good on the iQ. I added the door strips that come in unpainted black. I had them sprayed silver to match the 2 centre stripes. It also gives a bit of protection if people open their doors on you.

I saw David (Tarquin's) iQ with lowered suspension, low profile tyres and alloy wheels. It looked really nice and when he took me for a spin, the car handle brilliantly.

I'm surprised Davids car even drives smoothly, seeing as he has made every effort to square off one of those alloys hahahaha

I'm only messing mate, I still think you should use it as an excuse to get them painted white/black.....

Glad you are liking the lights Marcandsebe. I am really glad I got David to fit mine. A friend even commented the other day how effective it looks when you walk close to car at night and the whole interior lights up.

My DRL's are playing up a bit with the cold weather.... Grrr I'm hoping our guru can take a look at them when he is free, as it's bound to be something to do with my fitting :blink:

Dan

Thanks Marcos

I'm surprised Davids car even drives smoothly, seeing as he has made every effort to square off one of those alloys hahahaha

I'm only messing mate, I still think you should use it as an excuse to get them painted white/black.....

Glad you are liking the lights Marcandsebe. I am really glad I got David to fit mine. A friend even commented the other day how effective it looks when you walk close to car at night and the whole interior lights up.

My DRL's are playing up a bit with the cold weather.... Grrr I'm hoping our guru can take a look at them when he is free, as it's bound to be something to do with my fitting :blink:

Dan

Too late now mate for dissing me car innit.

David