Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yokohama Geolanders Like Rocking Horse Poop !

SMH13

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooo :censor:

I had my runflats taken off in September and some fab Yokohama Geolanders put on.

I got a flat on Saturday and it cannot be repaired :crybaby: . The Tyre chap could not get hold of one of the GO51's to match the others. Well, after phoning round most of the morning, National Tyres got me the only one left in the North West from Manchester. :thumbsup:

I emailed Yokohama :

Good afternoon Stella.

Many thanks for your enquiry and sorry to hear that buying Yokohama's are such hard work.

Please be re-assured that the only problem we have with this tyre is we have no stock. Demand has exceeded supply recreantly.

The G051 is a current Yokohama 4x4 tyre.

Best regards,

Mark.

Mark Griffin.

Sales Manager.

Yokohama H.P.T Ltd.

Mount Farm, Dawson Road,

Milton Keynes. MK1 1AH.

p. 01908 625 603

f. 01908 625 635

e. markg@yokohama.co.uk

Registered Office:

Mishcon de Reya, Summit House,

12 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4QD

Registered in England No. 2278174

Please be re-assured that the only problem we have with this tyre is we have no stock. Demand has exceeded supply recreantly.

Fairly fundamental problem I'd say :unsure:

hello

any real experience is available with these G051's ?

I am to purchase a set of 4 tyres in Spring. Cheers

Hi Stella, How bad is the puncture? I notice you have location as lancahsire, well even though most places wont repair if its within about an inch of the side wall, Thistlethwaites in Bolton can repair pretty much anything. Had mine done there several times on my old car when the tyres where >£200 per corner.

If your local enough given them a bell

Libky here : http://protyre.co.uk/outletsdesc.aspx?id=24882

Try finding some Go12 AT/S tyres! Yokohama tell me they will have stock by the middle of December.

Tyres are such hard work! You spend hours researching what are best for your kind of mileage and driving only too inevitably discover they are either too expensive for your budget, or unavailable! :huh:

I wanted all season/weather tyres and have settled on some that most people might not give a second look to from Germany's other tyre manufacturer - Fulda.

I did the research and read some good stuff about them from both users and German auto magazine testers. So now my Rav4.1 is wearing 4 x 235/60 R16 100H Fulda 4x4 Road MS a Touring All Season tyre supplied and fitted by Event Tyres at a cost of £107 including fitting and VAT per tyre!

Just how good are they? If the tyres are as good as the quality of service I received from Event Tyres, I'll be more than happy! But I'll let you know in the Spring B)

hello

any real experience is available with these G051's ?

I am to purchase a set of 4 tyres in Spring. Cheers

GO51's came with my 2007 4.3. With only 3mm left on them last winter they coped perfectly in the snow. Changed them for exact same tyre this summer for about £120 each (got good deal on buying four at once and got FREE wheel alignment). Now have more like 8mm of tread. BRING ON THE SNOW!

Dave

PS they lasted about 30,000 miles

GO51's came with my 2007 4.3. With only 3mm left on them last winter they coped perfectly in the snow. Changed them for exact same tyre this summer for about £120 each (got good deal on buying four at once and got FREE wheel alignment). Now have more like 8mm of tread. BRING ON THE SNOW!

Dave

PS they lasted about 30,000 miles

I commute in an Aygo but bought the RAV for my wife and the plan was that I would drive the RAV in the ice and snow.

Apparently Aygos are also good in the snow. I would think the RAV would be best going uphill and on the flat but maybe not so good downhill if the brakes are touched. Anyone had experience of driving both a RAV and Aygo in winter? I have driven a RAV and a LC before but the weather was not as bad as last year when I was driving a Prius!

I have non-winter tyres on both (Geolanders and Michelin Continental)

David

I also struggled to find a spare Geolander after a puncture, until I tried my Main Toyota Dealer. Not only did they have stock, but they were competitive price wise as well. Why not suppport you main dealer ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links