Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Query - New Aerial For 10 Reg, Very Very Expensive !

little grey yaris

Last week, the aerial blew off my car on a windy night (10 reg Yaris). The car was parked at the top of my driveay, so I don't think someone snapped it off. I kept the aerial, but it wouldn't fit back into its socket. It didn't look damaged, but I took it to Toyota dealership to see if they could fix it. Without looking at the car, the person on the service desk said it had actually snapped & would cost £360 to replace. The aerial just costs £30, but apparently the unit on the roof needs replacing which involves taking off the lining off from inside the car etc.

Is the price right ?

Think I will just put up with a bad radio recpetion for the time being, but it will have to be fixed at some point. I

Last week, the aerial blew off my car on a windy night (10 reg Yaris). The car was parked at the top of my driveay, so I don't think someone snapped it off. I kept the aerial, but it wouldn't fit back into its socket. It didn't look damaged, but I took it to Toyota dealership to see if they could fix it. Without looking at the car, the person on the service desk said it had actually snapped & would cost £360 to replace. The aerial just costs £30, but apparently the unit on the roof needs replacing which involves taking off the lining off from inside the car etc.

Is the price right ?

Think I will just put up with a bad radio recpetion for the time being, but it will have to be fixed at some point. I

There are Shark Fin type aerials that fit over the base of the original aerial.But dont know how they connect up or how good they are.But must be worth looking into.

Agree that the £360 seems over the top.

Good luck with it anyway.

Is the price right ?

There are loads of them on eBay starting at just over £2.00 to ££££££££££££££££s , just type " Yaris Aerial" in the search box.

Pete.

...or get a Toyota DAB unit fitted for not a huge amount more than that. It includes an internal aerial making the external one defunct and comes with plenty of DAB goodness ... (presuming you don't live too far out in the sticks and the external bit isn't leaking or anything).

..otherwise, yes that does sound a bit steep.

Take it easy,

Mick

Thanks for replies re; aerial.Car went back to garage yesterday for a closer look. Something has snapped inside the aerial bracket that's mounted on the roof - so an aerial will no longer fit into the socket. Toyota have agreed this can be replaced under warranty. (Hurrah !) It's booked in to get fixed next week. :thumbsup:

Many of these short roof-top aerials have a signal amplifier built into the base. That could account for some of the expense.

Thanks for replies re; aerial.Car went back to garage yesterday for a closer look. Something has snapped inside the aerial bracket that's mounted on the roof - so an aerial will no longer fit into the socket. Toyota have agreed this can be replaced under warranty. (Hurrah !) It's booked in to get fixed next week. :thumbsup:

A great result mate.

Well done Toyota AGAIN .... not many manufacturers would do that.

Regards Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links